Who's left Orange for T-Mobile?

Guest chucky.egg

Guest sporkguy
How do you work that out?

it was you who quite publically said my real name in a topic over on mobiholics lol - the guy said it was thanks to you that he found me >_:)

Guest pd.ryder
it was you who quite publically said my real name in a topic over on mobiholics lol - the guy said it was thanks to you that he found me >_:)

Quite unintentional mate, I assure you. Maybe if you hadn't had "phone trainer" logos splashed all over the place...?

Like you say, onto bigger and better things with T-Mobile :)

O's loss ;)

Guest peekie

I can see this thread in a years time whos left T-mobile for orange , WHY you may be asking well we have the wonderfull internet option that you have BUT now they are restrichting the types of sites you can visit , no msn and only .nl sites only , and data limits are here as well, originally it was no data limits , every month something gets taken away , they seem to only want to build up a customer base and then let um down , the internet is only usefull now if you have a laptop at mc donalds , well for the hour limit that is :) enjoy it while you can guys :)

Guest chucky.egg

If they try that stuff they'll be substantially changing the service offered and we should be able to get out of our contracts quite easily.

Guest pd.ryder
If they try that stuff they'll be substantially changing the service offered and we should be able to get out of our contracts quite easily.
Nice idea. But they'll do it slowly-gently-catchy-monkey so that no-one notices it happening. Just look at how much O have changed over a period of time. None of us would feel able to shout 'breach of contract' because it all went by (almost) un-noticed.

Guest Pigo

I've switched to Tmob couple of months ago aswell. must be honest and have to say beter reception cheaper GPRS. I liked orange. never had trouble with them, but it was getting to expensive for me.

peekie? what are you talking about? I just visited some .com's without problems. Haven't had a message from Tmob to say things have changed either.

so as far as I know things haven't changed.

Pigo

Guest peekie

i just have an insider at t-mobile , the network cannot handle the data which is used , if there are a flood of sms messages , like during the world cup the gprs service is reduced as there is more money in sms than internet. depending on which part of holland you live in there is a difference in service , i have seen how slow the gprs goes ( 10 minutes to connect to modaco during the day ) the problem for t-mobile here is the internet is more popular than the network can handle its only a matter of time till the price rises to pay for the extra costs or they end it.

Guest peekie

they would probably do the same as orange have . orange world for old customers 2mb new customers 25mb both cost the same 6 euros. in the case of t-mobile it is easy when the contract ends they can remove the internet option and they do have the right to up the price if they choose to during the contract as long as they inform you first and give the option to end the internet , but as t-mobile nl need more customers being in 4th place in the mobile wars they might hang on with the losses to get the numbers :)

Guest Pigo

if T-mob is wise they would hang on with putting it through. because the Vario and the internet package have earnt them boatloads of costumers. taking away the thing people came to t-mob for would result in people leaving them when contract ends. (not good for buisness) that's the way I think. Only reason I switched to t-mob was for the internet.

we'll see.. Orange just merged with Wanadoo... so that must result in some good internet thingy. maybe they'll have me back in december.

Pigo

Guest adchaffey
we'll see.. Orange just merged with Wanadoo... so that must result in some good internet thingy. maybe they'll have me back in december.

Pigo

hate to burst your bubble, but orange haven't actually merged with wanadoo. Both orange and wanadoo we're owned by France Telecom who has now decided to simply re-brand wanadoo as orange. Can't imagine it'll effect the mobile side of things at all.

Guest Pigo
hate to burst your bubble, but orange haven't actually merged with wanadoo. Both orange and wanadoo we're owned by France Telecom who has now decided to simply re-brand wanadoo as orange. Can't imagine it'll effect the mobile side of things at all.

uuuh... it allready did. they have something called "One Phone" now. let's you combine your phone line & you cell phone. something like.... if your at home you get called on you call with your cell phone through your home-phone-line. and outside just standard cell phone line. now just the question if they're gonna do more for cellphone-internet.

Pigo

Guest peekie

It is true that orange and wanadoo are now one ( look at www.orange.nl ), which must be a worry for t-mobile really orange has 20mb home internet internet , no landline needed ( under wanadoo the old landland was needed )so free calls to landline numbers and 25mb gprs internet per month orange to orange , free calls to orange phones , seeing as i internet at home and the mrs phones alot i think you can guess what i have :) expect the same sometime soon in the uk

• 3 weeks later...
Guest stripeycat

Am waiting desperately for any info from t-mobile on their new sony ericssons, which no-one seems to know anything about. I was with orange for five years and was blowing up to

Guest danwatson1974
Am waiting desperately for any info from t-mobile on their new sony ericssons, which no-one seems to know anything about. I was with orange for five years and was blowing up to

Guest stripeycat
I'd wait and have a look at the Orange tariffs available from 1st August if I were you :)

I hear you, at the end of the day i just got the heck in with them, so to be honest, even if they did match or even better the flext tariffs, i would probably go with t-mobile or possibly even vodafone for the change.

Guest chucky.egg

Dont burn your bridges

If you can hang on then wait and see what O offer, but personally I suspect that the deals for the "average" user aren't going to be that good

Remember a tariff is for life, not just unlimited data!

I was really tempted to abort my 'ship jumping' until the CSR let me down, promising a ringback that day, and failing.

Sorry but with 24 hour turnaround and USEFUL email communication T-Mobile are still tempting me.

• 1 month later...

yep have to say WNW is soo nice to have. just being able to web browse when i want to or as much email as i want to is a very nice thing to be able to do

not to mention even without WNW the flext tariff is so many leaps and bounds better than the competition that its not even a contest.

so I happily switched from O2 to t-mobile.

JEREMY

Guest dodding nonkey

I finally managed to ditch orange (just typing that word makes me angry!) recently. They ran out of obstacles and delaying tactics. I got fed up with the lack of support from CS and the lack of knowledge on the part of their employees. I would encourage anyone to ditch orange asap - problem is, that takes a long time with orange. They loose your request for getting your phone unlocked, then they tell you it isn't possible, then they tell you they'll do it and they don't. When you have got it unlocked they won't give you the PAC code over the phone, then the letter they send you gets lost in the post, then they loose your request, then they finally send you a letter that must go via outer mongolia it takes so long, which leaves you 2 days to get your phone ported or the 30 days runs out!

Shame they're not as inefficient when it comes to collecting money.