M600 Contact List

Guest Joycey

Guest Joycey

Does anyone out there know how to arrange the contact list on the M600 with the first names of the contact rather than the surnames?

Please help, coz its driving me crazy. I know on my C600 you can choose how the name is displayed (i.e surname first, or second, followed by job title etc) but that option doesnt appear to be present on my M600.

Thanks

Paul

Guest jumping_jack_rabbits
Thanks ,will give it a try I

This hasn't worked for me...i'm new to Pocket PCs...anyone found a solution to this yet?

Scott

Guest Confucious

What hasn't worked? If you change Outlook on the PC to dsplay First then Last and Sync to your phone it works? What's the problem?

Guest teefaf

I grappled with this for a while. As far as I could find, there is no global option for displaying contacts as [firstname] [lastname]. In Outlook 2003, there is an option for each individual contact that lets you choose how to display their name (including various options on name order, company name etc). The default setting is [lastname], [firstname].

So, basically, it's a case of going through your contact list and individually changing each person's display setting - over 250 contacts in my list, so it took me a fair while!. There's a drop-down for this just below the name boxes, at the top-left of the dialogue box.

I don't think this setting is adjustable from the PPC device. Hope this helps.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest zero_divide_1

Check out this post Here about a program I wrote to solve the Lastname, Firstname arrangement problem (as well as the ability to change the way a name appears in the contacts list).