PaulOBrien

FREE CASH! Announcing: M:Panel from M:Metrics and MoDaCo

Still Waiting for Octobers payment, told that it would be paid in January as there had been problems with the postal strike back in

October, we are now into February still no payment, software will be removed from phone very shortly I think.

I'm in exactly the same situation. I've emailed them a few times and keep getting told the payment will be processed, but so far no cash!!!

If they take any longer they'll have to send my next incentive at the same time :)

I'm seriously thinking about removing this from my PPC.

Also, a question for Paul, as these guys seem to be offering such a rubbish service to Modaco members why are they still the first post in the news section? Perhaps they could be demoted to somewhere near the bottom where, at present I feel, they belong!!

:D

Problems here too. Updated phone to WM6 and now, despite several re-installs, account is still in Inactive state. Plus, 13 SMSs to 001425 2461806 @ 17p each :)

Seems the software is just not WM6 compatible. (T-Mobile MDA Touch) Shame, as I had no problem with payments when running WM5 on Virgin Lobster 700TV. I think perhaps the whole project has got too big for them to keep a grip on. Some sort of general feedback from m:metrics would be good customer relations...

Seems the software is just not WM6 compatible. (T-Mobile MDA Touch) Shame, as I had no problem with payments when running WM5 on Virgin Lobster 700TV. I think perhaps the whole project has got too big for them to keep a grip on. Some sort of general feedback from m:metrics would be good customer relations...

The software works on my WM6 flashed Hermes, when I check the activity log I can see it is recording. My issue is that the Mobile Panel guys don't send out the incentives when they're supposed to. Perhaps you're right and they just can't cope with the scale of it anymore. Some feedback from them would be good.

Well, I've sent them another message from their website, so let's see if anything comes of it. :)

Have done the same, the way things are going the April payment will be due as well soon.

Last chance as far as I am concerned.

Well, I've sent them another message from their website, so let's see if anything comes of it. :)

Erm, silly question and I deserve it if there is a problem but can anyone get this working correctly with 6.1?

I flashed my XDA Orbit to a custom WM 6.1 rom a couple days back .. re-installed the M:Metrics package, but it ain't working on my machine ... yet!!

Lycrawearer

I've spoken to M:Metrics, if anyone has been charged for international SMS, please contact support for a refund.

P

Yep tried that here:

Problems here too. Updated phone to WM6 and now, despite several re-installs, account is still in Inactive state. Plus, 13 SMSs to 001425 2461806 @ 17p each :)

Still no response; still no successful connection to the server; up to 21 SMSs to 001425 2461806 @ 17p each.

There is clearly a problem here and they're taking the p1$$. Uninstalling now......

@Paul - please remove from the front page until they show some commitment to a. respond to emails and b. refund peoples international SMS charges and c. actually fix this problem. Thank you.

M:Panel have just advised me to uninstall for the time being, and are sending me £5 towards the international texts. There would seem to be some acknowledged issues to be resolved...

Edited by cmuir62

M:Panel have just advised me to uninstall for the time being, and are sending me £5 towards the international texts. There would seem to be some acknowledged issues to be resolved...

They've advised me to uninstall too and I'm now chasing them up for recompense after sending 30 international SMS to more than 1 number.

VERY disappointed with this and would echo the call to remove it from the main page.

I'd seen it there for ages and always thought I'd better steer clear of it and wish I had.

It may have been good when it started out, but reports on this thread would show that its now not even worth considering. until things improve.

:) :D :D Same here. Problem started the day I upgraded my MDA VarioII to WM6 using official T-Mobile upgrade. 29 trans-Atlantic SMSs ove the next few days. M:Panel promised to send me "a thank you gift of £15.00" on 31 Dec 2007 in recompense. Not received yet. They promised on 9 Feb "For your cooperation we will issue a £5 gift". Not received yet (ok, may still be in the post). But of course £5 doesn't anywhere near cover the cost of 29 trans-Atlantic SMSs.

My first email to them said "when I upgraded my phone to Window Mobile 6 on 13 December...". The most recent response (6 weeks later) asks "if there were any changes on your device at that time that you can remember it would be extremely helpful." Not a lot of evidence of them actually reading what's sent to them.

This thing has obviously grown beyond their capabilities. It was fine while it lasted but I don't think I'll be re-installing, even if they do eventually acknowledge that there is a problem and do something about it.

Meanwhile, this effective recommendation of an outfit that so many members are patently having significant problems with really is giving Modaco a bad name. A large health (wealth?) warning needs to be put on the front of this thread, otherwise Modaco's credibility is up for a severe bashing.

This saga shows every sign of a company going to the wall. Too big, probably not much call for the data produced so they can't sell it, and therefore minimal cashflow to pay incentives or keep staff.

I've not had my 6 month payment from last October and despite a string of e-mails to them, all I get back (sometimes) are one line e-mails saying my payment is due to be processed the following week. It never is! Their website says my payment was made but I've never had it.

I find it amazing that Paul promotes this site so heavily despite the obvious pitiful customer service problems with the company. To be top story on the site for so many months can only mean he's making a very healthy profit from M:Metrics, no doubt paid for out of the incentive money the actual users aren't getting. I think it is a turning point for Modaco where profit comes first and has now gone fully commercial rather than being a 'fan' site with some commercial content.

well me and my missus have had 2 accounts running for over 18 months now

and for some reason recently they have just deleted my account - email address isnt recognised

and they arent replying to emails ive sent in about it

wouldnt mind but they owe me 30£

spent many weeks chasing old 30£ payments they owed us as well

this company really need to get their payments and account system in order coz its ripping some of us off!

Edited by delta9

Following on from the issues here about being charged for international text messages, I've just checked my online bill - and it appears I've been charged for 8 international text messages to '0014252461806' at 17p each :)

I'm gonna send off an email to [email protected] right now and kick up a fuss ....

I'm also gonna un-install their software from my PDA until they sort the problem ...

Cheers

Lycrawearer

P.S. Why is Paul still promoting this heavily on the front page ??? Come on Paul ....

After I did a hard a rest on my MDA Vario III in late January I reinstalled the M:Panel software. I have used it without problems for almost 2 years now and was keen to keep earning money. After just a few days I was still not linking to their servers. Several emails between M:Panel support and me have not yet resolved the problem and after 17 international SMS at £0.17 each over a 2/3 week period I have removed the software and advised M:Panel why. They agreed that it is the best option until they resolve the problem at their end.

Apparently they are sending me £5.00 to compensate for the text charges. I will let you know when mine arrives :)

For anyone having trouble getting hold of them on the usual support email address - try Allan on this: [email protected]

Cheers

Zippyioa

Things are looking up, received my October payment, by cheque, in the post this morning :)

Things are looking up, received my October payment, by cheque, in the post this morning :)

Glad to hear it. :D

I can't wait to get home and check the post now, hopefully mine will have turned up too.

How long ago did they promise to send it?

My first payment of £15 was due in February. Had a letter today with £15 cash!!! :)

How long ago did they promise to send it?

Payment was originally due in October, emailed them several times after payment date and eventually told that payment would be received in January, sent another email at the begining of February and payment received this morning.

My first payment of £15 was due in February. Had a letter today with £15 cash!!! :)

My payment was due in January. Just got a letter explaining that they had sent me £30 - containing a cheque for £15!

Idiots.

Where is that remove software button again!

Glad to hear it. :D

I can't wait to get home and check the post now, hopefully mine will have turned up too.

Mine ain't turned up :)

I think another terse email will be on it's way to them shortly.

This seems to be more hassle than it's worth for ~£30...