DontForget (Missed SMS,MMS,Call reminder)

Guest hujer
I'm having the following problem : I cannot select, through the admin program, to set vibration and LED flashing. When I press the selection key, the value flahes slightly and nothing happens.

I'm sorry for that, your device is using non-QVGA display and I have no device with such "mode" - thus just an emulator is using for tests etc. And I found there is a bug in the Admin part - concerned non-QVGA devices only which causes your problem. It will be corrected in the next release. Till then you can switch the option on via registry hack only. If you want you can manually set following values to 1:

- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SoftImage\DontForget\LEDalert = 1

- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SoftImage\DontForget\Vibration = 1

where 0 means disabled, 1 means enabled

Appologize.

Guest hujer

New version 1.12 released !

What's new in brief:

- bug causing permanent vibration, when vibration is enabled in Admin, already fixed

- an option "0 (Off)" in setting "Repeat interval" is now fully functional

- LED alert (if enabled) is activated immediately after some event is detected (in max. 30 seconds)

- possibility to show state icon on the tray added.

- added a possibility to deactivate (suspend) DontForget automaticaly when the phone is in the Flight-mode

Notification is activated automaticaly when the phone is back from the Flight-mode.

More info and download at:

DontForget Download page

Bye, Hujer

Edited by hujer

Guest jasnewt

I see that non-QVGA devices are supported. Does this mean that WM2003 is supported as I don't think there are any WM2005 non-QVGA devices?

Has anyone installed on a WM2003 or WM2003SE device, and if so, does it work OK? This program would be very useful for my Orange C550.

Jason.

Guest hujer

Of course there are non-qvga devices with wm2005 e.g. upgraded Motorola mpx-220 etc.

Wm2003 is currently not supported due to very different registry entries.

Guest jasnewt
Of course there are non-qvga devices with wm2005 e.g. upgraded Motorola mpx-220 etc.

Wm2003 is currently not supported due to very different registry entries.

I was thinking of official WM2005 non-QVGA devices. I was forgetting that there are unofficial upgrades available.

So is WM2003SE something you intend to support? Good work with the program so far!

Jason.

Guest galatis
I'm sorry for that, your device is using non-QVGA display and I have no device with such "mode" - thus just an emulator is using for tests etc. And I found there is a bug in the Admin part - concerned non-QVGA devices only which causes your problem. It will be corrected in the next release. Till then you can switch the option on via registry hack only. If you want you can manually set following values to 1:

- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SoftImage\DontForget\LEDalert = 1

- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SoftImage\DontForget\Vibration = 1

where 0 means disabled, 1 means enabled

Appologize.

just installed latest version and works like a charm.

Thanks ! ;)

Guest michelemic
2. Please believe, I also want to make the flashing LED faster than once per second. But this is not possible due to hardware reasons and as I maybe already wrote - this cannot be changed, it is somehow "wired" in the ROM. The same is for other LEDs or colours. If someone has a trick how to do that give me note...

That's a very sad news.

At the same time, let's just theoretize a bit:

The purpose of your program (and LED usage in particular) is to draw attention of phone user to its device.

It can be achieved by various means.

As we know LED can be green or orange and it can be blinking or just on.

One idea that comes to my mind is - can you make it blinking intermittently green-orange-green-orange?

Another idea - if there is an event to make it be steady on (e.g., indication of full charge), could you switch this even on and off few times per second?

Third idea - could you employ both indicators (left and right) and let them blink somehow together (even if it is once per second such illumination should be quite conspicous)?

Sorry, hujer, for intruding into your program's logic but I'm just trying to come up with fresh ideas which could render this program even more useful than it is. :-)

Guest hujer
One idea that comes to my mind is - can you make it blinking intermittently green-orange-green-orange?
No, still the same problem, you cannot change the colour of the LED, orange is "reserved" for the device internally.

Another idea - if there is an event to make it be steady on (e.g., indication of full charge), could you switch this even on and off few times per second?

I thought about similar "hack" but it's again not possible (maybe it is, but i don't know how). And don't forget, the state "fully charged" is a result of charging which is also handled internally, wired in ROM etc.

Third idea - could you employ both indicators (left and right) and let them blink somehow together (even if it is once per second such illumination should be quite conspicous)?

No, still the same problem, you cannot change the behaviour of other LED(reserved for the device internally).

Only left-green LED can be adjusted.

There is a lot of applications which are using LED indicators for their purposes. But I never found just one app which uses e.g. other color, quicker blinking etc. Maybe because it's not possible ....

Sorry for that.

Guest ems275

The new ver. 1.12 looks great all set up in admin works well, test works too. Icon appears that app is running, but it doesn't do anything when messages or missed calls happen. I have everything on in the admin setup. Can't figuire out why the app won't perform. Motorola/Nextel i930 WM2003 Smartphone.

Any Help or ideas? I really need this app to work to have the most functional phone.

Thanks

Guest Widder
New version 1.12 released !

Hi Hujer, thank you for such a great application!

It works almost perfect but there is just one notification that I (we?) miss -> incoming mail warning. Since the Push-mail implementation in i-mate SP5 fw exist such reminder will be very usable for most of us.

Anyway, your program is really super! Thanks again!

Guest hujer
The new ver. 1.12 looks great all set up in admin works well, test works too. Icon appears that app is running, but it doesn't do anything when messages or missed calls happen. I have everything on in the admin setup. Can't figuire out why the app won't perform. Motorola/Nextel i930 WM2003 Smartphone...

Unfortunatelly, this because WM2003(SE) is currently not supported. As I wrote, it's mainly due to strong registry differencies between WM 2003/2005 where the system phone state is saved. And in addition I have no WM2003 enabled phone to test it. Thus on WM2003 Admin will work but the main program running in the backgroung and checking the phone's state will not. I would like to add WM2003 support but currently I'm a bit busy with different business and I don't know how anyway. I'm sorry for that. ;)

... there is just one notification that I (we?) miss -> incoming mail warning. Since the Push-mail implementation in i-mate SP5 fw exist such reminder will be very usable for most of us.

Yes, this shouldn't be a big problem, I will add this point to my todo list. But since I have no "push mail" in my FW currently I cannot test it so much. I also need some "overlook" how it is handled in the registry. If you want you can send me exported part of your registry (when some e-mail arrived). Strictly speaking it's the whole sub-brach of HKEY_CURRENT_USER\System\State key. Thanks for your support.

Edited by hujer

Guest hujer

New version 1.15 released !

According some voices here I implemented a feature for time suspend in this release.

What's new in brief:

- small bug when LED alert is active was fixed

- new possibility to suspend DontForget in certain time interval (e.g. during night).

Notification is deactivated automaticaly according your settings and again activated automaticaly when the interval elapses.

DontForget Download page

Bye, Hujer

Edited by hujer

Guest Widder
....I also need some "overlook" how it is handled in the registry. If you want you can send me exported part of your registry (when some e-mail arrived). Strictly speaking it's the whole sub-brach of HKEY_CURRENT_USER\System\State key. Thanks for your support.

Hi Radim,

I've sent the registry brunch to your mail: info@....

cheers

Guest hujer

New version 1.20 released !

What's new in brief:

- support for unread e-mail notification (applicable for common and so called Push-mail as well) added

- German and Russian localization added ( many thanks to "Widder" )

- small bugfixes

DontForget Download page

Bye, Hujer

Update:

Version 1.21 fixes the bug when the time for automatic deactivation is entered !

Edited by hujer

Guest ems275
Unfortunatelly, this because WM2003(SE) is currently not supported. As I wrote, it's mainly due to strong registry differencies between WM 2003/2005 where the system phone state is saved. And in addition I have no WM2003 enabled phone to test it. Thus on WM2003 Admin will work but the main program running in the backgroung and checking the phone's state will not. I would like to add WM2003 support but currently I'm a bit busy with different business and I don't know how anyway. I'm sorry for that. ;)

Yes, this shouldn't be a big problem, I will add this point to my todo list. But since I have no "push mail" in my FW currently I cannot test it so much. I also need some "overlook" how it is handled in the registry. If you want you can send me exported part of your registry (when some e-mail arrived). Strictly speaking it's the whole sub-brach of HKEY_CURRENT_USER\System\State key. Thanks for your support.

Well, if you want I will beta test a WM2003(SE) version for you, I would love to. If you need an export of my registry or anything else let me I am more than happy to help.

Thanks, if it's possible?

Guest hujer
Well, if you want I will beta test a WM2003(SE) version for you, I would love to. If you need an export of my registry or anything else let me I am more than happy to help.

Yes it is possible, but currently I'm not sure whether I will be working on this (supporting WM2003) at all. As I said, there is no system state info available in the registry like in WM2005 and currently I don't know how to check even missed call or unread SMS. The principle will probably be very different. And also: I have no WM2003 enabled device so testing something and exploring is very difficult for me. And finally I will be now very busy with other business and will have no much time for future DontForget development for few weeks. I'm sory for that.

Edited by hujer

Guest Pa9an

Hi,

I enjoy using DontForget for a while now as well. Great work!

What I am wondering, though: Would it be possible to get even more customization into that program?

What I am especially looking for is the possibility to change the background pic of the reminder screen (maybe you can make this a normal 240x266 size picture that one can overwrite with one's own choice?). Also, editable localization would be nice as well (here, maybe using txt files for that?).

What do you think?

Thanks!

Guest hujer
What I am especially looking for is the possibility to change the background pic of the reminder screen (maybe you can make this a normal 240x266 size picture that one can overwrite with one's own choice?).
This could be possible but don't forget there are also non-QVGA devices which have different display resolution. Also the text (using black color now) will "overwrite" the background picture a bit and it must be vissible (choosing dark blue background and using black text is not so good ;) )

Instead, I thought about an option to disable reminder screen at all, just sound,LED or vibration will remind you and no window will pop-up as now. And finally my plan is to have this window active, so you can select some "event" reported and you will be transferred to the appropriate application e.g. Call History Log etc.

Also, editable localization would be nice as well (here, maybe using txt files for that?).

Also possible, but currently I choose diffrent "screenplay" for localization, and of course using some simple text file is much more dangerous for program stability etc. But probably I will do something with that in the future.

Thanks for tips!

Guest Skeese

Instead of having "Don't forget of..." why not have something like "Don't forget you have...". It's more direct and addressing the user. ;)

Edited by Skeese

Guest cb2002

Sounds like a great program. Unfortunately I was unable to test it due to a little problem.

When I go to the admin screen, I do not see the strings in black such as "Remind Unread SMS" ... I do see the check box and strings in blue "Repeat intervals", "Sound to play". I tried different localization but still no string show up.

I am suspecting it has something to do with the way the program is handling the font and localization. I am using a Unicode font as the system font not the default one. Most other softwares work just fine with my current font setup, but not this one.

Any idea? Thanks a lot

Guest hujer

Font "handling" used in DontForget is usual Nina font, which should be installed on most devices. But maybe there are some devices with no Nina font installed or you just remove this font by yourself. But funny is that these blue strings e.g. "Repeat interval" you can see, are using the same font as checkboxes.

- Please try to install latest version again and try it again... (but select "Terminate Service" first !!)

- please send me exported registry branch HKCU\Software\SoftImage\DontForget

- you also can send a screen-capture to see it

- please tell me which device you are using incl. OS version and display resolution (QVGA ?)

Hujer

Edited by hujer

Guest cb2002

I finally figured it out. It was not a font issue but a color issue. The theme I was using was Vista_J from jdskins.com and I am guessing the strings showed up as white on white which made them invisible. I switched to the default color scheme and they showed up just fine ;) That was why the texts in blue were still visible.

Maybe you can specifically set the color to black in your software instead of using the system color?

Thanks a lot!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.