HTC Hermes (ORANGE RELEASE DATE)

Guest Behold

Guest Behold

Not sure if anyone knows but orange are releasing on the 24th July. May be another week till its on upgrade. price will be confirmed on release.

Anyone got an official orange pic of this phone. i can't find one. want to know if they have b4stardised it......

Guest Behold
Can you tell us your source? No Orange pics that I've seen...

Orange Data. I phoned orange premier to ask about it being available the never heard of it. they called orange data team and they are not running a test phase and they are being trainined on it as we speak. there was a proper release date not a proposed one of 24th july. all the details we sent to the premier team on specs etc and she informed me that it will not get a price until the release date and is unknown if upgrades will get at the same time.

Guest Pondrew

Cool. Thanks Behold.

I'm getting the impression HTC Orange and T-Mobile are all gonna be releasing at about the same time around 1st August. Kudos to Orange if they manage to get this one out first...

Guest Pondrew

hehe. I was thinking myself that it will be quite a turnaround going from the last to release the latest Pocket PC Phone devices to the first :)

Guest Behold
hehe. I was thinking myself that it will be quite a turnaround going from the last to release the latest Pocket PC Phone devices to the first :)

If you think about it its the first real 3.5g phone thats worth having 3.5g on. Orange have always had the focus on fast access with there modem speeds and EDGE technology and the are well roled out for running 3.5g also with the fact that as of 2007 3 network will be in partnership for carrier use. it makes sense for them to push it and really make it work.

If they get it right and market it right they should push t mobile out of the way. the only thing at issue at the moment is t mobile have VERY Cheap data at 7.50 a month unlimited.....

Guest Pondrew
See the other thread - Orange claim not to know when but at least "a few weeks" and Tmobile now quoting September.

Eh? I've spoken to several T-Mobile retentions reps who all said an official launch date of August 1st! Admittedly I've since left them anyway for the XDA IQ on O2... :)

Guest jimbouk
Eh? I've spoken to several T-Mobile retentions reps who all said an official launch date of August 1st! Admittedly I've since left them anyway for the XDA IQ on O2... :)

Maybe retentions are getting them first (or maybe the launch date does not equate to when it is actually available)! Anyway, I spoke to the them yesterday pm and they said its now Sept.

Guest Perfectionist

August I can live with ..... but September is gonna make me cry !

Anybody here work for T-mobile - any chance of getting the 50% Friends and Family Discount for us :)

Guest Palindrome

Orange Customer Services claimed the 3100 will be released last week of July when I spoke with them on 16th July. Won't hold my breath considering how misleading they have been in the past.

Guest nevawlkalone

Shame abpout the crippling price plans!

Guest jimbouk
Shame abpout the crippling price plans!

I just spoke to O - and they are still saying by end of July. If they can get me a 3100 by end of July and as they will match T's talkplans and give me an OK deal on data (I only use about 25 megs a month) I will stick with them for now.

Especially as I have heard T's network coverage ain't great.

Guest nevawlkalone
I just spoke to O - and they are still saying by end of July. If they can get me a 3100 by end of July and as they will match T's talkplans and give me an OK deal on data (I only use about 25 megs a month) I will stick with them for now.

Especially as I have heard T's network coverage ain't great.

So they will match the FlexT tarrifs? And give a reasonable amount of data usuage? Not to bad...id like to see that happen though TBH

I can see what T-Mob will do for me but not O...im a bellive it when i see it kinda guy..specially when it comes to splashin my cash on an 18mnth contract!

Guest jimbouk
So they will match the FlexT tarrifs? And give a reasonable amount of data usuage? Not to bad...id like to see that happen though TBH

I can see what T-Mob will do for me but not O...im a bellive it when i see it kinda guy..specially when it comes to splashin my cash on an 18mnth contract!

As I am a category 5 customer (after ten years with them) and an average monthly spend of

Guest elhornet

Makes more sense that O will release them first, they don't have old stock to move unlike T who still have the original Vario on the shelves.

Guest nickb23

well, it is the 24th July, and I have just called Orange about getting the M3100 asa new customer. As you would expect they of course did not know anything about it. I then told them that I recieved an email from Orange telling me that it would be available last week of July. She then was magically able to find info telling me it was still on test.

that was then end of the conversation. No more help......

anyone else get more info from Orange. This is for a new customer rather than an upgrade.

thank all

Nick B

Guest danwatson1974
well, it is the 24th July, and I have just called Orange about getting the M3100 asa new customer. As you would expect they of course did not know anything about it. I then told them that I recieved an email from Orange telling me that it would be available last week of July. She then was magically able to find info telling me it was still on test.

that was then end of the conversation. No more help......

anyone else get more info from Orange. This is for a new customer rather than an upgrade.

thank all

Nick B

I heard that it was likely to be in August now ... giving Orange time to tinker with the ROM and stuff...

Desn't really matter if new or existing customer ... they don't give one preference over the other as a rule.

Cheers,

Dan.

Guest bugeyes
I heard that it was likely to be in August now ... giving Orange time to tinker with the ROM and stuff...

Desn't really matter if new or existing customer ... they don't give one preference over the other as a rule.

Cheers,

Dan.

oooh yes they do!!!!

tried to get the m600 since it was shown as in stock on the O web site and was promptly told it was only available for new customers!

so then io asked about the spv m3100, this may only be for business users but according to orange business upgrades the spv m3100 is due out within the week!

lets hope the guy wasn't talking out of his @rse!

Guest peekie

If orange are the same as what here are doing it should be great for you guys , 20mb internet ( no data limit ) + internet telephone ( free calls 24 hours a day to landline phones ) + mobile coverage with unlimited free calls to orange mobiles 24 hours a day and 250mb internet data per month all rapped into a nice contract for around 18 uk pounds a month , that is way better than t-mobile offer here :)