A2DP for Tornado!

Guest namiran

Guest sporkguy
ANYBODY HAVE A BLUETOOTH STEREO HEADPHONES FOR SALE OR WANT TO SELL THERES?????????

Hello. Please kindly note the following:

We don't particularly like people talking in CAPS on the internet, as it gives the impression you are shouting :)

Secondly, it's "theirs" ;)

Thanks! :)

Guest Disco Stu

A quick comparison of the Motorola HT820 and Anycom BSH-100 Bluetooth Stereo Headsets

- bought from MobileFun & Expansys respectively

- each costs

Guest mini_man

Excellent review! I am still deciding which ones to purchase but im leaning very much to the anycoms. I saw the motos in town today and they looked very large :) far too big for my 15 year old head!

But small headphones seem to fit me well and my last pair of neckbands start to hurt after about an hour or 2 but I guess thats just life.

How did you get them to work before AKU2 ?

I think people just used bluetunes and bluecast.

I can live with dropouts cos my adapter slipped in and out and wobbled every 10 seconds so i think i will be fine, but it might just be walking under telegraph poles as you say.

Hmm I would have liked the controls to have worked a little bit but i guess the fact that their wireless will cover up for that.

I think I will purchase these soon then, thanks Disco Stu!

Edited by mini_man

• 3 weeks later...
Guest mini_man

WOOO! Got my anycoms :) ;) They look as good as they sound! The controls seem to work fine except for the play one :) But forward back and pause work gr8!!!

Although I here dropouts as well but I will test them later in open air :D

I emailed anycom to see whats up with it but overall im very very pleased with it all B)

Sam

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Qtek8310
WOOO! Got my anycoms ;) :D They look as good as they sound! The controls seem to work fine except for the play one :) But forward back and pause work gr8!!!

Although I here dropouts as well but I will test them later in open air :(

I emailed anycom to see whats up with it but overall im very very pleased with it all :P

Sam

Wich program are you using for playing audio?

I ordered the ht820 from Motorola on Ebay, and use TCPMP on my Qtek8310.

I'm curious if this program support the player control buttons.

(Supposing that the brand of the headset doesn't matter so much)

Guest mini_man

Nope sorry tcpmp doesnt support AVCRP but im sure they will release an update! btw you cant really watch videos with tcpmp while using BT headphones as it eats up so much ram the video jumps an awful lot.

Guest UrBoyL3

Hello i just received my sda II and would really like bluetooth stereo.

where do I get the files needed and how do I install them?

Guest mini_man

Hello firstly read the whole topic because there are links at the beggining and on the first page.

Secondly I dont think the SDA II is WM5 so therefore you cant use BT Stereo.

Sam

Guest Disco Stu

The link to the files are in the first post. You will have to register at the other place (free and nothing to worry about) to see the files. There are 2 cab files to install. Copy them to somewhere on your phone or storage card and use your file explorer to click on them and they will install themselves.

Restart your phone and follow the instructions for bonding with your stereo headset as per the headset manual. Read the thread on the other site to check that you've got all bases covered. Get it working (it should be pretty straight-forward) and you will look like this.... :)

Guest Disco Stu
the sda II is an htc tornado that runs wm5

Pardon our confusion over the phone / OS. The SDA II looks like an Orange C550 which was WM2003. I think you'll need AKU2 update of your operator ROM though to get it to work. Again apologies for my ignorance of T-Mobile phones :)

Guest Pondrew
the sda II is an htc tornado that runs wm5

No it's not. It's an HTC Hurricane which runs WM2003SE. As such it's most unlikely this A2DP fix will work. Were you thinking of the T-Mobile US SDA which is an HTC Tornado?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Robbied

I have just bought a pioneer DEH P75BT car stereo because it can pair with my SPV M600 via bluetooth and becomes my car hands free kit.

After installing the stereo and playing around with it I discovered that it had a function on it called Bluetooth Stereo. Reading through the instruction manual it appears that it can also play music from bluetooth audio devices.

I have managed to follow the instructions on this thread and am able to set the pioneer as a wireless stereo in my phones' bluetooth settings but it will not play the music via the stereo.

I keep seeing that the rom version needs to be AKU2 to be able to support A2DP and according to the orange website, the M600 is exactly this yet when I look at the device information on the phone itself, the rom version is 2.10.1.22 WWE. Is this another name for AKU2 or do I have an older rom version?

Also, assuming that I do get this working, can a single bluetooth device such as my car stereo or a headset be used as a hands free device and a wireless stereo simultaneously? ie can I listen to music and receive an incoming call at the same time?

My ultimate aim is to not carry any cd's or mp3's in the car. The phone has a 4GB SD card and holds all the music I could ever want.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest grumpy_old_technobyte

I found a fix that works for me. The two cabs from: http://www.modaco.com/index.php?showtopic=...mp;#entry760345

(about 9 reply's down)

and a new reg dword entry (to stop lagging) from:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/viewtopic....asc&start=0

Also, if you just select your BT headphones as Wireless Stereo and not Hands Free, the lag or 1/2 second stop some ppl get will all be fixed. Im using US SDA(original ROM) with Moto HT820 by the way.

• 2 months later...
Guest chaznet

I have a iMate SP5m, and using the directions in this thread got it working with some new Sony Ericsson HBH-DS970 headphones. The headphones are Bluetooth 2.0, the phone isn't -- but it works. The range is awful -- a few feet at most and the sound isn't nearly as good as corded headphones.

I'm getting the new T-Mobile Dash when it comes out, and it has Bluetooth 2.0. Anyone know whether that will that make the headphones sound better and/or improve the range...?!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Woodpeck
If you still can't get it to work, try this thread :

http://www.modaco.com/index.php?showtopic=...mp;#entry760345

Hi and thanks to the main contributors I now have a software unlocked Vodafone V1240 :rolleyes:

Next "problem" I wanted to try to "solve" is the phones inability to play audio via mediaplayer into the Logitek Bluetooth Mobile Freedom Headset I have.

Maybe I'm missing the point, but it doesn't seem to play anything unless an incoming call is in place. Anyone know if there's a setting I've lost track of ? Or is it going to be a case of installing these 2 cab files ? Or have I got to be more drastic and replace the rom image :)

Thanks for helping out if you can :(

• 2 weeks later...
Guest flywest

I read a tip somewhere about setting up your A2dp and it really helps. When you initially pair your bluetooth headset and click finnish then go back to your Edit device page, find your bluetooth headset, and when you get to Bluetooth services click Refresh. It will be bring up 3 services instead of just the 2.

Guest mini_man

Update: Dropouts are greatly reduced by deleting the following keys:

Tweak 1

HKLM>SOFTWARE>Microsoft>Bluetooth>A2DP>Devices>2

HKLM>SOFTWARE>Microsoft>Bluetooth>A2DP>Devices>3

HKLM>SOFTWARE>Microsoft>Bluetooth>A2DP>Devices>4

These are empty devices and serve no real purpose but deleting them has seem to reduce the number of dropouts!

Tweak 2

Or you can change the values of the above keys to match the values in the key HKLM>SOFTWARE>Microsoft>Bluetooth>A2DP>Devices>1

Tested well on a C600 and a Hermes.

By Sam :)

Sam

[EDIT] Tweak 2 seems to be alot better than tweak 1

Edited by mini_man

Guest andy_sutton

Anyone have a problem with the "Wireless Stereo" setting in the profile getting lost each time the headset loses connection? Each time I enable bluetooth and want to listen through my IoGear headset I have to go into the bluetooth settings and then select Menu and "Set as Wireless Stereo". At that point the stereo headset icon on the status bar comes on and the headset syncs and works. Takes some of the fun out of having it if you have to push so many buttons to get it to work each time.

Also I don't seem to be able to get the profile to function as both an A2DP headset and hands-free so that I can receive incoming calls. Any suggestions on whether that's even possible would be helpful. I can be listening to music and hear in the headset the phone ringing but I can't make it answer.

phone: Cingular 2125

headset: IoGear GBMHKIT