Sat Nav on prophet.

Guest dwj

I've heard some reports of prophet proccessor being a bit slow for some applications. Anyone have copilot or tomtom working on prophet? Any reports?

Guest MJPMoc
I've heard some reports of prophet proccessor being a bit slow for some applications. Anyone have copilot or tomtom working on prophet? Any reports?

Tomtom 5.21 with the tomotm bluetooth GPS works fine for me !

the only issue i'm having is that it is taking 30 seconds to bootup (which it wasn't to begin with). Will probably hard reset my device this week and re-install to try and resolve the issue (find out what the conflict is). Most others seem to be reporting a 10 second ish boot time.

cheerio

Matt

Guest badlad

the only issue i'm having is that it is taking 30 seconds to bootup (which it wasn't to begin with). Will probably hard reset my device this week and re-install to try and resolve the issue (find out what the conflict is). Most others seem to be reporting a 10 second ish boot time.

cheerio

Matt

On my m600 tomtom just hangs at startup ... have never had it running yet ;)

cheerio

Matt

Yea i got the same problem ...Seems to take an age now for bootup which it didnt do before..If you find the cause post back

Cheers (Y)

Guest wardy
Yea i got the same problem ...Seems to take an age now for bootup which it didnt do before..If you find the cause post back

Cheers (Y)

This is the reason I quit using TomTom products on a PPC . They have compatability problems with the same hardware platform with a different ROM . Never had this issue with Copilot and they do the same thing. Get you from A-B in one go without fiding e, f, g and h on the way ;)

Guest ndiqbal
Im using TomTom 5.21 and have no problems at all, takes about 3-5 seconds to start but after that everything is fine.

What are you using?

Is it the SPV M600?

Guest MJPMoc

Cheers (Y)

Hi, no ive not found the solution yet....same here, if you find out the fix please post here... Can't belive someones got it running in 3-5 seconds....that would be nice ;)

Guest themugger
Hi, no ive not found the solution yet....same here, if you find out the fix please post here... Can't belive someones got it running in 3-5 seconds....that would be nice ;)

guys sorry, 3-5 seconds was a bit off lol :P . i only really used it a few times. Just tried a few times again and it after actually timing it, times are around 10 seconds!

Guest MJPMoc
guys sorry, 3-5 seconds was a bit off lol ;) . i only really used it a few times. Just tried a few times again and it after actually timing it, times are around 10 seconds!

ahhh.....anyway, mine used to be 10 seconds unfortunately now seems to be 30 or so :P nevermind....hopefully someone will find the cure. (and post here)

cheers

Guest spangelsaregreat
ahhh.....anyway, mine used to be 10 seconds unfortunately now seems to be 30 or so ;) nevermind....hopefully someone will find the cure. (and post here)

cheers

Hi,

Also using version 5.21 with my imate JAMin. Does take about 20 seconds to go from selecting in the Start Menu to the screen coming up. After that it runs fine with no problems. I make use of OMAP overclock to 240mhz as this cures some of the lag I was getting without it. I only use the overclock in Tom Tom. Certainly runs as well as it did on my JAM but hugely improved battery life.

Regards

Guest rsearley

I use TT5.21 without problem, start up is about 12 seconds, i think it take longer with larger maps and loads of poi's

if i disable poi's and install just a smaller map from (southern uk) from an older version of TT then i load much quicker

i have also noticed differances between what SD card i use, my older cards seem to be slower

• 2 weeks later...
Guest MJPMoc
I use TT5.21 without problem, start up is about 12 seconds, i think it take longer with larger maps and loads of poi's

if i disable poi's and install just a smaller map from (southern uk) from an older version of TT then i load much quicker

i have also noticed differances between what SD card i use, my older cards seem to be slower

It actually seems to me that the more applications you install on your prophet the longer tomtom takes to start up. Strange. Anyway, when i reached a certain point it jumed from about 15-20 seconds to 30 ish....not great but nevermind...hopefully someone will find a fix soon enough.

cheers

Matt

Guest badlad
It actually seems to me that the more applications you install on your prophet the longer tomtom takes to start up. Strange. Anyway, when i reached a certain point it jumed from about 15-20 seconds to 30 ish....not great but nevermind...hopefully someone will find a fix soon enough.

cheers

Matt

I'm guessing mine is failing to start cause of the SD card, its a kingston one.

Anyone got recoemndations on faster cards ?

• 1 month later...
Guest timoftheblues
I'm guessing mine is failing to start cause of the SD card, its a kingston one.

Anyone got recoemndations on faster cards ?

I have exactly the same problem, it just fails to start. I bought a 1gb Pretek SD card which was the fastest I was advised to go for - 133 and it still doesn't work.

Would be greatful for any assistance.

I know its not tomtom, but I have Fugawi OS software and Satnav working nicely on my M600, not so great for street level but great for hillwalking and mountainbiking (if you have bar mount).

• 4 weeks later...
Guest bugeyes
I know its not tomtom, but I have Fugawi OS software and Satnav working nicely on my M600, not so great for street level but great for hillwalking and mountainbiking (if you have bar mount).

cool so fugawi works well eh?

currently using on a treo 650 but will be getting a m600 asap nice to know that will work! :)

Mmm elements of it seem to work well others dont. THe PC software is very good. The PDA software is ok if a little limited. You have to manually load the maps from the PC to the SD card because there is a bug that means Fugawi only recognises the main memory. Also there are problems transferring tracks you have recorded on the PDA back to the PC. But I have loadded maps and routes onto the M600 no problem and it will show your position in real time. Good enough for me.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest lobsterdave

I have also managed to get TomTom 5.21 up and running on my M600, it does now take a good 20 or so secconds to start up but is fine from there, would be good to get that down to 5 seconds!! I like the idea of the password lock too but it kicks in even when TomTom is running, shame.

Guest dannyoneill

You wont get the time any lower. On a brand new device, hard reset and installed tomtom takes 17 seconds to load from SD card. The only wya to make it faster is use a faster SD card.

• 3 weeks later...

Spv M600 with TomTom 6 working fine. No speed issues and doesn't seem to kill the battery

Guest dannyoneill
Spv M600 with TomTom 6 working fine. No speed issues and doesn't seem to kill the battery

tomtom 6 loads up in 10 seconds from SD card and 6 seconds from main memory, keep the poi's down and speed should be nice and sharp