WM5torage

Guest Ingvarr

Guest Ingvarr

Actually in that case, software design.

With correctly and fully implemented USB driver it would work.

But, there are no source code for these drivers, not to mention OMAP 750/850 have extremly closed specs, and even if it havent, I could'nt just write drivers in my free time :)

The most realistic solution is transferring usbfn.dll from some similar hardware where WM5torage works (mpx200?), though that depends on wheither you will be able to extract usbfn.dll from MPX200 WM5 ROM (is dll not relocation-stripped).

Edited by Ingvarr

Guest dborello

Hello Ingvarr,

I have tried this last version 1.7 on my HTC Tytn but it does not work.

The PC initially finds the usb disk but then from operation error.

Also other friends have tried on their HTC Tytn and he does not work. Thanks for your engagement.

Guest Ingvarr

I know that.

Thank Samsung or HTC for "wonderful" driver programmers they have :)

Sometimes it looks almost like they are doing it intentionally ;)

Guest deadphill

Hi Ingvarr

At the risk of sounding cheeky, does that mean given enough time, and possibly beers, that there could be soon a version for the Tytn?

Great program by the way. Cant thank you enough for it.

Cheers

Phill

Guest Ingvarr

I woudnt hold my breath on it.

There are Samsungs in ETENs too and they always had problems with WM5torage, and stopped working at all with "newest" updates (Samsung/ETEN firmware updates, not WM5torage updates).

I can not fix drivers they put in the firmware. Especially when they keep "improving" them in way that breaks compatibility and standard compliance.

Maybe if I will get a Hermes in some time... But currently I dont want it as much as I did, say, a month ago.

Edited by Ingvarr

Guest craftomaniac

Whoa! This looks great! I tried to install on Acer n311 (wm5) and it did install, but it didnt work.

The program was error free, but my computer refused to recognize it.

It would say 'Found new hardware' then 'WM5 Storage Device' then 'A problem occured during installation. Your hardware might not work properly'. The drive didn't appear.

I checked up device manager and found the USB Mass Storage driver with an error(Code 10: The device cannot start) so I troubleshooted it and it said re-install driver. I did just that but it still didnt work.

Just to be sure, I plucked the cable out and inserted a random thumbdrive. It worked and the error disappeared.

WHAT'S WRONG?

Help!

Guest konker
Actually in that case, software design.

With correctly and fully implemented USB driver it would work.

But, there are no source code for these drivers, not to mention OMAP 750/850 have extremly closed specs, and even if it havent, I could'nt just write drivers in my free time :)

The most realistic solution is transferring usbfn.dll from some similar hardware where WM5torage works (mpx200?), though that depends on wheither you will be able to extract usbfn.dll from MPX200 WM5 ROM (is dll not relocation-stripped).

Hi Ingvarr!

I've not been following your development for a while but now, my interest is sparked again.

I'm running WM5 on my MPx200.

Does your latest release support exporting the SD card of WM5 on MPx200...since part of the OS runs off the SD card.

Please provide me with a clear indication to proceed ahead to try.

Regards!

;)

Guest Ingvarr

Actually, it supported MPX200+WM5 card export since first version.

But there is a limitation. You will need to reboot phone to deactivate it ;)

Since, as you rightfully noted, it will dismount the SD card with OS on it :)

Edited by Ingvarr

Guest konker
Actually, it supported MPX200+WM5 card export since first version.

But there is a limitation. You will need to reboot phone to deactivate it ;)

Since, as you rightfully noted, it will dismount the SD card with OS on it :)

Am concerned about "unmounted" SD card cos the OS will freeze...rendering the phone useless during that point of time.

Which might also mean any attempt by the system to right data to the SD card or create entries to the registry may eventually corrupt the whole system. :D

I've already had to reinstall from scratch 2-3 times from failed installations of some apps resulting in corrupted registry.

Now, I backup the whole SD card (with :Unhidden" hidden files) to avoid that scenario. :(

What do you think?

Guest Unic0der

Now that i see that its also possible for WM5torage to export other things than the SD Memory card via USB cable i wonder if it is possible for ya to program something that allows us the export the "My Documents" in the internal memory of the phone. Now that would be damn cool if that would be possible. :)

Guest Yann_H

Hello,

This software looks very nice, But When I try to install it on my SPV M600 it tell my that the installation fail...

Can someone help me please?

Guest Twilight.Cruiser
Hello,

This software looks very nice, But When I try to install it on my SPV M600 it tell my that the installation fail...

Can someone help me please?

You've to unlock your smartphone. Search this thread or simply follow the link at the end of Unic0der's post (right above yours).

Guest Ingvarr
Am concerned about "unmounted" SD card cos the OS will freeze...rendering the phone useless during that point of time.

Which might also mean any attempt by the system to right data to the SD card or create entries to the registry may eventually corrupt the whole system. :)

I've already had to reinstall from scratch 2-3 times from failed installations of some apps resulting in corrupted registry.

Now, I backup the whole SD card (with :Unhidden" hidden files) to avoid that scenario. ;)

What do you think?

All I know is that a lot of people use it with MPX200, though with glitches, dunno how severe.

Guest Ingvarr
Now that i see that its also possible for WM5torage to export other things than the SD Memory card via USB cable i wonder if it is possible for ya to program something that allows us the export the "My Documents" in the internal memory of the phone. Now that would be damn cool if that would be possible. :)

Unfortunately, PC Windows will not understand this filesystem - its not FAT nor NTFS, its special "BINFS" or "DOC" filesystems that only Windows Mobile can actually access.

It can be exported now (usually its TrueFFS device or something other, else then SD Card/DSK1), hovewer all you will see is disk with several "unrecognized" partitions (and you better not try to modify/delete them, or you will need to reflash at best).

Also due to need to dismount this device for smartphone, if you will dismount main("My Documents") disk, Windows Mobile will become glitchy - it will work unless you do anythin, but you will need to reboot phone to actually deactivate it.

Edited by Ingvarr

Guest Paul (MVP)

I think we should all chip in, say, a fiver each (by PayPal) to buy Ingvarr a Hermes, so he can support it in WM5torage.

After all, i'd probably pay 5 quid for this application!

It'd only need 70 of us to contribute and raise 350 quid for an eBay M3100, and this thread has had over 100,000 views!

Thoughts?

P

Guest The Doctor
I think we should all chip in, say, a fiver each (by PayPal) to buy Ingvarr a Hermes, so he can support it in WM5torage.

After all, i'd probably pay 5 quid for this application!

It'd only need 70 of us to contribute and raise 350 quid for an eBay M3100, and this thread has had over 100,000 views!

Thoughts?

P

happily pay a fiver :)

Phil

Guest Confucious

I would hapilly donate a fiver even thouhgh I've no interest in the Hermes. I tghing ingvgarr deserves it for the work he's done so far.

The problem, as he points out, is if people donate for the purpose of getting him to do something, if he can't do it they will be upset.

Guest Ingvarr

No wonder, this encryption software must do own filesystem that Windows will not understand.

And anyway, direct export of it will kinda be a security hole :D

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.