WM5torage

Guest Ingvarr

Guest edandersen

Works an absolute chuffing treat on a WM5 iMate SP5. A stunning piece of software, a donation is on the way.

Why on earth wasn't something this useful incorporated into WM5 itself?

Guest thunderdog

Great! Awesome! Brilliant!

Ok first time it gave me an error - so I reset my device twice. then activated BEFORE connecting to the computer - and voila it works perfectly. GREAT WORK.

I'm on a ppc-6700

Guest destam

Dear Ingvarr,

It is great work ! I can use it with my O2 Atom (chinese version) with Win XP computer. But I can't connect my Atom to my office computer which is using Win 98SE (Chinese version). My office computer can find the device as Window Mobile device but need to install the driver to install. I have asked O2 company but they can't offer any driver for Win98SE. Pls check what else I can do to connect my Atom to Win 98SE system ? Do you have any drivers for such connection. I am now using version 1.30. Should I upgrade to 1.45 ?

Best Regards,

Destam

You dont have to do anything "special" on PPC side... It either works or not ;)

Can you try it with Windows XP host? That way I will at least know is the culpit the host OS or HTC Apache mobile platform.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Guest dddrko

Qtec 9100 (HTC Wizard),

rom version 2.17.7.2,

Kingston MiniSD 512MB,

WM5torage v1.45 as Removable class:

copy to card (440-500kb/s), copy from card (700kb/s).

Guest Ingvarr

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hehe, agree. It would, if it was up to me :P

Actually, MS did pretty big job in preparing the WM5 OS for support for extensible USB protocols, and the even *started* to do an actual driver for Mass Storage - but looks like they just left it in unfinished/untested state (very unfinished I must say) and they didnt wrote an application to actually activate/use it. They "left it to hardware devevelopers to finish", and, of course, hardware devs have a lot of more important stuff to do instead of finishing unfinished software piece.

So you may say I've just finished the job ;) Threw in couple of things to make it faster, too, though ;)

Guest dddrko
Works an absolute chuffing treat on a WM5 iMate SP5. A stunning piece of software, a donation is on the way.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

ms doesn't want you to attach you're phone on computer running macos or linux, thats why :twisted:

Guest Ingvarr

Uploaded 1.46

Restored back functionality of saving previous ActiveSync driver (ie returning back to "Serial", if you use it). Shouldnt cause probs this time.

Guest pdaclub

Hello

I have a Qtek 9000 (latest Jasjars bios) and The Wm5torage v 1.45. This ver. WM5Torage (1.45) working correctly, but problem is on with switch activate/deactivate USB Mass Storage Driver. On my PC with WinXP Sp2 - display monit to "New Hardware Found" - "Not recognized USB Device". Anytime on switching. Only replug the USB cable resolved problem. But if I now swich activate/deactivate button - i have new message "New Hardware Found" - "Not recognized USB Device".

This problem is not resolved. I problem not allowed in version < 1.3

WM5Torage.

Guest Myster3000

And it doesn't work on my E-TEN M600 (Windows Mobile 5.01, 1GB Transcend, Windows XP SP2, on SP1 doesn't work too).

It always writes "USB Mass Storage found" and after then "your new hardware might not work properly".

Please help. Thanks!

Guest Ingvarr
And it doesn't work on my E-TEN M600 (Windows Mobile 5.01, 1GB Transcend, Windows XP SP2, on SP1 doesn't work too).

It always writes "USB Mass Storage found" and after then "your new hardware might not work properly".

Please help. Thanks!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Have 1.3x worked for you? Also, try not to activate it while attached. Try to disconnect cable, activate it, and then connect cable.

Edited by Ingvarr

Guest Myster3000
Have 1.3x worked for you? Also, try not to activate it while attached. Try to disconnect cable, activate it, and then connect cable.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Where can I get 1.3x? I tried to do those things with the cable - nothing helped.

Guest angryzes

I am using wm 5.0 device FSC C550, it connects fine but after few actions ( cd or dir ) storage device hangs for desktop computer and it says "The specified I/O operation \Device\Harddisk1\DR11 was not completed before time-out period expired.

Guest Ingvarr
Found New Hardware

"Windows Mobile Device"

"USB Mass Storage Device"

"A problem occured during hardware installation.

Your new hardware might not work properly.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Dunno what the case then... I know some people used old versions with M600 successfully.

Maybe try to uncheck "removable class", dunno if it can help, but worth trying.

Guest dddrko

I had "A problem occured during hardware installation. Your new hardware might not work properly." with Softick CardExport, never with wm5torage. Problem there was solved when checked "Use dumb endpoint". I don't know what it is, but may be something with USB charging (?) If this is the problem it may be solved with registry fix: "HKLM\Drivers\BuiltIn\usbfndrv\EnableUsbCharging" change to "0".

Guest Ingvarr

nah, "Your new hardware might not work properly" is just a general indication that something in usb protocol (data transfer, sequencing, etc) is not right. but its impossible to deduce, what exactly is wrong just from this common message.

Guest eole73

Hello,

I have installed card cache on my qtek 8300 (imate aku2 rom) to have pocket ie cache and cookies stored on my storage card.

When I deactivate wm5storage I am not able to run internet explorer again until I reboot.

Thanks.

Guest angryzes

Just tried to format card I use ( kingston elite pro 1gb 50x ), still having same problem. It connects, it sees files, even could copy one file from device to computer but then hangs until next activation/deactivation. Any ideas ? ( I use v 1.46 )

Guest Ingvarr
Hello,

I have installed card cache on my qtek 8300 (imate aku2 rom) to have pocket ie cache and cookies stored on my storage card.

When I deactivate wm5storage I am not able to run internet explorer again until I reboot.

Thanks.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Either dont use CardCache, or make sure that IE not running before you activate Mass Storage (ie stop it with Task Manager).

Guest Ingvarr
Just tried to format card I use ( kingston elite pro 1gb 50x ), still having same problem. It connects, it sees files, even could copy one file from device to computer but then hangs until next activation/deactivation. Any ideas ? ( I use v 1.46 )

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Try some from 1.3x.

Guest angryzes
Try some from 1.3x.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Same story and for v.1.3 and for v.1.34 ... works but hangs after few actions.

Again my device is Fujitsu-Siemens Pocket LOOX C550, memory card is Kingston x50 elite pro, os is win xp sp2

edit:

as of pocket itself - it does not hangs, hangs only upload or download or any other action on PC. Also tested it under linux. It was found as /dev/sdc1, I mounted it, started transfer and then it hanged too. So, I do not think that it is problem of host OS.

edit #2:

It appears that for v. 1.34 there is no problem with read operations. Only write operations hanging device. For example file upload or mkdir.

For write operations windows complains "Delayed write failed"

edit #3:

Versions v.1.43 and v.1.35 does not working at all

Edited by angryzes

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.