c550 with USB FM Transmitter?

Guest odt

Hi Guys,

just wondering if anybody has tried to play mp3s from their c550 through their car speakers using an FM transmitter. like the one here:

ebay

i happen to know that they are quite good with he usb stick mp3 players ..............

obviously i'm talking about using the usb charging/sync lead to do this.

K

Guest jm012a9749
Hi Guys,

just wondering if anybody has tried to play mp3s from their c550 through their car speakers using an FM transmitter. like the one here:

ebay

i happen to know that they are quite good with he usb stick mp3 players ..............

obviously i'm talking about using the usb charging/sync lead to do this.

K

I think this would only work if you used it with a HTC Tornado and had WM5torage activated so it registered as a usb mass storage device. Then use your sync cable to plug it in. a c550 would need active sync to connnect so its not really a viable option. you could however just get a 2.5mm to 3.5mm headphone adaptor from maplins and get one of those tape input things like the one from belkin you can use for iPods and the like to play throught your tape player. also the item your talking about has postage costs of

yeah i noticed the postage, pretty steep, hence the price is so low.

i think youre right about needing activesync though.

alternatively you can get an fm transmittter that works from a 3.5mm headphone jack (loads about), so one of the adapters you speak of may be ideal

many thanks

odt

Guest pd.ryder

The Link do an 'extendable' (on a little reel) 2.5-3.5 stereo + mic adapter for about a tenner. It's a flexible cable type (so it doesn't lever the socket out of your device the first time you use it!) and it has an inbuilt mic on the lapel pin - although I've never managed to get the mic to function :)

It's ideal for audio out though, either to headphones or a transmitter :)

Guest chelseachampions

Hi i brought the 2.5mm to 3.5mm adaptor from maplins, and it will not fit into my c550, the adaptor is far to chunky!

Has anybody got any suggestions thanks

Guest jm012a9749
Hi i brought the 2.5mm to 3.5mm adaptor from maplins, and it will not fit into my c550, the adaptor is far to chunky!

Has anybody got any suggestions thanks

i just filed the plastic off one side off the adaptor with a file :) not too much tho.... just so that it fits nicely

Phil