SDA(iMate SP5m) messed up software

Guest mm2ha

Guest mm2ha

I was trying to install different homescreens today to see how they look like, but my T-Mobile SDA got kind of messed up. I cannot get into the Start menu anymore and also if somebody calls me, the screen is all messed up and I cannot see who is calling at all. How can I fix that? Or how can I do a softreset, or a hardreset(if it is really necessary)? Thanks a lot for the help!

Guest dm251x
I was trying to install different homescreens today to see how they look like, but my T-Mobile SDA got kind of messed up. I cannot get into the Start menu anymore and also if somebody calls me, the screen is all messed up and I cannot see who is calling at all. How can I fix that? Or how can I do a softreset, or a hardreset(if it is really necessary)? Thanks a lot for the help!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I've experienced that problem. You need to application-unlock the phone. You need to make registry changes and run the SDA-UNLOCK program to do that, and it will be fixed. Let me know if you can't find the programs on the forum.

Guest farique

HELP ;)

Now I'm really in a fix...

I was playing around with the file manager and messed up with some settings..

I clicked on associate on the taskman.exe file and then all my other .exe was switching on taskman.exe even when I pressed text message, IE, or contacts.

SO I resetted my phone (remove batt)

and then The phone is just stuck on the start up screen....

(I think its because phone.exe wont start)

err What can I do? since I cant get to the "clear Storage" to restore tha factory defaults...

I tried the "hold both Softkey" Hard reset but still stuck at the splash screen...

BTW my Device is a Dopod 577W an SP5 Equivalent

or should I just Flash a new ROM??

Really need ur help guys... my smartphones just a nice looking "brick" right now :cry:

Guest mm2ha

Unfortunately I cannot help you, as I have reseted my phone thorough clear storage. But this was only due to the big help of pocket controller and its command line ability, otherwise I would be still stuck with a phone being able just to make calls and nothing else. However, I would really like to know how to hard reset this phone in case of future emergency. As you have mentioned too, holding down two soft keys does not help at all. And I have not find anything mentioned about that in the documentation fo this device from T-Mobile.

HELP ;)

Now I'm really in a fix...

I was playing around with the file manager and messed up with some settings..

I clicked on associate on the taskman.exe file and then all my other .exe was switching on taskman.exe even when I pressed text message, IE, or contacts.

SO I resetted my phone (remove batt)

and then The phone is just stuck on the start up screen....

(I think its because phone.exe wont start)

err What can I do? since I cant get to the "clear Storage" to restore tha factory defaults...

I tried the "hold both Softkey" Hard reset but still stuck at the splash screen...

BTW my Device is a Dopod 577W an SP5 Equivalent

or should I just Flash a new ROM??

Really need ur help guys... my smartphones just a nice looking "brick" right now :cry:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>