Weird power off bug on Xda Exec new ROM upgrade

Guest luketoms

Guest luketoms

Is anyone else having this annoying bug with their Xda Exec after the new O2 ROM upgrade:

With the device set to turn off after 1 minute of non use and the backlight to go off after 30 seconds of non use; leave the "Today" screen on. After 30 seconds the backlight goes off (great, just like it should) but then after another 30 seconds (1 minute) later instead of turning off the "My Info" owner information comes on with the backlight again, then yet another 30 seconds later the backlight goes off, then another 30 seconds later the device turns off.

The weird thing is, if you don't leave the device in the "Today" screen it does everything as it should. 30 seconds later the backlight goes off then another 30 seconds later it turns off!! Strange!

Anyone??

Luke

PS: does anyone actually use the new "Lock/unlock" feature on the "Today" screen??

Edited by luketoms

Guest luketoms

SORRY all seems to be fine.

Like all good Pocket PC owners, I appreciate what a good soft reset can do (and fix)! Or when needed even a hard one!!

But does anyone actually use that "Lock/Unlock" thingy??????

Luke

Guest Confucious

My friend leaves his with the screen facing out and says the lock/unlock is a godsend!

So I guess the answer is yes!

Guest luketoms

Very good, I'm glad someone's found use for it!

Why does your friend leave it open and need it locked? I only leave it open when I am in the car and it is in its holder but I need to press a few buttons with satnav and stuff, so obviously there is no need for locking it.

Luke

Guest Confucious

He just prefers itthat way, hes used to pdas where the screen is always out and it means he can see who's calling, strange, but true :)

Guest oink1
But does anyone actually use that "Lock/Unlock" thingy??????

Luke

Me :)

My friend leaves his with the screen facing out and says the lock/unlock is a godsend!

So I guess the answer is yes!

I find that if i don't, I've either activated the camera or voice dial or something else by the time I've levered it out of my sky rocket! :)

Guest luketoms
I find that if i don't, I've either activated the camera or voice dial or something else by the time I've levered it out of my sky rocket! :)

LOL, you do know you can set all the buttons apart from the power button to lock once the device is off ie. closed. That should stop all your accidental button presses!

Go to START - SETTINGS - BUTTONS - LOCK, and then check the "lock all buttons except Power button".

That screen is too delicate to be on show all the time! :)

Luke

Edited by luketoms