WM5torage

Guest Ingvarr

Guest yurykk

Thanks to Ingvarr for that great tool, but unfortunatelly it's not working on latest ROM's of ETen M600.

Any chance to fix it ?

Looks like it's incompatiable with new sc2440usbfn.dll used by ETen.

More information can be found here

Guest greasyp

Ingvarr,

Please, please can we have the source code? Obviously if I get it working on OS X I'll give you the modified sources, I just want to help out since you don't have an Apple yourself. I really want this to work on my Powerbook! I have a lot of experience with both Pocket PC and USB programming, so please don't think this is just an idle request, I really think I can help.

Guest Ingvarr
Thanks to Ingvarr for that great tool, but unfortunatelly it's not working on latest ROM's of ETen M600.

Any chance to fix it ?

Looks like it's incompatiable with new sc2440usbfn.dll used by ETen.

More information can be found here

Try 1.3x version. For example, from here http://www.freewareppc.com/communication/wm5torage.shtml

Write if it will work for you or not.

Iam very sorry, but I absolutely can not disclose the source code at this time.

So for incompatible PDAs/smartphones the most realistic option is to hope that their manufacturers will bring USB Function hardware drivers in the strict standard compliance. Or maybe I will get direct access to them eventually.

As for Mac OS problem - I maybe can get access to iMac, do you know is the same problem manifesting there?

Edited by Ingvarr

Guest leethacker
As for Mac OS problem - I maybe can get access to iMac, do you know is the same problem manifesting there?
IMHO the problem is there on every Computer running Mac OS X.

Guest Ingvarr

Ok seem that I see the problem.

For some reason HTC (built-in) USB driver is much more choosy on data sent from non-Microsoft OSes - it often aborts transfers prematurely and all rest of data it gives out just seem to be total garbage.

Once again, situation not exactly under my control, I will try to solve it, but no warranty it will work.

Edited by Ingvarr

Guest yurykk
Try 1.3x version. For example, from here http://www.freewareppc.com/communication/wm5torage.shtml

Write if it will work for you or not.

Hi Igor,

They have link to the latest 1.53 version, please let me know where I can try 1.3

Will it help if I will submit you both dlls ?

Or maybe you can build "debug" version, I will install it on my device and will send you

produced debug / dump.....

Regards,

Yuri

Guest ninjaw

Hey guys my girlfriend own imac+OS9 this piece of s*** refuses WMstorage but also IpodNano even cracked with excellent Rockbox rom.

Well guess what ? i found a way to fix this, and even TRANSFER DIRECTLY FROM SPV TO IPOD on a imac that sucks hell

How ? well i just booted on the brand new Geexbox 1.0 Live Linux PPC CD

What the hell ? the thing allow to start on linux with a minimal interface there is hidden copy command like Destination, Copy, and R+O to delete

CONCLUSION => wmstorage dont work just because of macos9 that sucks like hell

REMEMBER => latest OSX got better USB2

Guest Ingvarr

I dont think that it because of "macos sucks".

Primary problem is that mobile hardware manufacturers test their USB drivers with Windows and with ActiveSync protocol only. When I've tried to properly use them with USB Mass Storage protocol (that is a lot more complex), a lot of bugs surfaced, and it didnt worked at all. But I can not recompile and fix bugs in drivers that built in the ROM!

Thats why I had to make some tricks at least to make it somehow (often in very wierd ways) to work.

Thats why WM5torage is not strictly USB Mass Storage Standard-compliant.

Thats why it's does not work with some devices and with some OSes. Because it does not implement USB Mass Storage protocol 100% properly. But, as I wrote, no way to do it unless HTC and other manufacturers will start to produce quality drivers for USB hardware and test it with whole spectrum of protocols and OSes and not with only ActiveSync and Windows.

ETEN is also a classic example - they "fixed a USB driver to make ActiveSync better", and further reduced standard compliance and compatibility in process (but they cared only for ActiveSync connection and didnt care about WM5torage, so it was good in their opinion).

Edited by Ingvarr

Guest Ingvarr

Just stumbled on possible solution for Eten M600 users.

Try changing in the registry

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\BuiltIn\SC2440USBFN]

"Dll"="sc2440usbfn_new.dll" -> "Dll"="sc2440usbfn.dll"

And reboot.

Looks like that _new driver is one that giving problems but you may be able to switch it back to "old" one.

Guest toblo
Just stumbled on possible solution for Eten M600 users.

Try changing in the registry

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\BuiltIn\SC2440USBFN]

"Dll"="sc2440usbfn_new.dll" -> "Dll"="sc2440usbfn.dll"

And reboot.

Looks like that _new driver is one that giving problems but you may be able to switch it back to "old" one.

Unfortunately, it only works on pre 225 ROM. :)

Guest chrisbpr

when i installed this on my vario it worked fine but i have tried to install it on my sp5 & i get the message that it couldn't install because i have insufficient system permissions....any ideas anyone.

Guest jm012a9749
when i installed this on my vario it worked fine but i have tried to install it on my sp5 & i get the message that it couldn't install because i have insufficient system permissions....any ideas anyone.

probably need to properly application unlock your phone....

using a signed registry editor change the following values:

HKLM\Security\Policies\Policies\00001001 = 1

HKLM\Security\Policies\Policies\00001005 = 40

then run sda unlock on your pc while your phone is connected (see attached file)

then try again :)

Phil

SDA_ApplicationUnlock.exe

• 2 weeks later...
Guest 2pac_4_Life
Welcome to the forum, ut unless I'm mistaken I believe the xphone II runs WM2003 SE see http://www.seeo2.com/product/XphoneII/temp...IProductInfo.vm

This is for WM5 cevices only, sorry!

Hi there, Thanks for your answer. Is there any other software that can transfer large files as i can only transfer up to 60 mb to my mini sd card using activesync and getting a card reader would be a good idea because of the stupid design of the xphone (having to remove the battery and waitng for phone to load again is a pain). Any help would be appreciated

Guest Confucious

unfortunatly not - until wm5storage came out for wm5 devices our only option was AS or a card reader - wih Wm2003 they are still your only options.

A card reader mey be a pain but it is a lot faster and you probably don't transfer large files that often, that is the way to go.

Good luck.

Hi all,

I'm a happy user of WM5torage 1.45, but still have a few questions.

1) did somebody manage to boot from the USB MSD? (will it ever be possible?)

2) why does it only gets 1/3 of the speed usb 1.1 can achive? is it cpu-limit, can it still be improved? where can I find source?

3) does the led-functions slow down data-transfers?

tnx

Guest dzaster

Does this app work with Cingular 8125. I could not even get the app to install. After I copy the file to the specified folder I locate it and click on it. It does nothing but open up my TotalCommander application. Prolly has something to do with the association zip file.

If this has workied with such phones as the one I specified above can you give a somewhat detailed but brief description of how to install. I even added the registry and still nothing. Thanks

Guest Ingvarr
Hi all,

I'm a happy user of WM5torage 1.45, but still have a few questions.

1) did somebody manage to boot from the USB MSD? (will it ever be possible?)

2) why does it only gets 1/3 of the speed usb 1.1 can achive? is it cpu-limit, can it still be improved? where can I find source?

3) does the led-functions slow down data-transfers?

tnx

1) It should be possible in the next version. Current version isnt compliant with Bootability Specification yet.

2) It manages all speed that the built-in USB hardware and its driver allow. To improve it, you will need to improve USB chip driver (and maybe USB chip), and this is hardly possible.

3) They do not slow anything. They run on separate process with lowest priority and on free CPU cycles, if CPU will become overloaded, LEDs will automatically stop blinking, to prevent any slowdowns.

Edited by Ingvarr

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.