PaulOBrien

FREE CASH! Announcing: M:Panel from M:Metrics and MoDaCo

My cheque arrived today :) :D only four months late!!

Soon be time to start chasing the April payment.

Now I have other problems, have just changed phone to a O2 Xda orbit 2, have carried out all the instructions on their web site regarding updating device profile, downloaded and installed software and now I can't activate my account and have been charged for 9 international texts, so the software has been removed and the correspondence started again.

Has anyone got this working on WM6 ?

all it seems to do is eat my ram after a few days and send out international texts

just waiting for them to email me back

infact come to think of it i think i was due a payment in oct, dont remember getting one

I've previously installed in on my Hermes which had been flashed with a wm6 rom and it seemed to work fine. But since upgrading to a Kaiser I'm not so sure. I recieved an email from the panel advising my status was inactive so

I reinstalled it on my Kaiser and followed all the instructions on the website, which displayed a page advising the installation had been verified and successful. However if I launch the MM app on my phone the activity log is blank. But if I check the website my cuttent status shows as active.

It looks like the phone has sent out loads of international texts too. In fact 27 in the last two weeks - 10 since Saturday when I reinstalled.

Hmmm....not happy about this

I've previously installed in on my Hermes which had been flashed with a wm6 rom and it seemed to work fine. But since upgrading to a Kaiser I'm not so sure. I recieved an email from the panel advising my status was inactive so

I reinstalled it on my Kaiser and followed all the instructions on the website, which displayed a page advising the installation had been verified and successful. However if I launch the MM app on my phone the activity log is blank. But if I check the website my cuttent status shows as active.

It looks like the phone has sent out loads of international texts too. In fact 27 in the last two weeks - 10 since Saturday when I reinstalled.

I have an MDA Vario 3 which I believe is known as the Kaiser. I too havnt been able to install successfully, despite following all the instructions, emailing support and even hard resetting the phone. I have also just discovered in the region of £25 worth of texts made from my handset to 2 international numbers. Having spent nearly 2 hours on the phone to T Mobile convincing them I dont know anyone in USA they couldnt suggest anything else other than confirm these texts came from my handset and SIM card, they even confirmed the cell sites I was logged onto !!!! A nice lady at T Mobile has found out these numbers belong to M Metrics, who run Smart Panal, suffice to say I am very upset as SMS are not mentioned in the T & C's. I believe what M Metrics have done is wrong and as such a formal complaint is on it's way to their Seattle office (as IMO emailing doesnt work).

I have uninstalled my software and wont be re installing. It's not worth it !!!!

I have an MDA Vario 3 which I believe is known as the Kaiser. I too havnt been able to install successfully, despite following all the instructions, emailing support and even hard resetting the phone. I have also just discovered in the region of £25 worth of texts made from my handset to 2 international numbers. Having spent nearly 2 hours on the phone to T Mobile convincing them I dont know anyone in USA they couldnt suggest anything else other than confirm these texts came from my handset and SIM card, they even confirmed the cell sites I was logged onto !!!! A nice lady at T Mobile has found out these numbers belong to M Metrics, who run Smart Panal, suffice to say I am very upset as SMS are not mentioned in the T & C's. I believe what M Metrics have done is wrong and as such a formal complaint is on it's way to their Seattle office (as IMO emailing doesnt work).

I have uninstalled my software and wont be re installing. It's not worth it !!!!

SMS are mentioned in the T&Cs but it's only supposed to be one SMS when the app is first installed or of you change the SIM:

"Upon initial installation, the software will send one SMS text message to the M:Metrics server. Whenever the software detects that the SIM card on your smartphone has been switched, it will send an SMS text message to the M:Metrics server."

So £25 worth is taking the p' really.

I queried my installation with the MMetrics guys yesterday and was told everything was ok and my account was active. However I've checked the site today and it shows as inactive. :)

GRRR!!!

Has anyone got this working on WM6 ?

all it seems to do is eat my ram after a few days and send out international texts

just waiting for them to email me back

infact come to think of it i think i was due a payment in oct, dont remember getting one

I have the program working fine on my TYTn 11 (WM6)

I did have a strange email from them yesterday thanking me for contacting them about a problem with my account, but I have not contacted them!

I also had an email saying I had uninstalled the software and my account was inactive...acording to the phone and their web site my account is active..... :)

I have the program working fine on my TYTn 11 (WM6)

I did have a strange email from them yesterday thanking me for contacting them about a problem with my account, but I have not contacted them!

I also had an email saying I had uninstalled the software and my account was inactive...acording to the phone and their web site my account is active..... :)

Mine's still showing as inactive and more SMS have been sent.

So, do tell, what was your secret for getting it to work? :D

Have the same problem as this, I also had a hermes flashed to wm6 and this worked fine, upgraded to a O2 Xda orbit 2 and then the problems started, with exactly the same symptoms as above, emailed them about this and received a reply yesterday (The following day!!) saying that everything must be ok now because my account was active, which it is if I look at my account via my pc, but not if I use the link on the phone and then as above, the activity log is blank.

Time to give up I think, software taken off until problems resolved

My payment was due in January. Just got a letter explaining that they had sent me £30 - containing a cheque for £15!

Idiots.

Where is that remove software button again!

I keep sending them emails - no response at all.

Software removed until they can get their act together.

[Not holding my breath!]

[Not holding my breath!]

Have you tried emailing Allan on this: [email protected]?

Worked for me! :)

Zippyioa

Mine's still showing as inactive and more SMS have been sent.

So, do tell, what was your secret for getting it to work? :)

Don`t know, just lucky i supose. Even my first payment of £15 came when they said it would :D

I've just had a look at my phonebill and it's got loads of international messages to 0014252461806

Not happy at all. Emailed support :D

[Not holding my breath!]

I finally got a response from them.

They cancelled the cheque they sent me - and made the proper payment via paypal.

So - sorted for now I guess. See what happens come April.

Edited by mwright

I emailed M:Panel in early January to complain about the international text charges on my bill AND my account showing as inactive despite running their software. They advised me to uninstall the software until they fix it and offered me £5 to compensate for the text charges.

My cheque for £5.00 arrived today so I am happier than I was a few weeks ago.

I would prefer to be running the software again though - despite the issues recently the program was a good one and gave you a way to earn money for doing nothing over and above what you do normally.

I hope they fix things soon.

Zippyioa

I've just got my "6 month participation reward" cheque for £30. Seems like money for nothing to me! Had one small problem about a month ago when I received an email to say my account wasn't active. Emailed them back to tell them that it was according to their website. Got a quick response to say sorry!

One reason why payments might be a bit late... my cheque was hand written! There must be someone in that company writing a lot of cheques! (last payment was by cash in an envelope from what I can remember!)

just received my cheque as well, handwritten from M Metrics. :D

I've been a member since June 2006 and all my cheques (and sometimes cash) have been ontime.

However, since upgrading from a SPV C500 to a TyTN II last week I reinstalled the software......20 SMSs to 0014252461806!

Plus regardless of how I installed it - direct to the phone or via Activesync, to the device or the storage card - it refuses to go active :-(

I've contacted them via the Contact Us form on the site, but heard nothing.

Looks like all good things DO come to an end - I've uninstalled the software before the SMSs rack up.

Pete

I've been a member since June 2006 and all my cheques (and sometimes cash) have been ontime.

However, since upgrading from a SPV C500 to a TyTN II last week I reinstalled the software......20 SMSs to 0014252461806!

Plus regardless of how I installed it - direct to the phone or via Activesync, to the device or the storage card - it refuses to go active :-(

I've contacted them via the Contact Us form on the site, but heard nothing.

Looks like all good things DO come to an end - I've uninstalled the software before the SMSs rack up.

Pete

This is exactly the situation I was in. I contacted them and did recieve a reply a few days ago. Apparently there's problem with the application running on Tytn II (Kaiser etc) and they were investigating why it doesn't work. I've been advised to uninstall it until they've sorted it out and have been promised a paymnet towards the cost of the SMSs that have been sent (the app had racked up £6.00 worth). I'd keep chasing them and send a copy of your bill showing the SMSs if you can as you might get something back.

We got T-Mobile Dashs and Wings. I've read through most of this and I got some questions.

1) After 2 years have they make the improvement that send it through Wifi, activesync or anything beside data yet? (I have data but I also want to sign up 6 more people but they don't have a data plan.)

2) What port do they use? (For the people that use the $5.99 T-Zones proxy)

3) Number change. What happen if I change my number or switch carrier or both?

4) Have the multi SMS send been fix for USA costumer?

5) I'm in charge of 6 people phone lines, I know that I have to sign up all in different emails but can it be all in my name for those 6 lines/emails?

6) I've seen people mention about All Advantage, is that over with or is it still going?

Sorry for all the tough questions, try to answer the one you know.

Edited by Shining Light

6) I've seen people mention about All Advantage, is that over with or is it still going?

They died around 2001 or so. :D

They died around 2001 or so. :D

Thanks tsutton, one down five more to go lol.

THE list!

- Slow response times from support email, and poor / irrelevant responses!

- Status of Symbian client

- Cash sent thru post, proof of delivery - how end user should raise this in event of monies not being received

- Number formatting issue in application

- Verify that international SMS MUST not happen

- More timely support of latest devices (e.g. Vario III)

Where are these SMS coming from?

I flash my ROM a lot.

These SMS is what seem to be doing the most damage, how about getting them to drop that. Replace that with us (clients) logging on to their secure site on our phone and put in our username and password so they can verify that we have installed it.