I-mate SP5 ROM Officially Released today !

Guest rmastbro

Guest PPCPassion

Can someone reconfirm for me which ROM to download for iMate SP5 with US english. By reading this thread, I think, I hvae narrowed it down to two files:

Highest ROM version number under SP5_WWE= i-mate_SP5_WWE_2.5.331.2.zip

Highest ROM version number under SP5M=i-mate_SP5m_WWE_2.6.331.2.zip

Obviously, SP5M has the higher (and most likely desired) ROM version but can it be used on SP5? I am sure some folks may think what a moran but I just want to make sure before I fry my phone ;)

Thanks!

Use the SP5 rom. The numbers aren't actually the rom version but the build. The rom's are exactly the same, just the SP5m was built after the SP5 one - probably right afterwards!

Guest PPCPassion
Use the SP5 rom.  The numbers aren't actually the rom version but the build.  The rom's are exactly the same, just the SP5m was built after the SP5 one - probably right afterwards!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks Kam. Installed ROm for SP5M without any issues.

Thanks again for replying.

Guest jonnses

i'm having some difficulty flashing my sda to i-mate_SP5m_WWE_2.6.331.2. i was able unlock the application and sim. but when i tried flashing to WWE_2.6.331.2 it gives an error [294]: invalid vender id.

anybody experience this? or know how to resolve this problem?

i'm not sure if i need to change the ccid to superccid. don't know how to do this yet.

thanks for the help.

Edited by jonnses

Guest schriss
i'm having some difficulty flashing my sda to i-mate_SP5m_WWE_2.6.331.2. i was able unlock the application and sim. but when i tried flashing to WWE_2.6.331.2 it gives an error [294]: invalid vender id.

anybody experience this? or know how to resolve this problem?

i'm not sure if i need to change the ccid to superccid. don't know how to do this yet.

thanks for the help.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Why mess with the phone (supercid), when you can use TyphoonNbfTool.exe to open nk.nbf and Edit Header - clear Operator field. It will then flash just fine.

Hope this helps.

P.S. When you run i-mate_SP5_RUS_2.5.332.1.exe you will find all files extracted in your temp dir.

P.S.2: http://www.spv-developers.com/content/TyphoonNBFTool.zip

P.S.3: Great How-to: http://www.modaco.com/Install_newest_QTek_...00-t207547.html

This is the part you want to read:

2) Download TyphoonNBFTool:

http://www.spv-developers.com/content/TyphoonNBFTool.zip

Unzip TyphoonNBFTool to a place you can remember. For example, your desktop...

3) Open and run the QTEK ROM update.

4) You will now see a welcoming. Press NEXT, and the temporary files will be installed extracted. Don't continue yet!

Instead, open Typhoon-NBF-tool.

5) Use Typhoon-NBF-tool to open the nbf-file located on your PC around here:

C:\Documents and Settings\(your username)\Local Settings\Temp\pft(a number).tmp\

Notice! If you can't find the library specified above, it may be because your Windows Explorer is not set to show hidden files and folders! Open Explore (Windowskey + E), go into "Tools", choose "Folder Options", then "View". Make a checkmark in "show hidden files and folders".

Notice! The library specified above may have a slightly different name. Look a bit for it, there's a .nbf-file in the correct library.

6) In NBFTool, Choose Tools > Edit Header Data

7) Delete everything in the Operator field (where it says something weird - just delete it)

8 ) Press OK

Choose Tools > Recalculate Header CRC32

9) Choose File > Save As and overwrite the nbf-file you just edited...

9.5) Back to the QTek installation screen. Check the field where you agree to that your phone may blow up your entire house (or whatever it says) and press carry on with the installation as usual.

10) As the phone updates, please be patient at 99% as this may take quite some time!!

11) After succesfull installation, the phone will take pretty long to boot. You can just play with the scroll stick if you're bored... the phone will update as this is first boot (Cold boot), then it'll restart.

12) The Qtek ROM boots normally, and TADAAAA - you're done!

Guest swivel

OK, I'm really new to the Windows Mobile 5.0 thing. I just got my USA T-Mobile SDA yesterday. I really want to go ahead and flash with this latest ROM, but I have a couple of questions beforehand if someone can answer them for me.

I will lose all of my currently saved data, apps, settings, etc., correct? If so, is there any quick and easy way to restore them once flashed? Also, how can I flash back to the original T-Mobile USA ROM if I need to do so?

Thanks.

Edited by swivel

Guest user888

I don't know if anyone other than me noticed. When you have installed the I-Mate SP5 ROM on your QTek 8310, the ClearVue Suite won't install anymore. The installer checks the CID of the phone.

I have worked around this by unpacking the CAB file, renaming all (100+ files!) en rebuilding the registry.

I put an article online that explains how to do it: http://www.ruwebit.net/article/138/

I don't know if anyone other than me noticed. When you have installed the I-Mate SP5 ROM on your QTek 8310, the ClearVue Suite won't install anymore. The installer checks the CID of the phone.

I have worked around this by unpacking the CAB file, renaming all (100+ files!) en rebuilding the registry.

I put an article online that explains how to do it: http://www.ruwebit.net/article/138/

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi!

I had this problem with ClearVue after updating my 8310, too. A very simple solution: I contacted ClearVue support. Within 12 hours they sent me a regkey for the downloadable trial version on their website. This version works fine - also with the new i-mate ROM. Good and fast support!

An other thing: has anyone the download link for the new keylight-tool?

Cheers!

Guest jonnses

thnx schriss for the suggestion. i was able to sucessfully flash to sp5m. however, when i sync the phone it won't dl all my calander events in outlook. i config the setting to download the last month events; it only shows the current or next day event. not all the events i have set.

odd part is that, my contacts data transfer over fine.

Guest marcrp

As schriss explained I have removed everything in the Operator field and saved the file over the existing one. I then continue the setup and it says: ERROR [238] : FILE READ

If i try without changing the operator field I get the message about not being valid for your operator.

Trying to update v1240 with iMate SP5 ROM.

Any help appreciated.

Guest tedwud
At last we have a release !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ftp://ftp.clubimate.com/

On your mark, get set, start your downloads !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For anyone who has installed it, maybe they could comment on any issues or problems with then new ROM...

Also, maybe someone could explain on how to use the push email option..

Updates per i-mate site

------------------------------------------------------------

Microsoft™ Messaging and Security Feature Pack (MSFP):

Addition of the MSFP allowing Direct Push email, remote device wiping, security policy enforcement and Global Address List Lookup for customers using a Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 with Service Pack 2.

File beaming over Bluetooth:

It is now possible to beam files over Bluetooth using the file manager.

Improved radio functionality:

Microphone level has been boosted.

Cell Broadcast display is now supported.

Line2 functionality introduced.

Busy Tone corrected.

Improved the echo suppression.

USSD service support is upgraded.

Updated MMS:

MMS will now operate until there is only 1 Mb of free storage space. Previously this limit was set at 4Mb.

MMS client updated to the current version

Improved Pocket Internet Explorer:

Frames functionality now supported in the browser.

Quick navigation using Page Up key (key 2) and Page Down key (key 8).

Keypad Light Timing:

The timeout of the keypad light can now be set. There is a utility in the 'Utilities' section of the SP5 support pages that will let you set it. Note that setting the keypad light over 8 seconds will cause significant reduction in battery life.

Voice Dial:

Voice Dial reliability from handset has been improved.

Communication Manager:

Communication Manager has been updated to allow current data services to be stopped, Direct Push email to be started/stopped using a single button press, and flight mode to be switched on/off.

Reminders:

When the device is locked, calendar reminders can be snoozed by using the joystick. Previously it was only possible to press the numeric key associated with the menu option to snooze a reminder.

Bluetooth:

Car Kit interface: Address book sync can now be performed to car kits.

Bluetooth Beaming from file manager has now been improved (more reliable and faster).

Java:

Updated Java client to latest version.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Which is the update that i download from the list is it SP5m_ WWE 2.6.331.2 and does this work on spv c600? how do i install it. Please can somone help. Thanks :|

Guest micstar

I just downloaded

i-mate_SP5m_WWE_2.6.331.2

Does it work on an

XDA-Phone =

HTC Tornado Tempo - o2 XDA Phone, i-Mate SP5m, Qtek 8300, Dopod 586w

and does it perhaps enable Wifi on this device???

Wifi is locked or the chip has not been installed... noone knows for sure if it is only disabled via software or not soldered onto the board...

Any ideas?

Cheers

Mic

Edited by micstar

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Teo2005
As schriss explained I have removed everything in the Operator field and saved the file over the existing one. I then continue the setup and it says: ERROR [238] : FILE READ

If i try without changing the operator field I get the message about not being valid for your operator.

Trying to update v1240 with iMate SP5 ROM.

Any help appreciated.

I also notice then when I edit the nbf file with the tool the file sizes goes from 41mb to 4kb!

The best way to deal with unlocking, ROM flash, application unlocking is to modify CID in the first time.

I have an Orange SPV C600, and I could only application-unlock (modifying registry) and SIM-unlock

(SPV-Services); I could not SuperCID (Illegal writezone patch attempt), i could not backup the original

ROM on miniSD. Maybe I could flash the ROM with the modified header (CID blanked) but I read several

posts where people complained that afterwards they can not revert to the original ROM, or they are stuck

with the firmware they flashed; the blank CID isn't recognised by any ROM image, but the SuperCID is recognised and permits flashing. SuperCID (CID=11111111) is a feature of the so-called 'developer units'

that has to be fully unlocked so the developer can experiment with various ROM images.

So that's what I did and I learned:

1. I managed to find a service centre that claimed that unlocks SPV's and Qtek's

2. Talked with the service manager about superCID-ing - he assured me that he can do that with

proffesional equipment, no risks involved

3. went there and talked a lot with him for 2 reasons:

- to assure myself that he knows what he's doing;

- to learn new things, and I learnt that there are 3 levels of security: Constructor ID (CID) wich is the

strongest, then SIMlock, and finnaly application lock. If the CID lock is removed, then the other locks are

much more permissive (after SuperCID, I hard-reset the phone and I didn't decertified the phone but

I could install not-signed applications.

4. SuperCID-ed the phone - costed about 35 euros

After it was like another phone: backed up original ROM on miniSD - worked flawlessy, checked if

the phone can be restored fom the SD image - no problem, flashed the Imate SP5 NRE firmware -

again, no problems, so not a single issue since I had SuperCID-ed.

Btw. There's a wrong version of NBFTools on the net that indeed truncates the nk.nbf file to 4Mb.

YOU CAN MESS THE PHONE COMPLETELY WITH THIS!!!. If you really want to flash ypur phone with

a modified nk.nbf image (blanked CID) search for the version of NBFTools that DOESN'T change the

length (dimension) of the file

Hope that helps...

Guest zetron

I have upgraded to the new ROM recently and have lost the icon/list view changing option that was available under Accessories. Could anyone please give me a link for that software?

Tried running the WWE & Arabic customizations, but nothing under those added that application. Also, the link for the power management utility is not to be found on the Utilities page, says Coming Soon.

Guest RSkillz

Does the I-Mate Rom include the extra app. you're able to start by holding the "homebutton"?

I'm curious about the differences between the I-Mate Rom and the QTek ROM.

Guest cease
Does the I-Mate Rom include the extra app. you're able to start by holding the "homebutton"?

I'm curious about the differences between the I-Mate Rom and the QTek ROM.

Not sure of the differences since I don't have the QTEK ROM (non exists for the QTEK 8300 that I know of), but I was able to load the Imate ROM on my QTEK 8300. Works fine. I did have to do the SPV CID unlock to universal 11111111 to get it all to work. To get SPV to work I had to disable USB connection option and to KILL wcescomm.exe per instructions on XDA site.

Guest Jonny_doe
the software pack is on the imate website , which includes the 2 games and antivirus app plus the icon view

Can anyone share a link for these for the Qkek owner ???

I could do with a few games ..

Guest zetron
the software pack is on the imate website , which includes the 2 games and antivirus app plus the icon view

I guess either my phone is very special or I was doing something very wrong. I had tried choosing Install to StorageCard & Device too on various occasions, without any results. On both locations, the software pack installed itself, restarted the phone but the icon/list view was not present.

Finally, I went into the CDL folder in the Program Files to install the icon list view cab file which resolved it.