DontForget (Missed SMS,MMS,Call reminder)

Guest hujer
I finally figured it out. It was not a font issue but a color issue.... Maybe you can specifically set the color to black in your software instead of using the system color?

Yes, I will do it in the next release. I'm glad everything's fine now.

Guest guidud

I love your program and I would like to translate it in french. Is it possible ? How can I do it ?

THANK'S for your work ;)

Guest hujer
I love your program and I would like to translate it in french. Is it possible ? How can I do it ?

First, I'm glad you like it ;)

If you really want to help with translation I would suggest to wait a bit because I will change the "localization policy" soon. Currently all languages are "wired" into the app and cannot be changed(added) without recompiling the code. The next release will use different principle to allow users to add your native language simply - without any code-change.

So, please be patient, I will contact you when it becomes available, for French translation.

Regards

Hujer

Guest guidud
First, I'm glad you like it ;)

If you really want to help with translation I would suggest to wait a bit because I will change the "localization policy" soon. Currently all languages are "wired" into the app and cannot be changed(added) without recompiling the code. The next release will use different principle to allow users to add your native language simply - without any code-change.

So, please be patient, I will contact you when it becomes available, for French translation.

Regards

Hujer

;) It will be a pleasure :P

Guest woody_sud

Hi Hujer, sorry if I insist with this theme, I was thinking about way for your prog to detect missing call and sms, I reading this topic I think you have this service reading some values from the registry that have change depends of the state of the phone, so I was comparing the changes in my own registry phone with SP2003 but nothing change when I have missing call or unreaded sms, then I think that is the problem. The question is where the hell SP2003 save that info?

Sorry but my english is poor, I hope understand some...

Guest gemidriver

I have installed the latest version of the software. However in the admin settings, i have the check boxes and what not, but there is no writing next to them to tell me what they are for. Eg if it is SMS, MMS email etc.

Did something go wrong with the install?

Guest hujer
I have installed the latest version of the software. However in the admin settings, i have the check boxes and what not, but there is no writing next to them to tell me what they are for. Eg if it is SMS, MMS email etc.

Did something go wrong with the install?

Please look what user "cb2002" (above) wrote (incl. my answers). Maybe it's similar problem.

Give me a feedback if this will not help you solving the problem.

Guest hujer
...I was comparing the changes in my own registry phone with SP2003 but nothing change when I have missing call or unreaded sms, then I think that is the problem. The question is where the hell SP2003 save that info?...

Yes, as I already know that's the main problem. And as I expect, WM2003 doesn't store such "state" info to the registry like WM2005 does. Pity, pity and again pity. ;)

Guest gemidriver

Thanks Hujer,.

I changed my skin back to the original and it works, pity now i lost my nice vista background but not to worry.

Great program!!

Guest hujer

I will change (fix) it in the next release. DontForget will not use system-colors as now, but all colors will be strictly defined by the program to avoid this situation.

Edited by hujer

Guest hujer

I would like to fix some small bugs, but before that it's time to add two wanted languages into DontForget.

This is mainly intended for user OTHOCA who was prepared for Italian translation and user GUIDUD concerning French translation (as promised).

I decided to not change current principle of the localization (at least for now).

Attached you can find one XML file with currently used strings in several languages.

Additional infos you can find inside this file.

Please add your translation to this file (by adding new strings) and send it to my e-mail: radim(at)softimage(dot).cz

Please note:

- Edit as UTF-8 encoded text only !!! Use e.g. UltraEdit32 or similar editor to do translation.

- Please try to match the length of the english phrase as much as possible.

Thanks for your effort in advance and have a nice weekend

Hujer

DontForget.xml

Edited by hujer

Guest guidud
GUIDUD concerning French translation (as promised).

;) I've sent you the translation !

Waiting for the new version ;)

I actually love this program :P

Guest hujer
;) I feel impatient to see the new version ! what about it ???

Unfortunately, I have 2 reasons for this delay:

1 - I'm still waiting for Italian translation (your French traslation seems good except of a few strings and I will send you an e-mail with details soon)

2 - I have no time to do that, first I have to earn some money for my life ... :P

Please be patient.

BTW: what you are expecting from the newest version ?

Edited by hujer

Guest nausea

Cool app!

Its nice to see someone trying to provide a much needed solution to a common problem.

I too looked into creating such an app for WM 2002/2003 and had similar problems. Theres no 'clean' method provided in the API to do it. And as you noted, the missed calls/sms are not recorded in the registry.

Guest guidud
Unfortunately, I have 2 reasons for this delay:

1 - I'm still waiting for Italian translation (your French traslation seems good except of a few strings and I will send you an e-mail with details soon)

I steel be interested in translating your software ;)

waiting for your mail

2 - I have no time to do that, first I have to earn some money for my life ... ;)

;) I do understand this (same for all of us ;) )

Please be patient.

BTW: what you are expecting from the newest version ?

I'm expecting french translation ;)

And perhaps a skinnable alert screen ? (if it is possible)

I'll be patient. :P

Thanks a lot for your work :(

Guest hujer

New version 1.22 released !

What's new in brief:

- new language: French localization added (many thanks to "Guidud" for translation)

- color scheme changed : colours are no longer fixed (black text, white background) but are changed according to phone's setting and homescreen.

This should correct problems displaying texts when e.g. "Vista" homescreen is used etc.

- small internal improvements

More info and download at:

DontForget Download page

Bye

Edited by hujer

Guest hujer
I need this amazing software, but i have mpx220 with WM2003 SE, Can I run this software in my phone?

Unfortunately no, DontForget needs WM2005 running. You will be able to run Admin program and set everything but the main program which is listening for missed events will not work.

Consider an upgrade to WM2005 - I've heard there is a ROM update for mpx220 available.

Guest woody_sud
I've heard there is a ROM update for mpx220 available.

man! you make me jump out my chair, but unfortunatly is not true, no way to put wm2005 on the mpx220, .... still waiting for the miracle.

Guest migsoft_dev

WM2002/2003/2003SE version can be done, but it you agree it would be

shareware not freeware. All interested in starting betatest can join

here: www.smartphone.si/forum , there are more interesting projects

for betatesting. So ftware would also have an extra feature, it would beep with

predefined tone if network signal is lost and beep twice for example when

network sygnal is back.

Best Regards

smartphone.si Dev Team

Edited by migsoft_dev

Guest matthieul

Thanks for this proggy, works like a charm :)

I'm always using homescreens which resume unread mails/sms/mms and i don't need the dont forget screen to pop up when a new info arrives, so is there any way to set it to just play sound/vibration without the screen to come up ?

Maybe it's already possible, i installed it for 2 days only :)

Thanks anyway !

Guest hujer
I'm always using homescreens which resume unread mails/sms/mms and i don't need the dont forget screen to pop up when a new info arrives, so is there any way to set it to just play sound/vibration without the screen to come up ? Maybe it's already possible, i installed it for 2 days only :)

Unfortunately, this is not supported in current version, but I have this feature (enable/disable showing reminder window) on my ToDo list.

It means, this feature will be included in the next release.

Guest Watrat

Good evening,

Am very grateful for finding your program! I have installed and run the admin.exe file on my moto Q and it installed and vibrates and plays the trolley.wav sound at the specified times but I am not getting any LED flashing. I have it checked in my preferences. Am I missing something or will this not work on my phone? I noticed when I installed and ran the admin file it said it was for a previous version of windows mobile?

Thanks

Tom

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.