Your favourite HTC device

Guest Laser_iCE

Guest Laser_iCE

What is YOUR favourite device? And why? Is it because of the look? Or because of how it fits in your hand?

I think for me, it would probably be the Prophet for the looks... It's a very sexy looking phone. The mat-black looks great and feels even better, it has a great texture! Especially with it's slim design, it is probably my favourite HTC device, besides my Wizard, which would no doubtedly be my choice, purely because of the keyboard. I used to have a Nokia5510, and I loved it because of the keyboard -- made txt'ing a breeze! It's also great for making people on the train go "Wow!" when I just get off a phone call and then flip it around to write a txt ;x

Guest pavankp
What is YOUR favourite device? And why? Is it because of the look? Or because of how it fits in your hand?

The Tornado is my favorite. Comprehensive feature list, all in a really small package. I want a phone that fits in my pocket and is a good phone, which is why I prefer smartphones. The looks on the SP5 ain't bad either. It does WiFi and EDGE, so I have great speeds most of the time. With a 2GB miniSD card, it is my music player, navigation system and And I love the joystick on this phone.

Pavan

Guest Pondrew

My view on the best all round Windows Mobile device (and I've owned and still do own a few!) is probably gonna leave me in a minority. It would have to be the HTC Blue Angel (MDA III/XDA IIs/PDA2K) for presentation, functionality, performance and stability (then again, it did seem to receive far more official rom updates then any other device...).

Guest Confucious

Universal for features - 3G with unlimited data is geat. I should think that when the hermes is released it will have it's fair share of fans but for me, at tyhe moment, it has to be the Universal despite it's size.

Guest Dr Who

Controversially...............the C500.

Seminal Smartphone release, the first smartphone that just worked. Well, at least after a couple of ROM updates. Still packing mine two years later because I still haven't found a phone that offers me a significant upgrade in performance, well only just and its not on TMob. Grrrrrrr.

Guest peekie

For me the E200 has something about it that i like , But on current phones the SP5 as i use the wifi alot , on the ppc side the SPV M3000 is the best :)

Guest Laser_iCE

Mmmm, I'm looking forward to the Hermes... It looks drop dead gorgeous! Mind you, there's also something about the O2 release of the Blue Angel, the glossy finish really attracted me... I think perhaps we should all design a phone and draw it to scale and upload it :) Maybe on the train tomorrow when I'm bored :)

Guest oink1
Universal for features - 3G with unlimited data is great. I should think that when the hermes is released it will have it's fair share of fans but for me, at the moment, it has to be the Universal despite it's size.

^^^ I'm with him! :) It's a bit of a lump, and the battery life could be better but it does it all... :)

Guest tony_man

Wizard wickeed - keyb, size, X factor (everyone wants one now)

C500 stills gets used. A terrific size with brilliant functionality.

Had the old E200 out recently. Its still beats the pants off any symbi&n phone!

Guest sporkguy
Wizard wickeed - keyb, size, X factor (everyone wants one now)

C500 stills gets used. A terrific size with brilliant functionality.

Had the old E200 out recently. Its still beats the pants off any symbi&n phone!

Use an N80 for a week and then tell me you want your E200 back :)

Guest nevawlkalone

Send one here then lol ;) :D B) :)

OOO n would have to be the wizard...allthough never owned one, had one for a few weeks n loved the thing.

Waiting for Heremes n definately having one of those beasts!

Edited by nevawlkalone

Guest J273

I had an n80 for a day and sent it back the build quality was shocking and hated it only thing i like was the screen......First no ms phone ive had for a while ...shame i so wanted to like it but ms phones are the best despite the bugs which kinder wants me to look for somthing different every now and then

Jammin user...on the look out for a sp5 :)

Guest sporkguy
I had an n80 for a day and sent it back the build quality was shocking and hated it only thing i like was the screen......First no ms phone ive had for a while ...shame i so wanted to like it but ms phones are the best despite the bugs which kinder wants me to look for somthing different every now and then

Jammin user...on the look out for a sp5 :)

Funny, cos th N80 i've been using has excellent build quality - much higher than that of the N70 and 6680s I've used in the past.

and anyway - we're comparing it to the E200 here. Its a no-brainer.

Guest Confucious
- we're comparing it to the E200 here. Its a no-brainer.

Compared to the E200 it might be good - The C500 was my first foray into SmartPhones and it was excelent. I've tried a few symbian devices and never thought they were as good as Windows powered machines IMHO.

I'm sure my next device will be Windows powered, the Hermes looks good but I'm put off by the name (I don't have an STD, I'm just a carrier - appologies to all those two young to remember the old jokes) and I don't think its got enough to tempt me away from the Universal - guess I'll wait until the Universal II is out!

I'm typing this on the train on the way home from work - it's the first phone with a decent keyboard, screen and most important, 3G - for those of you yet to discover 3G you are in for a treat just make sure you're either with T-Mob or have very deep pockets :)

Guest J273
Funny, cos th N80 i've been using has excellent build quality - much higher than that of the N70 and 6680s I've used in the past.

and anyway - we're comparing it to the E200 here. Its a no-brainer.

Ive heard some are better built than others mine must of been a badden :)

I liked the e200 the only thing letting it down was its size

probably the longeest ive own a phone when i had mine

Guest Dr Who

Personally I despised the E200. The E100 was pretty fun, in a quirky sort of way, but the E200 just plain sucked. It was hideously bug ridden, totally unstable and the battery life was horrendous. Then out from the sky, surrounded by a halo of love came the wonderful C500. Happy happy, joy joy.

I now have a wizard and a c500. but when it comes down to looks and lovability.... I choose the MPX200. it was good looking worked nicely (for me) and was clamshell. i'm a clamshell lover so that was great. but featurewise and overal appearance. wizard is the way to go (looking forward to hermes though)

Pigo

Tornado for me, I've moved to PPC (prophet) but will be moving back to SP soon. Tornado had it all (bar 3G :)

hopefully I'll be editing this to change my fav to Startrk soon !!

Guest Pondrew
I liked the e200 the only thing letting it down was its size

probably the longeest ive own a phone when i had mine

Yep, same here in having been the device I stuck with the longest...

Personally I despised the E200. The E100 was pretty fun, in a quirky sort of way, but the E200 just plain sucked. It was hideously bug ridden, totally unstable and the battery life was horrendous. Then out from the sky, surrounded by a halo of love came the wonderful C500. Happy happy, joy joy.

The E200s bugs and instablility were sorted by the final rom update, aside of course from the poor battery life.