I-mate SP5 ROM Officially Released today !

Guest rmastbro

Guest rmastbro

At last we have a release !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ftp://ftp.clubimate.com/

On your mark, get set, start your downloads !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For anyone who has installed it, maybe they could comment on any issues or problems with then new ROM...

Also, maybe someone could explain on how to use the push email option..

Updates per i-mate site

------------------------------------------------------------

Microsoft™ Messaging and Security Feature Pack (MSFP):

Addition of the MSFP allowing Direct Push email, remote device wiping, security policy enforcement and Global Address List Lookup for customers using a Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 with Service Pack 2.

File beaming over Bluetooth:

It is now possible to beam files over Bluetooth using the file manager.

Improved radio functionality:

Microphone level has been boosted.

Cell Broadcast display is now supported.

Line2 functionality introduced.

Busy Tone corrected.

Improved the echo suppression.

USSD service support is upgraded.

Updated MMS:

MMS will now operate until there is only 1 Mb of free storage space. Previously this limit was set at 4Mb.

MMS client updated to the current version

Improved Pocket Internet Explorer:

Frames functionality now supported in the browser.

Quick navigation using Page Up key (key 2) and Page Down key (key 8).

Keypad Light Timing:

The timeout of the keypad light can now be set. There is a utility in the 'Utilities' section of the SP5 support pages that will let you set it. Note that setting the keypad light over 8 seconds will cause significant reduction in battery life.

Voice Dial:

Voice Dial reliability from handset has been improved.

Communication Manager:

Communication Manager has been updated to allow current data services to be stopped, Direct Push email to be started/stopped using a single button press, and flight mode to be switched on/off.

Reminders:

When the device is locked, calendar reminders can be snoozed by using the joystick. Previously it was only possible to press the numeric key associated with the menu option to snooze a reminder.

Bluetooth:

Car Kit interface: Address book sync can now be performed to car kits.

Bluetooth Beaming from file manager has now been improved (more reliable and faster).

Java:

Updated Java client to latest version.

Edited by rmastbro

Guest da_mayhem
At last we have a release !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ftp://ftp.clubimate.com/

On your mark, get set, start your downloads !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For anyone who has installed it, maybe they could comment on any issues or problems with then new ROM...

Also, maybe someone could explain on how to use the push email option..

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Atlast! Thanks fro the info rmastbro!

Guest rmastbro
A2DP in this release? I just gotta have stereo audio over bluetooth to use with Sonorix.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Unfortuneatly it has been removed ;)

Guest leethacker
https://www.imate.com/t-DEVICE_SP5_.....

Support--sp5 rom

COMING SOON

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Nothing on the ftp yet, and only a "COMING SOON" on the clubimate page. What does that mean. Was the update really on the ftp and removed afterwards?

@threadstarter: where do you have these detailed infos about the ROM from? Do you work for i-mate?

Btw: When the ROM is finally out and somebody of you guys flash it this is what I want to know:

- Is the phone faster with the new ROM?

- Is the camera application improved (is it maybe the same improved cam app that will be used in upcoming devices like the smartflip?)?

- Any bugs?

Guest rsearley
Nothing on the ftp yet, and only a "COMING SOON" on the clubimate page. What does that mean. Was the update really on the ftp and removed afterwards?

@threadstarter: where do you have these detailed infos about the ROM from? Do you work for i-mate?

Btw: When the ROM is finally out and somebody of you guys flash it this is what I want to know:

- Is the phone faster with the new ROM?

- Is the camera application improved (is it maybe the same improved cam app that will be used in upcoming devices like the smartflip?)?

- Any bugs?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think i was there, and removed, as if you goto the kown issues there is details there about some issues that have been resolved, and 1 new issues

i dont see why they would put it there, then remove it, unless they have found a issue with it!!

Guest leethacker
I think i was there, and removed,  as if you goto the kown issues  there is details there about some issues that have been resolved, and 1 new issues

i dont see why they would put it there, then remove it, unless they have found a issue with it!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This is what I can find about the issues on the clubimate page:

Under Investigation

# First Bluetooth voicedial after pairing/power on, voice call is not connected to headset. You must tap the button on the headset for a second time to connect the audio to the headset. Subsequent calls are routed directly to the headset.

Resolved Issues

# Voicedial from the handset is now of the same reliability as from a Bluetooth Headset.

# Activesync synchronization: synchronisation of contacts will now occur in one pass.

# If user receives/makes a voice call while using the device as an external dial-up modem, modem link application must be restarted to allow data network connectivity.

# Cell broadcast is now displayed on the default Home Screen.

# Bluetooth beaming from File Manager has now been improved.

# UK busy tone has now been corrected.

hmmmm .... maybe the problems with the bluetooth headset caused the release delay ...

Guest rsearley
This is what I can find about the issues on the clubimate page:

hmmmm .... maybe the problems with the bluetooth headset caused the release delay ...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Doubt they delay is to the known issue

all the devices have known issues, and some never get fixed, the pda2k still has issues

Guest nastassja

well if it was really on the ftp and it got removed, it can only be because they found an issue... they publish all the roms on the public ftp so i don't see why they wouldnt do the same with the sp5

i hope we can finally flash it this week.. :P

Guest UniqueTouch
The new camera app won't feature in any other devices at this time.

P

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

New camera app? huh? Any chanhce of a link some info about it as I must have missed it.

Thanks

Guest shadamehr

Seems this is all TRUE folks...

The Backlight time-out application IS available in the Utilities section of the I-mate site (for registered members)...

BUT... it warns you it only works on...

ROM versions: 2.5.331.2 (WWE), 2.5.332.1 (RUS) or 2.5.333.1 (NRE) in order to set the keypad backlight.

Which is the NEW ROM! And on the ROM page itself now on i-mate, ALL ROMS have been removed, including the old, in anticipation of the new one coming, with the page now saying simply "Coming Soon"

From i-mate:

• i-mate™ SP5 Power Management Utility

Use this application to set the length of time that the light behind the keypad stays on, as well as setting the standard power elements.

Download the i-mate™ SP5 Power Management Utility by clicking here (8 Kb)

To install this utility:

1. Download the program on to your PC.

1. Copy the program on to your SP5 using ActiveSync and launch the file using File Manager. Additional information on how to install a .cab file can be found on your Companion CD or here in "Install a CAB file or upgrade the Operating System of your i-mate™ SP5"

Note:

* You must be running ROM 2.5.331.2 (WWE), 2.5.332.1 (RUS) or 2.5.333.1 (NRE) in order to set the keypad backlight

* Setting the keypad backlight to more than 8 seconds will severely reduce the battery life of the device.