Dusty Camera

Guest thecresta

Guest thecresta

Hi All ;)

I'm on my second repacement C550 now (the first had the old joystick problem, the second had a faulty camera). I've had it under a month now, and its already doing my nut in :)

The camera glass has a load of dust behind it, so much I cant see the lens behind it. The photos look okay, but I'm sure its only a matter of time before I'm taking photos of blizzards this summer.

I'm reluctant to send it back as I'm sure the next one will have yet another problem. I had my first phone for 3 months and the camera area collected no dust at all. Maybe a seal isnt fitted properly on this one, or something?

Has anybody else got/had this problem? Is there a work around? Or am I being nit pickey? :)

Many thanks in advance,

Andy

Guest pd.ryder

Welcome to the forum :)

My 550 hasn't (yet) picked up any dust at all. I'm on to my 3rd now as the previous 2 had joystick problems. I can't imagine O would replace it because of dust under the lens - reading threads where users have had real problems getting replacement 500's because of dust clogged screens might suggest O don't consider dust to be an 'issue' - so you might have to wait until something else falls off!! :) ;)

Guest jm012a9749

[temptfate]

Mine hasn't had either of those.

[/temptfate]

if the joystick ever got stuck i'd simply just lock the keypad and just mash it with my thumb and it'd work after :)

only ever had dust under my screen which i removed by taking the fascia off and removing the dust with sellotape :)

Phil

• 2 weeks later...
Guest thecresta

Hi again!

I've found a workaround that is very simple and does not involve taking the phone apart.

It involves a Dyson... :)

I'll have to keep doing it, and I'm sure it will get progressively worse as the vacuum destroys the seal, but I'll cross that bridge when I get to it!

Cheers for the advice!

Andy