DontForget (Missed SMS,MMS,Call reminder)

Guest hujer

DontForget - Reminder for missed SMS, MMS, Call, E-mail etc.

df1.gifdf2.gif

File Submitter: Hujer

File Submitted: 4 Apr 2006

File Updated: 23 Nov 2006

File Category: Utilities - Phone Management

I've been looking for a very simple application to make me know I have a missed call or a missed sms, without having to take off my phone from my pocket, maybe playing a sound or vibrating.

I was searching for such application but finally I decided to write it by myself and created completely new application called: DontForget - an application which will notify you anytime you have unread SMS or MMS, missed incomming call or missed reminder etc. You can set and customize everything you want to be always informed.You will never forget about any call, sms, mms etc. with DontForget application.

System requirements

- Windows Mobile 2005 (Smartphone edition) operating system

- display with at least 176x220 resolution or QVGA resolution (320x240)

- .NET Compact Framework 1.1 installed (should already be present in all WM5 powered smartphones in their ROM)

More info and updates: href='http://blog.softimage.cz/?page_id=83

Download is available here

Edited by hujer

Guest othoca

i've copied the app with no probs and the admin side has done its work with no probs too. Now i've done a call and waiting to listen trolley.wav after 1 minute, but i've had the following error :

Exception

CheckforReminders(play)

impossibile caricare il tipo opennetcf.multimediaaudio.player dall'assembly opennecf.multimediaaudio

version=1

culture= neutral

publickeytoke = null

the form with the reminder appears saying me i've 1 missed call.

It seems to be an error correlated to play the wav file.

I've an imate sp5m win wm5 onboard and cf .net 2.0 framword installed and xbar3.1

Any idea?

Guest hujer
i've copied the app with no probs and the admin side has done its work with no probs too. Now i've done a call and waiting to listen trolley.wav after 1 minute, but i've had the following error :

Exception

CheckforReminders(play)

impossibile caricare il tipo opennetcf.multimediaaudio.player dall'assembly opennecf.multimediaaudio

version=1

culture= neutral

publickeytoke = null

the form with the reminder appears saying me i've 1 missed call.

It seems to be an error correlated to play the wav file.

I've an imate sp5m win wm5 onboard and cf .net 2.0 framword installed and xbar3.1

Any idea?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Please try something for me:

Run the Admin program and try re-play the sound using Menu->"Play Sound" option.

Give me a feedback whether the sound was played OK or the same Exception occured. Thanks.

Update:

Update to version 1.03 incl CAB-installer available

You can download it from http://blog.softimage.cz/?page_id=27

Please read update instruction carefully before update !

For user "othoca" and others having similar troubles:

Please give me a feedback whether the problem still persists in version 1.03.

Edited by hujer

Guest ems275

This prog looks great, any chance it can be adapted or a ver. for WM 2003. This is the one thing lacking and it would make my phone fully functional to my likeing. This would be great. Any Chance ;)

Guest czbird

how about future vibrations support? that would be nice... most of time I'm using Silent profile, no need for repetitive-sound alerts, though ;)

Guest czbird

how about future vibrations support? that would be nice... most of time I'm using Silent profile, no need for repetitive-sound alerts, though ;)

Guest hujer
This prog looks great, any chance it can be adapted or a ver. for WM 2003. This is the one thing lacking and it would make my phone fully functional to my likeing. This would be great. Any Chance  ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm trying currently to solve somehow out to make it running in non-QVGA (176x220) resolution. Since I have no WM2003 enabled device to test it's hard to say if there will be a version for this OS version. Maybe, I don't want to promise ...

Guest hujer

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes, vibration support (I mean automatic using of vibrations according the profile) is in the to-do list and will be implemented in future release - I hope very soon ...

Guest hujer

I would like to make this app running on WM2003. But I need a registry export of HKLM(i.e.. Current user): HKLM\System\State\

It means complete branch incl. subkeys etc.

But before the export make a call to you phone, sent a SMS to it and if possible set some reminder - which should be "missed".

I would like to compare registry entries between 2003 a 2005 version so that's why missed SMS and call should be done. Please export this into some reasonable format so I can read it.

Sent it to: [email protected]

Thanks to those, who wants to help make it running in WM2003 environment.

Hujer

Edited by hujer

Guest gpcarreon (MVP)
I would like to make this app running on WM2003. But I need a registry export of HKLM(i.e.. Current user): HKLM\System\State\

It means complete branch incl. subkeys etc.

But before the export make a call to you phone, sent a SMS to it and if possible set some reminder - which should be "missed".

I would like to compare registry entries between 2003 a 2005 version so that't why missed SMS and call should be done. Please export this into some reasonable format so I can read it.

Thanks to those, who wants to help make it running in WM2003 enviromnent.

Hujer

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi Hujer,

I want to help you with the registry thing but there is no 'HKLM\System\State\' on my device (C550, 2003SE OS). Kindly check image attachment:

post-12251-1144502399_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the effort making your app run on 2003 devices. ;)

Guest hujer
Hi Hujer,

I want to help you with the registry thing but there is no 'HKLM\System\State\' on my device (C550, 2003SE OS). Kindly check image attachment:

Thanks for the effort making your app run on 2003 devices.  ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm sorry should be HKCU i.e. under Current user node.

Guest othoca

sorry for my late, i've been out for work.

I've tested your last version (1.04). This is what has happened :

Now the wav file has played after 1 min has i said in the admin side of your app. It played 2 times then it stopped to play even if i left the phone without checking the lost call. So i tryed to open the admin.exe but it freezes and i could terminate it only through the taskmanager.

I shutted down the phone to try again but with the same result.

It seems that after it worked it freezes itself. Of course before install i deleted the previous version (the 1st one u made).

If u want, u can send me all the english phrase and i can give to u the italian translation of them. Tell me how!

Bye

Fabrizio

Guest hujer

I've tested your last version (1.04). This is what has happened :

Now the wav file has played after 1 min has i said in the admin side of your app. It played 2 times then it stopped to play even if i left the phone without checking the lost call. So i tryed to open the admin.exe but it freezes and i could terminate it only through the taskmanager.

If u want, u can send me all the english phrase and  i can give to u the italian translation of them. Tell me how!

Bye

Fabrizio

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Please, download the latest version a try to test it again according to these rules:

- test in the Admin only, just select trolley.wav as a sound and hit option "Test.." from the menu and select Test button there. Watch, whether the sound is played OK.

- if you will hear sound, wait until play stops and try again i.e. press Test right-button again an watch

- if the sound is played still OK (try several times) you can try to use main DontForget app

- please sent me a report after your tests

Concerning to translation: OK, if you are prepared to do this I will prepare some file with English phrases and you can translate it into Italian language. You will be "displayed" as a author of this translation inside DontForget.

Guest hujer

New version (1.10) now available:

Highlights:

- support for non-QVGA (176 x 220) resolution added

- added support for vibration

- added support for LED alert

Regards

Hujer

Edited by hujer

Guest ergit3000

I also beg for this excellent software for WM2003, since I bought my first mpx200, and now have mpx220 always want so bad a software like this! ;)

New version (1.10) now available:

Two my experiences and wishes with this excellent utility - ver. 1.10

Edited by janp

Guest hujer
When I leave the phone, after it notified missed issues, for longer time period

(It means approx. >30min. or more without touch - meanwhile, notifications are repeated)

than the phone is still vibrating incessantly! In this case, there is no possiblity to stop it or do anything – only restart the device.

Yes, I found this unwanted bahaviour and I'm working on a fix. New version will be released soon.

I'm sorry for inconveniences.

It would be nice and usable to have a possibility optionally to stop the program behaviour/notifying during night when I don’t want to be intruded.

Yes, my plan is to add a feature to optionaly "disable" DontForget when in the Flight-mode.

You also can use 0 timeout (Off) in the Admin's "Repeat interval" entry to switch the notification off, but this will be handled in the next release as well.

I'm not sure, you maybe want to have some possibility to set the time interval when DF is suspended, or ?

I'm not sure, you maybe want to have some possibility to set the time interval when DF is suspended, or ?

Yes, exactly

Edited by janp

Guest galatis

Hi Hujer,

nice app. I'm using it for a few days now.

I'm having the following problem : I cannot select, through the admin program, to set vibration and LED flashing. When I press the selection key, the value flahes slightly and nothing happens. (I have vibration enabled on my phone ring preferences).

The sound works OK. It reminds me at the specified intarval.

I can select - deselect other parameters (like SMS reminder, missed cal reminder etc.)

Seems very strange to me.

Am I missing to setup anything ?

Again, thanks for the nice app ;)

P.S. I'm using a Qtek 8100 (HTC Amadeus)

Guest michelemic

Dear Author,

I was excited by the idea of this program and immediately installed it onto my Qtek 8310.

Everyone has his own preferences - I would mostly stick to just LED indication.

But when I look at my Qtek with its screen off it is rather difficult to distinguish "quick" blinking from "normal" blinking.

Once per second or once per two seconds - both look very much alike.

My suggestion: could you make LED blinking frequency higher? Something like once per 0,3-0,5 sec?

In this case one short glance to the phone would be enough to notice - there is something.

Thank you in advance.

P.S.: And I strongly support the idea of Janp to implement a "silent window" at night hours when reminders will not be played (but for LED, maybe). :-)

Guest hujer

Ok, shortly to your questions and wishes:

1. In the next release the option "Off" for reminder period will be working so you can suspend DF if you want - temporarily. In addition there will be an option to suspend DF when the phone is in the "Flight-mode" automatically. Maybe I will add an option to set the time interval to suspend DF (as requested) - but this will not be covered in incomming version - probably later, due to time shortage. BTW: if you don't want to be intruded by a SMS etc. during a night, you can simply use and switch to "Flight-mode", you will save the energy and will have no problems with intruders ;) (this is my point of view, I'm using this frequently and my Qtek is never really off, just in the Flight mode.)

2. Please believe, I also want to make the flashing LED faster than once per second. But this is not possible due to hardware reasons and as I maybe already wrote - this cannot be changed, it is somehow "wired" in the ROM. The same is for other LEDs or colours. If someone has a trick how to do that give me note...

Edited by hujer

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.