PaulOBrien

FREE CASH! Announcing: M:Panel from M:Metrics and MoDaCo

famewolf, please drop me a PM with your email address, and i'll follow this up with M:Metrics.

It's obviously not a scam however, as can be vouched for by the many, many recipients of cheques.

P

I was a bit dubious after reading recent post's if this was still paying out but I can confirm I signed up 1 month ago and this morning I received the £15 postal order, I can confirm however I have also tried contacting them and they are either not receiving emails or have a long reply time.

Nice to see it is still working ;)

Signed up, installed okSays Inactive and that I used 21k in FebFunny since I used 30meg today and 21k doesn't even cover one of your sites pagesStupid yanksCan't wait till the dollar inflates it's self out of existence, sooner than you think

Er, That means you used 21k in February for the metering application, not as a whole!

P

Er, That means you used 21k in February for the metering application, not as a whole!

P

So where's my cheque Actually, forget that, how do I sack this stupid thing off altogether, I'm suddenly thinking that I don't want any contact with these jokers at all.

I think you need to tone down your posts somewhat 'Dik...'.

If you want to uninstall it, uninstall it from 'Remove Programs' like you do any other application.

P

Dik...

You might want to read the first line of the opening post by Paul again

I am very pleased to announce that MoDaCo, in association with M:Metrics, is now able to offer participation in Smart M:Panel to our UK as well as our USA members.

Your profile places you in the UAE, so I don't think you should really have bothered with this promotion.

Dik...

Your profile places you in the UAE, so I don't think you should really have bothered with this promotion.

So how would I have Feb showing 21k if I was in the UAE? I was there a few times over the last couple of years but I don't plan on living there. Still not had a cheque (in Sterling) and still thinking, as others on this thread, that this could well be a con. Much like Dubai actually, unless you like building sites that is.

Dik...

I'm in the UK

Still no cheque

famewolf, please drop me a PM with your email address, and i'll follow this up with M:Metrics.

It's obviously not a scam however, as can be vouched for by the many, many recipients of cheques.

P

I want to be 100% fair so I will state that I received a letter from mmetrics today apologizing for the delay in sending my check and including a $15 moneygram. They however, never did reply to ANY of my emails and apparently I was not entered in the modaco drawings or their own drawings even though I was running the program. I'll sum up my feelings as "neutral" as they seem legit but have some serious communication/organizational issues to resolve.

I've been re-installing WM6 on my m3100 repeatedly over the last week trying to get a stable set up...by reinstalling the M Metrics software its 'texted home' upon every install, I've reinstalled their software 3 times, it's 20p per international text and they text 3 times per 'installation' so I'm now £1.80 out of pocket (doesnt even come out of my contract) just for installing their software! Just as a warning!

Apart from the daily connection to the mpanel server, does mpanel push/pull anything else to you phone without notifying you. I had a phone turned on with the meter application running for the past 2 month and noticed there were data connection activities on 3/22 with sizes of 168KB, 55KB, 58KB and 2/22 with sizes of 168KB and 55KB, apart from the normal daily connections.

I signed in to the activity log and the sizes show in history do not seem to reflect these down/upload. Have anyone seen anything similar or know what's going on? Any way to disable that? The phone was not used but just left in charger for the whole period so mpanel is the prime suspect.

Thanks!

Hey everyone, Today I received my first check from M: Panel. This really works so hurry up and get in before it is too late.

Since I've just got a Lobster 700TV from Virgin and will be using both it and my T-mobile MDA PRO interchangeably do I install the software on both phones or just keep it on my MDA PRO and ignore the usage on the Lobster? The FAQ and profile page on MMetrics doesn't seem to cater for this type of user. I'm sure Paul has already come across this and asked the question given the number of different phones he uses.

Hello,

I registered with M:Metrics a while ago, I think it was back when it was first announced here. I got my PO's and so on, so it does work.

However! I've had it installed on an SPV C550, and like the others here, it would cause it to crawl to a halt, especially when I wanted to answer or hang up a call. Because of this, I was forced to give up on it about a month ago, as it was basically making my phone unusable for its main purpose (being a phone, that is). Sorry, but until they manage to fix this, I just can't use it anymore. Please let them know (if it's still relevant), and if they want to, I am willing to assist them in whatever way I can.

Thank you!

I signed up on my M600, the next day a nice lady from orange asked me if id like a shiny new phone... my call plan has now changed and i have a new E650, how do i go about transfering my account to the new phone?? i cant see a lofin or user area on their website... or am i just being slow??!! :rolleyes:

I've installed this on my MDA Vario II after reading some of this topic and the news article on the BBC News site.

It only sent one text message to activate and its not slowing down my phone but I'm now noticing alot of data traffic. I woke up this morning to find my stats on SPB GPRS Monitor to be over 8mb. When I went to sleep it was at around 0.7mb. I didn't receive any emails or MMS's so the only conclusion is that it's been downloading/uploading alot of data.

My account shows this

2007 MAY 0.63

Any body got any ideas?

What did you have running in the background? Are you using push mail or using timed checks?

P

What did you have running in the background? Are you using push mail or using timed checks?

P

I have a IMAP e-mail account that uses timed checks (Every 5 minutes) but that only seems to use 56kb in a night unless I get a e-mail. I received one last night from T-Mobile and that was about 4kb

I got mine. Eventually. Now I'm just waiting for them to add support for the wing.

The v1415 is exclusive to Vodafone, coming soon!

Exclusive as in a different colour and branding? Be nice if V did consumer versions and had a decent data plan.

Or if T released it...

It will be interesting to see if it has the sanme probs as the E650.