Monolithix

MoDaCo Summer Event 2006 - We Need Your Help!

Hi everyone!

I know, its been a while since the last event, i've been busy but i think you'll agree it's been worth the wait. We now have a whole host of exciting new devices on their way, such as the Hermes, Startrek and Breeze from HTC, i310 and i320 from Samsung, the Motorola Q, and Gigabyte and Asus both now have offerings too! So we're working to let YOU use them and give feedback to the right people! And as usual we'll have technical employees of both Orange and Microsoft to answer and questions developers may have!

Planning is still in the earliest of stages but we need your help to decide where to hold the event.

Currently we're aiming for some time in the first few weeks of July, most likely a Saturday as usual. If you are interested in coming please vote for the area most convenient for you to get to. The purpose of this poll is to get an idea of where to look for locations, not necessarily to determine it. Also - make sure everyone has updated their postcode in your profile settings. This data is kept perfectly secure and is used solely for us to find out where member locations are concentrated.

Please post any questions below. I'll also be blogging updates to planning as they come on my website: www.monolithix.org/blog

Cheers!

I was aware we'd have holiday problems around the summer, hopefully we should be able to get some other meet-type events towards the end of the year. Depends on whether i can get a few ideas off the ground and if i have the time!

Now that I have two sp5's and a T-Mobile MDA Vario, with another to follow, I feel keen to be at this one.

The last TWO events I have not been able to make though, as they have coincided with NUFC Football games at home at St James' Park, and I have had to work both occasions.

Hope the earlier time of year of this one will help me here - it sounds like it will be during the close season!

COOL!

Can we make this one Manchester, or Birmingham, or Leeds or Sheffield though, to cater for those of us from up north or Scotland, with the last one being London based???

Well the Astraware crew will be there again. As we're based in Staffordshire, Birmingham or Manchester is closer for us, but be assured we're happy to travel wherever you hold it!

Being a southerner from Surrey, London is by far the best location for me.

As for dates - either of the first 2 Saturdays in July are great. After that and you're clashing with the Royal International Air Tattoo at RAF Fairford and then Farnborough Airshow the following weekend. ;)

Pleeeeaaassseeee make it either of the first two saturdays in July! ;)

I didnt realise the Farnborough Air Show was around then. I'm in Surrey too and am hoping to get there through placement work!

shadamehr - i have some ideas for the north. Need to get the main event out of the way first though ;)

Alsicole - good to hear that! I'll be in touch ;)

,Mar 22 2006, 16:51]I didnt realise the Farnborough Air Show was around then.  I'm in Surrey too and am hoping to get there through placement work!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah, Farnborough Airshow also clashes with our wedding anniversary.... so we're moving it by a day (anniversary - not Farnborough!). I have a lovely understanding wife. ;)

And Biggin Hill airshow clashes with my son's 2nd birthday... talk about bad timing or what! ;)

To keep it all slightly on topic - I think I've put all the main airshows in my Outlook calendar, which nicely gets synced with my Vario. I'm an amateur photographer too - so enjoy these types of events. Outlook so so useful to organise all these things.

Edited by Swampie

A minor note; in case you want to attract any members from outside the UK, London would probably be the best choiche... By far the easiest/cheapest to get to.

shadamehr - i have some ideas for the north.  Need to get the main event out of the way first though ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Good to hear - keep me posted/need a hand/need a venue possibly free etc etc let me know etc

DOH DOH DOH and DOH again......... does not look like a short trip for me again ;)

roll on Bristol!

Birmingham was a good event. Manchester is easy enough for us up north.

Coming from Liverpool, Manchester would be good.....but from a geographical perspective....I think Birmingham would be best. I think basing it in London would mean a lot of travel from those Modaco'ers from north of the Watford gap! ;) And yes, I'm from Liverpool....I bought my phone legit - it's not from a car seat! Calm down, calm down! ;)

Yeah, Farnborough Airshow also clashes with our wedding anniversary....  so we're moving it by a day (anniversary - not Farnborough!).  I have a lovely understanding wife. ;)

And Biggin Hill airshow clashes with my son's 2nd birthday... talk about bad timing or what! ;)

To keep it all slightly on topic - I think I've put all the main airshows in my Outlook calendar, which nicely gets synced with my Vario.  I'm an amateur photographer too - so enjoy these types of events.  Outlook so so useful to organise all these things.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sounds to me like the obvious answer is to hold a Farnborough Airshow/MoDaCo event, that way I can roll out of bed five mins before the event too :(

as usual we'll have technical employees of both Orange and Microsoft

Why only Orange?

Many of us have left Orange for other companies (mostly T-Mobile I suspect. Much better tarrifs, and hopefully even better to come in April)

Why only Orange?

Many of us have left Orange for other companies (mostly T-Mobile I suspect. Much better tarrifs, and hopefully even better to come in April)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Now THERE'S a good point...

When these meets, and this forum, first started, Orange WERE the SmartPhone Network.

Looking at what the likes of T-Mobile have out now, Windows Mobile devices wise, they are up there with Orange, if not beyond.

So can Paul or Mono etc, not try and contact other network PR departments, explain the situation to them, and see if they want to send someone along too?

I liked the Birmingham venue... it'd be nice to do it there again but fill the room next door too ;)

P

Both myself and Paul have attempted to, with little success unfortunately!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Do you have any existing contacts within T-Mobile, or are you speaking to their PR team/trying to find a contact?

I don't have any contacts within T-Mobile...

...I might know a couple of people...want me to look into it???

Cheers

Nick