PaulOBrien

FREE CASH! Announcing: M:Panel from M:Metrics and MoDaCo

I attempted to use "contact us" to send the following but received a "server error please try later" response.

------

The history for my phone shows I joined December of 2006. That means my 6 months was up end of MAY. Even if you don't count a partial month such as December 6 months would have been end of JUNE...your system shows end of JULY as my 6 months. Additionally I still have not received payment for the 6 month period and it is now middle of august. Your system says I am in inactive status because you have not received anything from me in last 10 days. I have emails showing where I reinstalled the mmetrics meter and it talked to your server during that period of time therefore you are in error.

I have already had to get into this with you to get my initial startup $15 5 months LATER and involve Paul from Modoco.com...this time I will just file a better business bureau complaint for false advertising and send a copy to the attorney general for your area with copies of your own history log and the emails received from your server.

Year Month Kilobytes

2007 JUL 30.10

2007 JUN 8.72

2007 MAY 5.95

2007 APR 13.15

2007 MAR 6.76

2007 FEB 37.41

2007 JAN 81.60

2006 DEC 29.40

Emails received from your server verifying connectivity:

MobilePanel Support Inbox, rvp.ej ‎M:Panel Confirmation - … M:Metrics Team [email protected] 4:55 pm

MobilePanel Support Inbox, rvp.ej ‎M:Panel Confirmation - … M:Metrics Team [email protected] Aug 3

MobilePanel Support (2) Inbox, rvp.ej ‎M:Panel Confirmation - … M:Metrics Team [email protected] Aug 1

MobilePanel Support Inbox, rvp.ej ‎M:Panel Confirmation - … M:Metrics Team [email protected] Jul 29

Smart M:Panel Support Inbox, rvp.ej ‎Participation Incentive Update - … Smart M:Panel Support [email protected] Jul 3

M:Panel Confirmation Inbox rvp.ej

Reply to all Reply to allForward Forward Print Add MobilePanel to Contacts list Delete this message Report phishing Show original Message text garbled?

from MobilePanel Support hide details Aug 3

to XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

date 3 Aug 2007 01:53:43 -0700

subject M:Panel Confirmation

Dear XXXXXXXXXX,

Congratulations! You have successfully installed the Smart M:Panel software on your phone.

As a Smart M:Panel member you will receive your first activation payment of $15 within 45 days. If you do not receive this please let us know by replying to this email. Our Smart M:Panel members also receive $5 and an additional entry in our 40"LCD HDTV sweepstakes for each month as an active panelist. Ongoing incentives are paid every six months, and one lucky LCD HDTV winner is selected every three months. You may check your status at any time by going to http://www.mobilepanel.com and logging in with your user name and password.

Thank you for participating in the Smart M:Panel and helping to shape the mobile Internet.

The M:Metrics Team

[email protected]

Hi Guys!

I'll speak to M:Metrics to ensure that their support people are responding to queries from end users - I spoke to them recently and they assured me the [email protected] / .com is monitored and responded too.

P

I had to stop running this program when I upgraded to a Touch. The phone isn't listed on the M:Metrics website, so I tried using a different phone (several actually). I was getting the mobile numbers must be eleven digits and start 07 too. Gave up, uninstalled and signed off.

My first payment had been on time, my second was late, but did eventually arrive.

I had to stop running this program when I upgraded to a Touch. The phone isn't listed on the M:Metrics website, so I tried using a different phone (several actually). I was getting the mobile numbers must be eleven digits and start 07 too. Gave up, uninstalled and signed off.

My first payment had been on time, my second was late, but did eventually arrive.

They have still not responded to my emails but at least I am now "Active" again after modding the registry.

Simon, give it a go.

pjam

Well a bit of digging gives the following info ....

M:Metrics Ltd

130 Shaftesbury Avenue

London

W1D 5EU

Still no payment .... and although Paul has posted saying M:Metrics are monitoring their support email addresses I've gotta say that they obviously cannot be bothered replying. My emails to them haven't bounced back either - so they have been received at their end.

What with the non-communication and also the apparently random payment (in cash too) - I suspect that M:Metrics are having a few financial problems. Wouldn't be surprised to see an announcement shortly saying that they have gone bust or similar.

I wonder if the ASA would be interested in their promises and advertising ?

Cheers

Lycrawearer

The thing that annoys me is the fact that each time the software is installed you are charged for a couple of text messages. If you keep trying several roms like me this ends up costing a couple of £ each month.

The thing that annoys me is the fact that each time the software is installed you are charged for a couple of text messages. If you keep trying several roms like me this ends up costing a couple of £ each month.

They have scammed me enough. I have removed the program from my ppc (after reinstalling it 6 times to try to get my status out of inactive..each time with an email from their server saying it had connected), and will be pursuing my payment which is already owed. I will warn anyone I can away from this company/service.

Got my third payment through today, a £10 and a £20 stuffed into an envelope. It feels like it was a month or two late but who cares since its basically money for nothing?

They are not really the most responsive of companies are they.

I just got this acknowledgement from them.

==========================

Your message

To: MobilePanel UK Support

Cc:

Subject: RE: Participation Incentive Update

Sent: Mon, 14 May 2007 08:11:15 -0700

was read on Wed, 15 Aug 2007 16:29:37 -0700

=========================

I suppose three months is not too bad for a message to sit in their inbox!

I can no longer activate! It keeps popping up a message about 07 numbers must be 11 chars long! I e-mailed support a few days (Didn't bounce so fingers crossed i'll get a reply)

I don't understand though, it worked fine a month ago, did a Hard Reset and suddenly getting this!

What with the non-communication and also the apparently random payment (in cash too) - I suspect that M:Metrics are having a few financial problems. Wouldn't be surprised to see an announcement shortly saying that they have gone bust or similar.

I was thinking something similar. It really is a bit odd for them to send me my payment in cash (and well over a month late! - but then there have been a few postal strikes recently)

Surely not a good idea to send cash in the post, in fact i'm almost certain that Royal Mail strongly advises against it, oh well, thirty quid helped pay for this mornings stinking hangover :)

I can no longer activate! It keeps popping up a message about 07 numbers must be 11 chars long! I e-mailed support a few days (Didn't bounce so fingers crossed i'll get a reply)

I don't understand though, it worked fine a month ago, did a Hard Reset and suddenly getting this!

Mod the registry as i mentioned earlier. Works fine. Don't know why the problem started though.

pjam

This puzzles me as to why all these people here willing fully install spyware program on their devices? The tiny check and bi-yearly pay off is worth giving up all your privacy? Not to say that you're not guaranteed winning a tv anyway so I fail to see where all the interest comes from. They not only collect your usage data, but also file names, web addresses you go to and tons of other stuff. This is in fact even worse than your typical pc spyware. At least it doesn't get onto your device via a trojan but still. Besides, who knows whether the uninstaller actually erases all of it, they say it runs and is invisible on your phone which would make it difficult to verify what it does. I would steer clear of this.

They seem to be sorting things out.

I finally received a reply to an email i sent askin for a reply to my previous emails.

They have sent me some extra cash to cover all the sms charges I have had and I have just had an email telling me my £30 is being processed this month. This is also confirmed on the web site.

All is looking good.

pjam

May I go in?

I'm from mexico using an htc s621 with windows ce 5.z may i be in?

and could be the transference of data trought wi-fi?

Got my first $15 check in the mail today! :(

Was hearing some bad reviews here and there regarding the payout, but that was pretty quick as far as I'm concerned (installed in early September). Hopefully my luck will carry over into winning the 40'' LCD, and I will tether my TyTN II to it, and caress it, and create a mobile uplink to Saturn, and remote control the world, and take over the city, and....

;) Sorry. I got a little carried away. Its been a fun month.

Coochpost-296474-1192279214_thumb.png

Got my check this morning . Also I'm having the text issue so have sent an email and await their reply. Seems they have not sorted this out yet

I know you shouldn't have to, but the correction of the phone number within the registry as posted previously does solve the sms issue.

Just installed on my vario 3 with no problems and didn't have to change the registry.

Also just got my £15 cash in the post which proves they are paying out.

pjam

My NIGHTMARE Customer Support Experience with this...

(And Paul, this is not meant as a barb at them, it's just factual feedback, so they can 'work to improve things' for customers, or whatever companies call it these days).

Right, well here I go...

Around two months ago, around 10/09 to be more close, I thought I would re-visit M:Metrics, and see if a native Symbian version of the tool existed, as I had heard words to that effect online. I used to use the App. back in the past, but gave up when I moved away from the Pocket PC Platform.

So I duly followed the link here, went along to the site, filled the boxes in, and saw that my phone, a Symbian Nokia 6120 classic, was listed in the supported devices list (note the word 'was'). So I clicked the radio button to select it, and continued with the steps, to download it over the air, I seem to recall. But the link that arrived at my phone, took me to download the version for my PREVIOUS device, a WM Pocket PC, the MDA Universal.

Aha I thought - wrong device set up in my profile... but NO, I had already changed my listed device to the Nokia 6120c.

So, I tried again... And again got the link for a WM PPC instal file...

Mmmm.

Ah well, let me try the "Direct Download to PC" route... And what did I get...?

Yup, a WM PPC install file again.

Ok, I'll email them and tell them methinks.

So I fired of a 'short, simple, no possible way you could get confused by it' email, telling them I had correctly updated my profile to show my current device as a Nokia 6120c, but no matter which way I tried it, ota, or direct download, the file I kept getting was for my OLD device, a MDA Universal. Please can you look into this and fix it for me,

And I was rather livid with the reply I eventually got back...

"Thank you for contactng M:Panel support! Have you tried installing the software? I believe the Pocket PC and MDA Pro use the same software build as they are both running Windows Mobile 5.0.

Let us know if we can be of further assistance.

Nam"

One of those 'I haven't even bothered to properly read your issue' emails, that makes a person so damn angry when they receive it.

Oh but it gets worse, much worse...

I therefore emailed them back, telling them, simply, and shortly, that I had ALREADY told them the problem was that my device is now a Nokia 6120c, NOT a Windows device, and despite having updated my profile to reflect this, I kept getting download links for a PPC/WM file:

ME: "That’s great, and true, except the phone correctly registered on my profile now, is a Nokia 6120 Classic – a SYMBIAN device.

That’s what I was indicating – it is not offering you a download for the correct TYPE of software, based on the phone correctly registered.

It is using historic data, or just simply defaulting to PPC anyway.

Thanks."

So imagine my mood and anger when I get this reply back:

"Thank you for your email. According to our records you have a T-Mobile MDA Pro; please confirm that this is still true If not, please log into your profile at www.mobilepanel.co.uk to update the information. From there you can also resend the software for installation.

Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.

Regards,

Allan"

I have told them what I NOW have TWICE already now... I have CONFIRMED TWICE that what his records states is not true... I have told them TWICE now, that I have ALREADY updated my profile correctly.

And yet STILL people cannot bother to read emails properly... Frustrated..? I'm bloody livid by now...

So, I reply back telling them how angry I am by all this, that the information they needed has been in each and every email so far, and that all they had to do was read them, but that it's matterless now anyway, as I've had enough - consider the matter one for feedback only now.... Basically by way of referring him to my original email, but highlighting in colour and underline, the relevant statements from that email, that explained I had already done all this etc.

And then I go and get this back, to add the icing on the cake:

"Thank you for getting back to us! We are not longer supporting the Nokia 6120 Classic.

Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.

Nam"

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr........

So just for argument's sake, I emailed them back to explain to them that the 6120c is just a Symbian Nokia, 9.1 FP1, and as such, the N95 using the same operating system, IS supported by them, so they seriously need to sort their entire Customer Service function out - but that's it, I'm off.

But actually, for ONCE, it turns out they were PARTLY correct...

Because as the user above my post indicates, since this whole catalogue of errors and mistakes began and how long it has taken, they have indeed now removed their entire range of Symbian OS 9.1 devices from their compatibility list, and only support devices up to 8.1 now. That's how long this whole sorry state of affairs has took to progress.

So despite however long a mess in terms of poor responses from M;Panel, as listed above, it has all been a complete and utter waste of time anyway, as by the time they finally have read and understood my problem, the whole thing has been a complete waste of my time anyway, as support for my phone, now that they finally know what phone I have, has since been removed anyway.

Doh.

As I say, a bit of a rant on my part, but mainly so that M:Panel can read this, and consider totally shaking up their whole C.S. stream.

Or even easier... just READ what people are telling you, not just skim over a user's email.

Thanks.

Oh and if you ever finally do get round to re-supporting Symbian 9.1, AND get your systems working properly so that it sees the correct phone logged on a user's profile, I might even consider downloading it then.