ETen Techical Support and Warranty

Guest jairo_lopez

Guest jairo_lopez

I bought a Torq P120 from a distributor in USA. After only 3 weeks the phone began to show screen alignment problems. I sent the phone to Sound Solutions America for warranty, and after 4 weeks I got my phone back in Colombia. According to the ETEN Repair Sheet the screen was replaced. After ONLY 4 DAYS of use, the screen is having the same problems all over again: the center of screen has a bad alignment, and it gets stuck in a loop in the alignment utility.

It is very frustrating to buy a very expensive product, and receive it defective. It is even more frustrating to receive it again after going through shipping and customs, and the receive the product still defective, after it was supposedly "fixed".

I really don't understand what quality check does Eten have. Now I have to go through all the warranty process again. :) After I get my phone I'm considering selling it, and trying to get something more reliable.

• 1 month later...
Guest jairo_lopez
I bought a Torq P120 from a distributor in USA. After only 3 weeks the phone began to show screen alignment problems. I sent the phone to Sound Solutions America for warranty, and after 4 weeks I got my phone back in Colombia. According to the ETEN Repair Sheet the screen was replaced. After ONLY 4 DAYS of use, the screen is having the same problems all over again: the center of screen has a bad alignment, and it gets stuck in a loop in the alignment utility.

It is very frustrating to buy a very expensive product, and receive it defective. It is even more frustrating to receive it again after going through shipping and customs, and the receive the product still defective, after it was supposedly "fixed".

I really don't understand what quality check does Eten have. Now I have to go through all the warranty process again. :) After I get my phone I'm considering selling it, and trying to get something more reliable.

A month later and I still have not received my phone back from the second warranty repair. What an awful support!

• 1 month later...
Guest martinwilliams999

I really don't understand what quality check does Eten have. Now I have to go through all the warranty process again. :D After I get my phone I'm considering selling it, and trying to get something more reliable.

Unfortunately, this is a common problem with Etens & Torqs.

I have an Eten M600, same as your P120.

Older versions, with shiny buttons, seem to suffer the most.

Newer ones with matt buttons suffer less.

What ROM version are you using?

This made a big difference for me.

Make sure your P120 has the newest version, 0225.

The screen alignment issue was at its very worst with versions 0216 & 0217.

Updated versions can be found at The TORQ Users Forum.

I have also heard that the vibrating call alert can misalign the screen, but I have never had that particular problem myself.

Edited by martinwilliams999

Guest jairo_lopez

Can you believe that a month after I received my phone from a second warranty repair, because of a screen alignment problem, the screen is starting to have the same problem again? This is the third time!!! How many times a customer has to ship a product for warranty and get it back working properly? I have requested a product replacement and they insisted on a screen replacement. Now I'm asking a full refund.

I really don't understand what quality check does Eten have. Now I have to go through all the warranty process again. :D After I get my phone I'm considering selling it, and trying to get something more reliable.