WM5torage

Guest Ingvarr

Guest Ingvarr

If you dont disable ActiveSync, what exactly happens with latest version on Wizard?

Because on Tornado it normally disconnects ActiveSync and switches to mass storage.

Edited by Ingvarr

Guest spludge

Works fine with iMate Jasjar. Just have to replug the cable if it was previously synced with ActiveSync to get the PC to detect the USB Mass Storage Device.

Guest dddrko

I was wrong ;) 'cose I had to do it with Softick's CardExport. Now there's two tumbs up for you!

If you dont disable ActiveSync, what exactly happens with latest version on Wizard?

Because on Tornado it normally disconnects ActiveSync and switches to mass storage.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Guest yian-yian

This is definitively the tool everybody was looking for. However, before install it on my Smartphone QTEK, can you confirm that it can be used in parallel with ActiveSynch ? Because, I am using ActiveSynch with my main computer for full synchronisation. This new tool would be for using on a second computer where I just need this memory card access feature... So, I need both on my smartphone.

Thxs for this clarification.

Rgds

Guest skjelnes
it works perfectly on my O2 XDA min S (HTC WIZARD) good job!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It does work on my Qtek 9100 too! I forgot to softrest after installing it the first time.

I do not have to disabel ActiveSync.

Edited by skjelnes

Guest ronswens

Looks like owners of Typhoon/Feeler smartphones with WM5 installed have the same problem. XP adds the USB Mass Storage as a device but can't assign a disk letter to it. WinHex sees the device as a Physical Media named "Hard disk 2" but doesn't see as a Logical Drive. It also can't read anything from the device returning I/O error. Any suggestions?

Guest xusso

Tested it on my MPX200 with WM5.

It runs great, the only problem is when I try to return to the Smartphone homescreen or even deactivate the utility, it doesn't work and I eventualy have to do a softreset.

Any answers?

I think it's because on MPX200 the SD card is considered the main memory (on Resco explorer thers's no card inserted)

TIA for the help!

Guest lspatricio
Installed it on my Qtek 9100 Pocket PC just to see if it worked.

I get the error "Cant Switch to Mass Storage USB driver, error 1f".

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i got this same message after installing. but a soft reset did the trick and it worked! Good job! ;)

(Tested on XDA2s with WM5)

Edited by lspatricio

Guest donZe
Tested it on my MPX200 with WM5.

It runs great, the only problem is when I try to return to the Smartphone homescreen or even deactivate the utility, it doesn't work and I eventualy have to do a softreset.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The same with my mpx200. works perfectly but there is just no way to quit the program - no buttons are active.

Still I love it - using my mobile as a mass storage device...

Guest leethacker
I get error 57 on my sp5m also?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Create the following registry key, restart the phone, and it will work:

to "HKLM\Security\Policies\Policies" add new value "0000101b": dword = 1

Guest sas90850

Work fine on HTC Prophet. One more thing, during the file transfer process, don't turn off the PDA otherwise the process will stop. As a result, you need to turn off any power time out setting. Also, during the file transfer process, the PDA cannot read the storage card.

Guest PPCPassion
Hmm, really good app, but after a first test it seems very slow to copy files to the storage card .. I'm not sure, but I think that transfer via ActiveSync is faster .. to bad .. I thought this would be faster ..

/E

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I could be totally wrong but I guess it emulates USB 1.x rather than faster 2.x version that's why transfer is slow (I think), nevertheless, it's a great program with lot of potential for further development.

Thanks

Guest Ingvarr

Mass storage driver disables the in-smartphone card access when it activated on purpose.

USB interface works with flash card on very low level. So if you'll try to do it simultaneously with smartphone, it can lead to file system corruption, as smartphone and USB mass storage will attempt to write over same data - its like using one disk simultaneously connected to diff computers (rough analogy).

Thats why it dismounts the flash card when it activates - making it "disappear" for smartphone apps, so they won't interfere with process.

Since MPX 200 "unofficial" WM5 upgrade stores part of OS on flash card, dismounting it can lead to part of OS becoming unusable - that would cause problems. Or it can fail to dismount, therefore leading to problem outlined above with simultaneous write.

Therefore use it on MPX 200 and any other "unofficial" upgrades for other phones that store part of OS on storage card with extreme caution and discretion. Because card data corruption is likely to happen. Rule of thumb - if phone cant work without storage card, its wrong.

Guest PPCPassion
This is definitively the tool everybody was looking for. However, before install it on my Smartphone QTEK, can you confirm that it can be used in parallel with ActiveSynch ? Because, I am using ActiveSynch with my main computer for full synchronisation. This new tool would be for using on a second computer where I just need this memory card access feature... So, I need both on my smartphone.

Thxs for this clarification.

Rgds

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yian-Yian: Unless you hit the activate button (soft key) you will not see any difference meaning you will be connected via active syn like you normally do, once you activate program, active syn shuts down and now you see your phone as storage device. To go back to active sync, press deactivate. Hope this helps.

Guest Ingvarr
Work fine on HTC Prophet. One more thing, during the file transfer process, don't turn off the PDA otherwise the process will stop. As a result, you need to turn off any power time out setting.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hmm I thought PDA would not turn off while charging from USB?

But I think I can add "keep the power on" option.

Guest merwin

This does not work for those who store their Messaging/Attachments/PIE Cache on their storage card. Once it dismounts the storage card, WM5 creates a folder named 'Storage Card' on the internal storage and when you remount the real storage card, it gets mounted as "Storage Card2"

Try it with latest version. Note which error will popup if youll try to activate it with activesync on. Maybe Ill be able to fix that.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Currently I'm using version 1.21, if I try to activate WM5torage when Activesync has already been launched (i.e. the first time you sync the PPC with PC via USB cable) the software pops "Cant switch to Mass Storage USB driver, error 1f" (same msg of previous version). To recover from this situation the only solution is to soft reset the PPC.

If you would like to add more diagnostic info I'll be glad to test it for you on my QTek 9000.

Marco.

Guest Jef34

Thanks a lot for this software.

EXCELLENT APPLICATION !!

Do you have a Paypal account ? I won't give you much but you deserve it.

Edited by Jef34

Guest cold_fire
Thanks a lot for this software.

EXCELLENT APPLICATION !!

Do you have a Paypal account ? I won't give you much but you deserve it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It does not work here .i get error 57 ,my device has Security disabled ,from the specific imei application recieved from spv developers .I cannot use a registry editor either as it is not digitally signed.I have the Orange UK AKU2 ROM .So what is there to do? :oops:

Guest sttan

Wonderful program, v handy when I'm transfering files to someone else and they don't have a card reader! Don't suppose it's possible to alter the program to export the main file system? As I currently don't have any easy way to access these files from linux.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.