Bluetooth issues

Guest starbuck

Guest starbuck

Anyone experiencing problems between the C550 and bluetooth headsets?

I have had 2 phones and 6 headsets (Jabra BT130 x 2, Jabra BT800, Logitech Freedom, Orange Bluetrek and some other simple headset) plus I have tried at the Orange store 2 other units and finally 1 of my brother in laws. All have the same problems including disconnecting the incoming call, poor sync during incoming calls (sounds like talking underwater) and handset crashes.

Orange simply do not want to know and say I should try yet another pairing, at my expense I might add. In fact up until last week they denied there was any issues at all! Finally they now admit "there is a massive incompatibility issue with bluetooth devices", Nice!

Anyone know the answer to this infuriating problem?

Guest starbuck
No answer I'm afraid, but my 550 pairs fine with my Moto BT H/S. In fact all of my 550's have ;) (many replacements...)

Does your moto show any signs of the above problems then as most of mine pair ok, just work rubbish!

Oh sometimes the phone doesn't ring but the headset does, and if you don't hear it, it keeps ringing, and ringing and ringing until the battery runs out. Sweet!

Guest pd.ryder

No problems to speak of at all. Sometimes the phone and the H/S have com errors - *all* the phone's audio pushes through to the H/S, even menu commands and keypad tones etc. A quick reboot sorts that out, but it can be irritating when driving ;)

It all generally works fine. Voice dialing is reliable as long as tags are recorded using the H/S (tonal differences can cause the tag to be unrecognised) I did swap and change around a bit when I first had it but there was no real difference between the Jabra's or the Moto, so I stuck with the Moto cus it's cuter :P

Guest starbuck
No problems to speak of at all. Sometimes the phone and the H/S have com errors - *all* the phone's audio pushes through to the H/S, even menu commands and keypad tones etc. A quick reboot sorts that out, but it can be irritating when driving ;)

It all generally works fine. Voice dialing is reliable as long as tags are recorded using the H/S (tonal differences can cause the tag to be unrecognised) I did swap and change around a bit when I first had it but there was no real difference between the Jabra's or the Moto, so I stuck with the Moto cus it's cuter :P

Latest news is Orange want me to send them my phone and a selection of headsets for them to try. No replacement phone or postage costs either. Bet it comes back "no fault found"!

• 1 month later...
Guest drwaltoa

I've just bought a new spv c550 as well. It seems to work ok with my dad's old Jabra BT250V okay for calls and stuff, but for some reason music and system sounds only play through the phone when it's connected. The headset icon appears onscreen, but it's as if it only connects when you use voice dialling. Any ideas? :)

Guest nevawlkalone
I've just bought a new spv c550 as well. It seems to work ok with my dad's old Jabra BT250V okay for calls and stuff, but for some reason music and system sounds only play through the phone when it's connected. The headset icon appears onscreen, but it's as if it only connects when you use voice dialling. Any ideas? :)

Mine works fine so probably a hardware issue with the phone

Guest pd.ryder

I don't get any system sound through the HS except when it all goes horribly wrong (as per post #4 above). I know it's all gone horribly wrong because the blue light on the HS normally flashes when paired and 'on' - it stays on constantly when it gets all the system sounds so I guess something's no longer happy.

I get the 'connected' and 'disconnected' chirp at the start / end of a call or when using voice dialling and if the phone has no network signal I get a polite 'beep' every few seconds in the HS.

Definately no music through it.