PaulOBrien

MoDaCo m3 update this weekend

This weekend (commencing Saturday 15th April), MoDaCo will be undergoing an upgrade to the third incarnation of the MoDaCo.network base system, m3.

The upgrade, which will bring improved performance and a number of much requested features (multiple full content RSS feeds, improved topic read status management, improved email notifications, in place post editing, MoDaCo Blue / Mobiholics Green selectable skins, mobile access base infrastructure and much more), will impact usage of the current site for the changeover period.

While the update is taking place, MoDaCo will be switched to a 'read only' mode, meaning that no posts can be made. While 'read only' mode is active, any changes made to MoDaCo accounts or Private Messages sent / received will be lost.

I would like to apologise in advance for any inconvenience and thank everyone for their continuing support!

I will post a notification when the core of the upgrade is complete (at that time, posting will become available again), after which I envisage there will be a short period of refinement to get everything running smoothly.

;)

P

Giggidy!

Mobiholics looks and runs great on M3 at the moment, so Modaco will surely benefit from the upgrade! ;)

The upgrade ... will bring ... multiple full content RSS feeds

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yay!

Great job Paul & Co

Now I need to get around to finding a good RSS reader (any recommendations?)

I like the RSSBandit reader

Apart from its fantastic name, it really is rather good

looking forward to M3 ... bring it on

looeee

I'm supposed to be working in my proper job this weekend, but I will be

at hand if anyone has problems and can be contacted after the upgrade

when the pm system become live again.

Well, it's here!

A few more tweaks to make over the next few days, but everything should be pretty much up and running again now.

(MoDaCo Mobile still to be copied online!)

Check out 'MoDaCo Green': http://www.modaco.com/index.php?setskin=1&skinid=24

And back to 'MoDaCo Blue': http://www.modaco.com/index.php?setskin=1&skinid=24

;)

P

Having problems with internet explorer each link i click loads and then it crashes with the following message ( internet explorer cannot open the internet site http://www.modaco.com/index.php?act=post&d...5&p=732048&st=0. operation aborted ) only option is ok and the page dissapears , hit refresh and the page is back ;) plus my bunny is missing on the portal and as you see on the whole of modaco :P

Your avatar shows fine for me!

I was kinda hoping the 'Operation Aborted', which is suspect is a javascript conflict, would go away post-update.

Back to the drawing board on that one I guess! ;)

P

managed to get the bunny back but the gif does not work , he should dance in a white background , had the same problem on the old modaco but ash fixed it ;)

on a different matter , on the old modaco the new posts were shown in the forum menu in red but now its a darker blue which is not so easy to see,will the red return?

Looking great so far. I personally like the green. Is there an official list of changes somewhere?

Some Notes:

- Modules on the side of the portal are repeated again.

- Mobile version of forums look pretty good on the screen with no need for side scrolling. Any way to get a no-graphics version for the ultimate in speed? Is there any way to make the portal page not show the side modules so side scrolling is eliminated and it's easier to read?

- Mobile Version's HOME link send you to MOBIHOLICS inserad of MODACO.

Modules on the side of the portal are deliberately repeated.

The mobile version is an interesting question... do we go for with graphics optimised, no graphics like old Mobile MoDaCo, or a choice of both? I haven't mobilised the portal yet, and there is still some work to do on the Mobile version, but as you can see the hardest part - the underlying infrastructure - is there ;)

Cheers for the heads up on the home link, will fix that too :P

P

You mean once per topic until you next visit?

That would be a sensible idea, but I don't see the option.

I'll look into it...

P

The first moda board did it.

Sometimes I'm almost frightened to post because you end up being inundated with emails.

I know I can unsubscribe to the topics but that misses the point.

Having problems with internet explorer Every time I send a message it crashes with the following message The page cannot be displayed

The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to adjust your browser settings.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please try the following:

Click the Refresh button, or try again later.

If you typed the page address in the Address bar, make sure that it is spelled correctly.

To check your connection settings, click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options. On the Connections tab, click Settings. The settings should match those provided by your local area network (LAN) administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).

See if your Internet connection settings are being detected. You can set Microsoft Windows to examine your network and automatically discover network connection settings (if your network administrator has enabled this setting).

Click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options.

On the Connections tab, click LAN Settings.

Select Automatically detect settings, and then click OK.

Some sites require 128-bit connection security. Click the Help menu and then click About Internet Explorer to determine what strength security you have installed.

If you are trying to reach a secure site, make sure your Security settings can support it. Click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options. On the Advanced tab, scroll to the Security section and check settings for SSL 2.0, SSL 3.0, TLS 1.0, PCT 1.0.

Click the Back button to try another link.

Cannot find server or DNS Error

Internet Explorer

But every thing else is working Ok and I have notcied that even though I get the error message It still get to the Modaco Server and Post my messages up on the Fourm.

Many Thanks for any Information/Help.

Updated download system is online.

A few tweaks yet to be made to the look and function, but you get the idea ;)

P