Hubdog

Guest Confucious

• 3 weeks later...
Guest jm012a9749
Has no one else seen http://www.modaco.com/index.php?s=&sho...st&p=746014

It's made for a Universal with unlimited data - I love it. :)

Just watch my data usage skyrocket though - thank the Gods for T-Mobs unlimited data!

you do realise video/audio streaming is against tmobiles WnW usage policy ;) not that they will be able to detect it... nobody at tmob actually understands th WnW terms and conditions! had one sales person telling me i wasnt allowed to use it for web browsing :) so i took him to pieces about it :D should've seen his face when he pulled up the WnW page to try and prove a point n said it was meant for web browsing :P he then tried to say something about tracking usage which i said i doubted tmob had the resources to trawl through all their WnW customers usage as they cant use packet sniffers due to privacy etc.

anyway rant over.... interestin to see though if they do cotton on B)

Phil

[EDIT: Yes it may seem evil but it'll save him telling other customers that so it might improve their sales :P]

Edited by jm012a9749

Guest jm012a9749
Who uses it for streaming? - I only view downloade content, not streamed content :)

guess thats a loop hole you could argue :) you didnt stream it... you downloaded it ;)

Phil

Guest jm012a9749
Downloading is not the same as streaming and is allowed.

Thats what i meant, you download it instead of stream it... still its not much good for orb which does actually stream.... you'd have to trawl through your hard drive downloading the tracks you wanted.

Phil

Guest Confucious

Which is why I don't use Orb :) Streaming isn't banned from the Pro add so if you want to use Orb you should get that.

Guest jm012a9749
Which is why I don't use Orb :) Streaming isn't banned from the Pro add so if you want to use Orb you should get that.

so streaming isnt banned from pro? what about IM? heard that was banned from WnW but not pro or is it the otherway round?

Guest Confucious

IM is debateable - the way I read the T&C it's not banned. I don't use ity much but will continue to do so until I'm told I can't. The terms specifically ban MoIP which, I believe is not the same as IM.

Different people get told different things, I believe my interpritation is correct....

Guest jm012a9749
IM is debateable - the way I read the T&C it's not banned. I don't use ity much but will continue to do so until I'm told I can't. The terms specifically ban MoIP which, I believe is not the same as IM.

Different people get told different things, I believe my interpritation is correct....

i'll play it your way then until tmob tell me different then :) one other thing though... do you need pro for HSDPA or is it available on regualr WnW?

Phil

Guest jm012a9749
HSDPA is Pro only ;)

But until the Hermes comes out....

Finally someone has now explained the workings of WnW to me :)

Thanks Confucious! :)

MDA Vario II out on August 1st with HSDPA network?

Phil

Guest Confucious

The Hermes won't be called the Vario II apperently - not sure what it will be called. It is scheduled for release in August - I doubt if it will be the 1st!

Edited by Confucious

Guest Blakey

Does anyone know of a way to add hubdog links to your pocket pc home screen - I guess I'm after a hubdog plugin for the pocket pc. Does such a thing exist?

Blakey

• 5 weeks later...
Guest yabr84
Does anyone know of a way to add hubdog links to your pocket pc home screen - I guess I'm after a hubdog plugin for the pocket pc. Does such a thing exist?

Blakey

Hello Blakey,

I'm Yanick from the Hubdog team,

A today plugin is not available for the moment. But we are working on it.

We are also developping a Smartphone version of Hubdog.

It should be ready within 1 months.

Regards,

Yanick