ActiveSync disconnects midway through file xfer (SPV M600)

Guest profjekyll

Guest profjekyll

Hi

I have an Orange SPV M600. I am running Activesync 4.1.0. While attempting to copy smallish (1-5Mb) files onto both the storage card and the phones own memory, (during the conversion screen with a progress bar) the process hangs and Activesync waits a while then says the device is disconnected.

This happens pretty randomly, sometimes it succeeds but others it does not. I need to unplug and replug the phone to make activesync re-recognize the phone. It seems to dislike some files in particular... after failing on one file repeatedly I try another and it works. Although this may be a red herring...

Any suggestions?

8S

Edited by profjekyll

Guest Confucious

AS always fails for me on large files (ie over about 400Mb) but never had a problem with small files. I'd be tempted to try AS 4.2 and see if that cures your problem.

Guest profjekyll
AS always fails for me on large files (ie over about 400Mb) but never had a problem with small files. I'd be tempted to try AS 4.2 and see if that cures your problem.

Nope same thing happens.

Do you think it could be a hardware fault?

Should I ask for tech support from HTC or from Orange do you think?

Delete all of the existing partnership entries from your activesync ( File -> Delete Partnership ) until there is no mobile device entry left in File -> Mobile Device sub menu. Activesync will disconnect. Then reconnect your device and activesync will ask you to choose a partnership. Choose standard partnership for data synchronization or guest partnership for performing file operations.

Hope this helps....

Guest profjekyll

Thanks for your advice guys... I ended up doing a full reset to factory defaults before reading these posts, and that fixed it.

8)