Monolithix

MoDaCo Summer Event 2006 - Date and Location Details Available!

Just remember to take some money with you this time for drinks\food after the event ;)

Are we going to go for a drink after the event? I was thinking of coming straight home...... ;)

Edited by Confucious

I'll be there, I enjoyed last year's (appart from the thivery), and I won't have to rush off this year either so there will be time for beer.

Anybody who is thinking of driving, Paddington is a nightmare area to park in, all residents bays and meters (at least

Edited by zarquon

Just had a look on the Map and foind whee Padington is. You learn something every day! I used to pass within a couple of hundred yards of it every day when I was working at Holland Park and I never knew where it was.

I prefer getting the bus rather than the Tube round London (also covered by a travelcard).

A bit of advice for anyone that has ever driven in London and is tempted in spite of the parking costs - DON'T DO IT. Or if you do allow at least a couple more hours than you think to get from the M25 to paddington. I once met a friebd in London and saw her off at Victoria coach station then went to the train station, caught my train home and when I got home about an hour and a half later she was still on Oxford Street.

Leave cars outside of London and get the tube in!

http://www.oii.ox.ac.uk/collaboration/spec...e-Point-map.pdf

Might be interested, but don't know anyone!

Anyone from the South West going?

The whole point is to go and meet the people you post with every day! Dont worry, we're a friendly bunch and wont bite! ;)

Might be interested, but don't know anyone!

Anyone from the South West going?

I'll be there, at the bar, or outside smoking

later

Owen

I must spend more time inside this time ;)

Well i will be rabbiting my way over from Holland for the meet , but without the bunny ;)

If I get my train tickets to london, is anyone prepared to be a legend and type me up a short guide how to get to the event?

I've been to london once in my whole life, and that was for some Orange Academy event on the other side of london - so I'm bound to get lost!

Cheers!

Euston looks to be the easiest from Birmingham.

Sporky - it's less than 20 mins from Euston to Paddington and the place is just across the road from Paddington station.

For Tubes see http://journeyplanner.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/

And for local map of Paddington area showing where it is see

It's so easy even I should be able to find it ;)

@simbaboso - Hey, Mexico isn't that far :P Welcome to the forums, yo'd be more than welcome if can make it!

Sporky - it's less than 20 mins from Euston to Paddington and the place is just across the road from Paddington station.

For Tubes see http://journeyplanner.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/

And for local map of Paddington area showing where it is see

It's so easy even I should be able to find it ;)

@simbaboso - Hey, Mexico isn't that far :P Welcome to the forums, yo'd be more than welcome if can make it!

thanks mate - I'm able to buy my tube tickets with my journey on the train, so that should be easy enough.. looks like I'm coming afterall ;)

thanks mate - I'm able to buy my tube tickets with my journey on the train, so that should be easy enough.. looks like I'm coming afterall :P

See you there ;)

Never been to one of these before, S'pose it's similar to the computer fairs that used to be held back in the C64/amiga days (sigh! good times).

Stuff I'd like to see discussed includes:

Gaming on the smartphone platform (e.g. emulator to play PPC games on SDAII :-)

Latest apps coming out.

New devices demo-ed.

Interesting new ways to utilise devices, e.g. How then can more snuggly fit in to everday life, rather than just gaming or pim.

What are you guys hoping to see?

Hi there,

Really looking foreward to this years event as it's the first I have achance of being able to attend!

I would love to see a little bit of content from microsoft on the AKU2 security structures and any ways round it they can find root-cert wise. also a little bit of an idea as to what orange and microsft are looking at as regards VoIP which is theoretiocl possible through a wi-fi connection?

I'll probably think up other stuff too but will save it for ther day ;)

Nick#

Oh and of course hands on experience of all the new toys :P

Euston looks to be the easiest from Birmingham.

If you travel from Snow Hill you can go to Marylebone on Chiltern railways, which while it will take longer to get to London than Virgin from New Street, it may be cheaper. It also has the advantage that at Marylebone there is only one tube line, the Bakerloo and it is two stops to Paddington. From Euston you will need to walk along the Road to Euston Square to get the Circle or Hammersmith line to Paddington. Have a look at National Rail and have a play

i wanted to make it last year but couldnt secure a visa hope am going to make it this year

c u guy :P

Welcome to the forum - where are you from? I don't think I need a visa from mid-Sussex (but I could be wrong ;))

Edited by Confucious

Hi Guys - just to let you know planning is ongoing and apologies for the recent slow down in updates (i've had uni exams and a well deserved city break in Barcelona!).

Registration will be open _soon_ so watch this space!

Hope your exams went well and you had a good break and can now get on with the serious business o arranging the meet ;)

Me and Hoyler30589 have got our tickets from sunny Hull! We managed to find tickets for

Edited by WierdGoku