PaulOBrien

FREE CASH! Announcing: M:Panel from M:Metrics and MoDaCo

Hi

just installed this and thought I would point out that if you ae connected via activesync the download won't chew into your gprs allowance :)

Just got my T-Mobile Bill for the month and have 3 text messages going to 0014252461806 and 07624806298 (Why an Isle of Man Mobile Number - ie you'll get hit for international call costs ????!!!!)

I had hard reset my phone in December and reinstalled the software direct from the website. I then receive an email that my account was inactive, so I download again by being sent a link via a SMS link.

My account is still showing as inactive, so I've uninstalled the software. (For what it's worth, my internet connection does seem to be working better now.)

I did get my cheque, so I'm still GBP28.98 up, but I think I'll skip this scheme in the future...

I did get my cheque, so I'm still GBP28.98 up, but I think I'll skip this scheme in the future...

That makes sense then! :)

I never got my check last month so I'm a little po'd. Guess I'll have to head over to the site and drop them a line.

What a cool scheme this is - just signed up and everything seems to be working as advertised. I noticed my 3G indicator appear a minute after installing so guess it was 'phoning home'. My only query is that it seems to leave my 3G/GPRS data connection open afterwards. Not essentially a problem as I have a separate data plan and it doesn't affect phone usage but one of my personal little foibles is that I close my data connection when I've done e-mail/web etc and turn it back to 'phone mode' - can this be done at all using M:Panel? As I say, not a huge issue. How often does the software send data back to base?

Edited by stevem999

Why do you close your data connection?

Phone calls always take precedence anyway, and on 3G you can do simultaneous voice / data anyway IIRC.

P

Why do you close your data connection?

Phone calls always take precedence anyway, and on 3G you can do simultaneous voice / data anyway IIRC.

P

Guess it's just a hang up from my pre-combined device days - also thought I saw somewhere that leaving the connection open drains the battery a little faster, even if you don't use it. May be I'm wrong!.

Assume it can't be set to turn it off then after sending data? Do you know ho often it sends?

I'm not aware of an option to do that, and I don't know how often it sends i'm afraid... a quick mail to support [at] mobilepanel [dt] co[dt] uk should answer your questions tho :)

P

There used to be a little box on the top right of these "sticky" adverts that allowed you to minimise them so that you could see the news below it. For me this box has disappeared. I've tried logging out, clearing my cookies and logging back in but no minimise box :)

I've got nothing against the idea or the company it's just that the advert is so big I have to scroll down to see if there's any new news. It's probably my Modaco addiction that's causing the problem since I check 3-4 times a day it results in a lot of scrolling....

Can I have the little box back again? Please?

i have been using the service since last June, and have not received any additional cheque for the 6 month award - off to email them.....

UPDATE -

seems the support email is dead!

This message was created automatically by mail delivery software.

A message that you sent has not yet been delivered to one or more of its

recipients after more than 24 hours on the queue on XXXXX

The message identifier is: XXXXX

The date of the message is: Fri, 16 Feb 2007 12:35:17 +0000

The subject of the message is: 6 month cheque?

The address to which the message has not yet been delivered is:

[email protected]

No action is required on your part. Delivery attempts will continue for

some time, and this warning may be repeated at intervals if the message

remains undelivered. Eventually the mail delivery software will give up,

and when that happens, the message will be returned to you.

Edited by delta9

Ever since installation some of the web apps dont work correctly buttons on sites shut my ie off complety and this all began after the app took up residence.... any thoughts? :)

A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its

recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:

[email protected]

retry timeout exceeded

does anyone know how to else we can get in contact with them? Im well overdue my first 6month cheque

ive tried using the online form in contact us... and get this error

Server Error in '/' Application.

The transport failed to connect to the server.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: The transport failed to connect to the server.

Edited by delta9

Hello,

I've been trying to install the software but I get the error saying that "Unable to install at this location". My phone is T-Mobile SDA II.

Any help would be apreciated.

I've tried to contact Support directly but getting the same problem as other people, email coudn't be delivered.

Now I've doubts if I should trust the M:Panel :)

Regards,

dt11

Hey all,

When I originally signed up and installed this app, I was primarily interested in the sweepstakes. At the time (December 2006), the prize mentioned was a Microsoft Zune. The website now lists a 40" LCD TV instead! What happened to the Zune?! Also, reading the sweepstakes rules, it says that the prize must be picked up by Septempber 4 or it will be forfeited. Winner is responsible for shipping costs! Since it seems like this is based in the UK, if I win I'd be paying international shipping on a 40" TV?!

That seems to negate the sweepstakes completely. I did, however, get my check for $15.

Oh well... I just felt a little bit disgruntled about the whole sweepstakes thing. I was really interested in the Zune!!

Hey all,

When I originally signed up and installed this app, I was primarily interested in the sweepstakes. At the time (December 2006), the prize mentioned was a Microsoft Zune. The website now lists a 40" LCD TV instead! What happened to the Zune?! Also, reading the sweepstakes rules, it says that the prize must be picked up by Septempber 4 or it will be forfeited. Winner is responsible for shipping costs! Since it seems like this is based in the UK, if I win I'd be paying international shipping on a 40" TV?!

That seems to negate the sweepstakes completely. I did, however, get my check for $15.

Oh well... I just felt a little bit disgruntled about the whole sweepstakes thing. I was really interested in the Zune!!

Closing date for entry into the Zune competition was originally Dec 25th with an end date of Jan 25th, as this was extended by a month the competition should have ended yesterday. As long as you had the app installed between Jan 25th and Feb 25th you should be in with a chance of winning. I expect that the winners will be announced in a week or two, given that they need to be contacted in winning order to choose which colour they want.

Hey Paul,

I've just upgraded my phone so what do I do about m:metrics cos it's on the old phone and obviously it ain't sending the data cos there's no sim card in it. Do i just re-register or what?

Steve

I've pinged them a mail to ask them to check our their incoming email problem!

P

any luck with this yet?

Pugzi you can just change your phone details on your account - then click the link "resend software to my phone " and it will keep running and so no need to re register

Edited by delta9

I had to have a conversation with Support as my prog stopped sending data, it turned out to be the Vario that was the problem and not the software. For some unknown reason it would refuse all progs access to the net, so my weather wasn't getting updated every 24hrs either.

Eventually I did a hard reset and reinstalled and everything started working again. The emails I sent to support at least a couple of them returned the same error message about the email not getting through, but they did actually get through as I got replies to them. One of the replies did mention that the software can be a bit flaky at times.

I must admit I was in hurry to get it installed and my account active again so I would be entered into the Zune prize draw, so if there was some problem solving that would have pin-pointed the problem I pretty much by-passed that process this time round.

Paul - when do you contact the winners? (he says living in hope ;) )

Paul,

Any chance you could remove this as the top news story and turn it into a banner or something instead? I know it lines your pockets, but it's starting to get a bit boring having to scroll past this story every time I want to read Modaco's latest news - particularly as I'm not interested in the promotion. ;)

The website now lists a 40" LCD TV instead! What happened to the Zune?! Also, reading the sweepstakes rules, it says that the prize must be picked up by Septempber 4 or it will be forfeited. Winner is responsible for shipping costs! Since it seems like this is based in the UK, if I win I'd be paying international shipping on a 40" TV?!

Well I'm afriad you won't have to worry about this any more because the TV has now been won...by me!!! :D So despite the stringent terms and conditions the sceptics at the start of this thread have been proved wrong ;)

The company have been very good in sorting it out, it was delivered to me and I didn't have to pay for shipping either (I am in the UK and it was sourced from the UK). I couldn't believe it when I found out! The TV is a Samsung too, I was thinking it would probably be an Akai or something!

Huge thanks to Modaco where I originally discovered M:Panel!

:( :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) ;) ;) ;)

Edited by nick_sub

Paul,

Any chance you could remove this as the top news story and turn it into a banner or something instead? I know it lines your pockets, but it's starting to get a bit boring having to scroll past this story every time I want to read Modaco's latest news - particularly as I'm not interested in the promotion. ;)

Minismise the item if you don't want to look at it, use the "-" on the top right of the surrounding border.