PaulOBrien

FREE CASH! Announcing: M:Panel from M:Metrics and MoDaCo

Yes, that sucks!

I haven't been up to date with their symbian activities, but I know they plan to support 9.1, and IIRC the original build they pushed for those devices had an issue, hence it has been pulled from the site.

No excuse for not reading emails properly tho!

P

Ok, signed up, never received the initial text, despite checking the number (it was correct) and resending it.

I've downloaded and installed the software over ActiveSync, however, I don't know how to tell if it's working or not... :/

How does the installed software know who I am (and thus which account to send information to?

I've uninstalled it and am trying to get the text to work again... how long after installing should it take before it does something?

I tried pulling the battery out like they said, but no luck.

EDIT: The email arrived, 8 hours or so later. So meh. Good enough. *waits for cash to start flowing in...*

Edited by Mr.Clark

i have sifted through the post in this thread but cant seem to find what i am looking for.

On the M;panel device select page there is nothing about the MDA Vario3 and im sure i read on ere that you can use the Vario2 as your device and it will work is this correct?

TIA

M

I think they've got problems again. Almost two months ago I e-mailed them to ask where my 6-monthly payment was as it was 8 months since I'd signed up. Nothing arrived and eventually got an e-mail about a month ago telling me that they had no idea why my payment hadn't been processed but it would be sorted immediately. I'm still waiting!!

I logged into their system and it says that my payment has been processed but nothing has arrived. This smacks of a company not paying out unless pestered to death in the hope that most people who downloaded their software forget about it. They take the data and the money from selling it but don't pass it back to the schmucks who provide their data source.

I really think this isn't a company that Modaco should still be promoting so heavily (head item on the 'news' for months!)

Right-o!

I've read every single post in this thread but not one single post from anyone called "M:Metrics" (or similar)?

Wouldn't it have been nice for someone from the Company to have had some sort of input here?

I initially installed this app in Jan '07. I have had my own on-going beef with this lot over the months, resulting in my removing the software from my Vario II some time ago. I had no issue with receiving my initial £15 PO. I had a minor niggle about having been charged for the international SMS's (reinstalling the software several times after resets and handset replacements, which I'll get to in a minute...) but this was far less cost than I had been 'paid', so no problem there.

The main problem I experienced was with the monitoring software itself and the total lack of 'support' from the Support Team (thanks for nothing Nam!!)

I was repeatedly having problems with my Vario II freezing up, unable to answer calls, make calls or even turn off the damned thing. I'd already had it replaced and 'investigated' by T-Mobile 3 times. I'd got to the point where I was running the VII as 'plain vanilla', fearful of installing any software on it in case it began arsing about again. I was becoming quite hacked-off with the whole VII concept.

I started installing applications one at a time, running it for a few days to see whether that app caused the crashing, uninstalling it and trying another. Eventually I got to the M:Metrics app. Meanwhile I had received several emails from Nam, asking why I had stopped sending data, inviting me to reinstall it. Each time I would reply to his email explaining my problems and asking if further information would be helpful to the Company.

Ignored. Completely ignored. Fresh emails were received again asking me to reinstall the app. Anyway, by this point I had got to testing the M:Metrics monitor. Having installed it, within 20 minutes my VII was totally unusable again. I presevered, soft-resetting again and again.

I reported my findings to M:Metrics - jack sh1t in response. I totally gave up with it. Thanks for the £15 but if it makes my device less useful than a paperweight, I don't want to know.

I haven't had any further crashing / freezing on my Vario II since uninstalling it many, many months ago. I'm surprised to see it still taking 'centre stage' on the News page.

;)

I've gotta agree with the others, and I 'll ask the same question that I asked here in this very same thread - on Aug 14th ...

Why is MoDaCo still promoting this right on the front page ??

Why am I so concerned ?? Because as my previous posts back in Aug state - I still have not received my 6 monthly payment - although M:Metrics records indicate that payment was sent - I most certainly haven't received it ??? Why do M:Metrics insist on sending out cash in the post ? Hardly secure is it ? If they have sent my £30 then it looks very likely that my postie has had it ;)

I've emailed M:Metrics a few times, but apart from 1 response from someone in there support team, I haven't heard a dickie-bird more.

Very very poor show, and why (given all the other negative comments on the same subject) is this still front page news ???

Come on guys ... sort it out ...

Lycrawearer

I reckon Paul must not be seeing our comments in here.

Because I too feel the same, about this being a poor Party to shack up with and promote - it will reflect badly on Modaco in the long term, this heavy promoting of it!

See, get this - further to my post up above about Support not bothering to read my repeated emails and offering irrelevant suggestions, well it gets better...

Out of the blue, I recently suddenly get an Email asking why I stopped using the application...

That would be the application that is NOT AVAILABLE for my current device of choice, and hence the whole raft of emails pertaining to this that werre sent back and forth between myself and M:Panel...

So adding insult to injury, they just turned a joke into a farce.

Doh.

Out of the blue, I recently suddenly get an Email asking why I stopped using the application...

That would be the application that is NOT AVAILABLE for my current device of choice, and hence the whole raft of emails pertaining to this that werre sent back and forth between myself and M:Panel...

So adding insult to injury, they just turned a joke into a farce.

Doh.

I kept getting those "out of the blue" messages. Simple solution login, dummy out the e-mail address and phone number and no more messages.

I kept getting those "out of the blue" messages. Simple solution login, dummy out the e-mail address and phone number and no more messages.

You haven't read my post above, mate.

Receiving the message is irrelevant. Not a huge issue.

The point you missed was that I received a message asking me why I had stopped using the application...

...After weeks of Emailing them about not being able to get the right version downloaded in the first place, and they kept not understanding this, then when they finally bothered to read my messages properly, the version I needed had by then been pulled anyway.

The point of my follow up post, was to highlight the irony, sarcasm, and p*ss poor customer service in all of this, especially in terms of then later receiving a message asking why I stopped using it (which I am aware will be auto-generated, but that's not the point).

*lol*

Just catching up with the thread!

I wholeheartedly agree that the poor responses that are coming from the support team are entirely unacceptable, and this is an issue I am frequently raising with M:Metrics. I'm not completely up to date with what happened with the Symbian side of things, but I will get an update today.

It seems worth collating a list of issues that I need to raise with them, so let's start compiling a list here - reply below to get an item added. Not promoting M:Panel is one option, however a LOT of people have received a LOT of money through the promotion, so it's a shame for future visitors to miss out on a great opportunity for free cash (when it works!).

So, here's the list... as I say, reply below to get an item added, and when I have a decent looking list i'll escalate it.

P

THE list!

- Slow response times from support email, and poor / irrelevant responses!

- Status of Symbian client

- Cash sent thru post, proof of delivery - how end user should raise this in event of monies not being received

- Number formatting issue in application

- Verify that international SMS MUST not happen

- More timely support of latest devices (e.g. Vario III)

Repeat receipt of the regular "We notice you stopped using our application 10 days ago...." Emails.

Because I've just had YET ANOTHER bloody one today, to add to the sarcasm and irony of the previous one, given the whole issue I posted about on the previous page, of my not even being able to now run a Symbian 9.1 version of the app.

DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH!

Another grumble..

Very early yesterday morning I tried to log into the mobilepanel site but got an error message advising that my email address wasn't on their records. This is despite the fact it's the only one I've ever used and they have even emailed to me using it. I therefore filled out the contact form on the site to report the problem and got an auto response saying they would be in touch within 24 hours. I'm still waiting.............

Another grumble..

Very early yesterday morning I tried to log into the mobilepanel site but got an error message advising that my email address wasn't on their records. This is despite the fact it's the only one I've ever used and they have even emailed to me using it. I therefore filled out the contact form on the site to report the problem and got an auto response saying they would be in touch within 24 hours. I'm still waiting.............

There's a mobilepanel.com and a mobilepanel.co.uk site, make sure you were using the correct one as you will only get recognised at the site you registered on.

Job requirement for any emailed Customer Service rep: only read every third word and then guess what the customer is saying; look up the list of pre-prepared responses and pick the nearest one to the guess; send response. That about sums it up. M:Metrics are not unique. I've had similar repsonses from everyone from Microsoft, my ISP and Bank.

I reckon they must get paid per response rather than per issue resolved.

;)

There's a mobilepanel.com and a mobilepanel.co.uk site, make sure you were using the correct one as you will only get recognised at the site you registered on.

Ah, I hadn't noticed that. I'll try the .co.uk site ;)

M:Metrics seem to have died!! I should have been payed the 6 month bonus last month! I've e-mailed them twice and got no response what so ever! (One e-mail per 7 days!)

4 or so months ago I e-mailed them and got a response the next day! What has happened!

Why are they not sending out payments anymore.

Note: They actually owe me this £30 because of the amount ot International Texts! (I flash the ROM alot!)

Hell its not like its hard or expensive to set up a UK Incoming Number for the activations! Which would have been free for me!!!!!!

Edited by UndeadDevil

So are they still paying or is it no good?

I hope so because I'm due a payment this month.

I hope so because I'm due a payment this month.

If you get it give me a holler and ill sign up!

Well the software is no-longer on my phone. (Conincadently, the phones suddenly started to work much faster)

They claim they sent my Payment out in November, its now Almost Mid-December. It took them over 2 weeks just to reply to me with the following!!!

Thank you for your inquiry. According to our records, your incentive was processed during the first week of November. Please verify that we have your correct mailing address by logging onto your profile at www.mobilepanel.co.uk.

Regards,

Nam

Smart M:Panel Support

[email protected]

I have received No Reply to any e-mails since then. (Thu 29/11/2007 9:32 PM)

I again replyed saying of course the address is correct, this is beyond a joke as they have cost me what must be close to £30 now thanks to the International Text's it sends to Activate.

What options do I now have? I feel that I'm owed this money due to the costs of Activation Text's.

Edited by UndeadDevil

Well the software is no-longer on my phone. (Conincadently, the phones suddenly started to work much faster)

They claim they sent my Payment out in November, its now Almost Mid-December. It took them over 2 weeks just to reply to me with the following!!!

I have received No Reply to any e-mails since then. (Thu 29/11/2007 9:32 PM)

I again replyed saying of course the address is correct, this is beyond a joke as they have cost me what must be close to £30 now thanks to the International Text's it sends to Activate.

What options do I now have? I feel that I'm owed this money due to the costs of Activation Text's.

Software also removed from my phone, should have received payment in October, I have sent them 2 emails and have not received any reply.

Software also removed from my phone, should have received payment in October, I have sent them 2 emails and have not received any reply.

Well if they ever do finally sort out a N95 version of this, I'll be giving it a miss anyway, having read all this and seen that things are getting decidedly WORSE, not better with them.

It's the only company that partners with Modaco who in my mind, gives Modaco a bad name, or make them look bad.