SMS Names - Not Changing

Guest dude

Guest dude

Hey guys, long time reader in need of a bit of help.

Noticed this the other day when I had a massive bustup with my girlfriend. Shes always been in my phone as 'Baby'. After the shouting had stopped I felt a bit spiteful and changed her name to '*itch'.

Now on every other phone Ive used when you change a contacts name all the sms messages in the inbox from that contact change to read the new name. For some reason they still said 'Baby'?

All the new messages I received from her all read as '*itch' untill we made up and it went back to baby.

Is there anyway to sort this out? I have some really nice messages from '*itch' which I would like to read 'Baby'! Ive tried deleting her number but after a reboot the sms keep their contact name?

Cheers :)

Guest awarner (MVP)

The phone keeps all messages titled from the name or number at the time it recieves the message. It will not change the name to something else after the event.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest conan_troutman

have you triead using jeyo mobile companion to save them to your computer I think (but could be wrong it stores them by phone number) then you could transfer them back and they might return to one contact name or jsut stay as her phone number but at least it will aviod the why Am title bitch in your sms list mister arguments

which I presume is what your really tring to do