XDAIIi

Guest chaos75

Guest chaos75

Help I just Bought This Phone On Ebay And It Won't Power On..... I can Charge it ... Or At least i think i can a red light comes on when pluged in....... the manual says i should be an orange light for charging what can i do???

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Confucious

Sounds like the battery is stuffed!

Buy a new battery would be your best bet and never, ever, let it go completely flat or it won't take a charge (which is what i believe has happened to yours)

Guest fluffcat1
Help I just Bought This Phone On Ebay And It Won't Power On..... I can Charge it ... Or At least i think i can a red light comes on when pluged in....... the manual says i should be an orange light for charging what can i do???

Did you get a full retail package or just a handset and sync and charge cable?

Sounds like the battery is indeed completley flat. Usually removing from the phone and placing it in the cradle slot to charge is enough, but if you don't have that option buy a decent charger and leave connected overnight to the PDA.

Richard

Guest fluffcat1
There speaks a man who knows more than I do - even if he has no taste in cars :)

I didn't even know it had a cradle!

Pah!

Pah!

and I say again Pah!

*I* like it. Although it's getting a bit old now so I may order the new one but not with a DSG box. VW group quality isn't what it was :) .

Anyway, back to the topic - official mains adaptor outputs 2A and charges the phone fairly quickly. USB sync and charge wotsits are limited to 500 mA so if a battery is completley flat they are a bit useless. And slow.

Richard