Sign in to follow this  
Paradox-Sj

Cingular Proxy and GPRS setting

What are the default setting for the Cingular Proxy and GPRS setting?

I changed my ROM to imate SP5 and I need to transfer these setting.

THX

Okay I was able to find them BUT I have noticed that I nolonger get the E/Edge icon.....so does this mean that I am not connecting at the hire speed anylonger?

Also I nolonger have any Cingular certs...will that make a big difference of any kind?

Okay I was able to find them BUT I have noticed that I nolonger get the E/Edge icon.....so does this mean that I am not connecting at the hire speed anylonger?

I don't think it means that. If you care about the nice 'E' though, you need to make a registry change. Under \HKLM\Drivers\BuiltIn\RIL, you should set EnableDifferGprsEdgeIcon to 1 (instead of the default 0). I created a cab for myself to do that, it is attached. (Note that it puts an empty file called dummy.txt on your storage card -- you can ignore/delete and there should be no trouble.)

Also I nolonger have any Cingular certs...will that make a big difference of any kind?

I don't think this matters. I have an i-mate SP5 which I use on the Cingular network with no problems.

Pavan

EDGE_Icon.CAB