T-Mobile UK still doing SDA II?

Guest Swampie

Guest Swampie

I've tried looking for the SDA II on T-Mobile's website, and whilst it's still listed in their phones section, when you try viewing the info it gives an error. Similarly, when you're viewing a tariff selection and then try selecting a handset, the SDA II is missing.

Does this mean that they're no longer supplying the SDA II?

Guest Pondrew

Oh I really hope you're right Paul! Although not sure how I'd manage to get one given I've ALREADY got two contracts with them!

Maybe it's time to sell on another device...

EDIT: just realised this is in the wrong hardware section as the SDA II is a Hurricane. Moved...

Guest Gasman2

I've currently got someone in their business support team looking at upgrading my phone to an SDA II. They're due to come back to me later today, so I may get some info then!

Guest Gasman2

Business support seemed totally unaware the SDA II has disappeared from their system! ](*,)

They still have good stocks of the CoPilot kits, but after much hunting round various departments and different bits of their internal web site, confirmed that there doesn't appear to be any SDA II stock.

It's not listed as a discontinued phone on their system, nor is there anything to replace it showing on their "new phones coming soon". So, they suspect it may just simply be out of stock temporarily.

They've promised to investigate further and come back to me. I'll let you know.....

Guest chucky.egg
I just got my SDA II on upgrade. None of the shops have them in stock but T-Mobile directly do.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I just called them and they said they hadn't had any for weeks, and wouldn't be getting any more.

How did you get yours? by phone or email or what?

AFAICT there are now NO networks carrying WiFi-enabled Smartphones!

Edited by chucky.egg

Guest chucky.egg

Oh, sorry! These two combined in one forum confused me.

But I thought the SDAII was the same as an SP5m (WiFi with "music" buttons).

So, anyone know of a UK network offering WiFi Smartphones?

I just called them and they said they hadn't had any for weeks, and wouldn't be getting any more.

How did you get yours? by phone or email or what?

AFAICT there are now NO networks carrying WiFi-enabled Smartphones!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

>How did you get yours? by phone or email or what?

I called T-Mobile 1st they said they can post the phone to me. I then went through all of Oxford St. in London trying to demo the phone in the shops. None had it in stock but one T-Mobile store at Bond Street and they only had 1. Which I got in the end.

That was at end of last week. So maybe T-Mobile direct out of stock by now.

Guest Gasman2

I went in to a T-Mobile shop today - they were also out of stock, but the sales chap said they might be getting some more in next week, BUT if it was him, he'd wait 'cos they're bringing out the SDA 3 in 2 or 3 weeks time!

I tried to quiz him about but he said he only knew there was going to be an SDA 3, he hadn't heard any specs for it.

;)

Guest Gasman2

I've just been told that by T-Mobile Customer Services that they are currently reviewing whether or not to continue supplying this phone. If they do, it will be the middle of April before they have new stocks.

But, they also said they we're trying to find out what the release date is for the SDA3! See: SDA3 Thread

• 4 weeks later...