HTC Hermes (ORANGE RELEASE DATE)

Guest Behold

Guest sleighty
If orange are the same as what here are doing it should be great for you guys , 20mb internet ( no data limit ) + internet telephone ( free calls 24 hours a day to landline phones ) + mobile coverage with unlimited free calls to orange mobiles 24 hours a day and 250mb internet data per month all rapped into a nice contract for around 18 uk pounds a month , that is way better than t-mobile offer here :)

Some of the details are a little off but in essence its a good deal. Our household (we've had to take turns!) has spent SEVERAL HOURS on hold over the last few weeks trying to get O to give us broadband. Should be sorted at last so now I can start spending hours on hold to O business to get me a 3100!!!

Guest Wozbacca

just in case you havent seen in, i posted in another topic about orange doing unlimited (probably capped) data for gprs/3g for

Edited by Wozbacca

Guest Markee
phoned O today, M3100 still in testing, release date has been put back to August now :) (can't say I was surprised!)

Spoke to a very helpful Orange assitant a couple of weeks ago. She showed me pics of the M3100 on their internal website (intranet). It indicated a release date of July, but she said that would definetly be August, not July.

She said it was undergoing testing at the moment. She then went on to say the Nokia N71 failed Orange testing, so was dropped - so we're not out of the woods yet!

Cheers

Markee

Guest bronksy

When they say the N71 failed testing, and in fact anything is in 'testing' what they actully should say to us is..

'It's in tetsing.. well not really testing, we're trying to shag up the ROM with our useless homescreen and crap operator software that helps slow down your unit, and eats into the OS like pubic lice'

That's what they actuallly mean..

Guest nforsans

Browsing Orange's latest offering for August through one of the wholesale companies (the house that supplies most mobile phone shops in the UK), i can see the hermes / SPV M3100 with a trade price of

Edited by nforsans

Guest Pondrew
Yeah.. it was probably working too well. so they had to delay the release so they could cripple it a little bit more. :)

heh. Ever been accused of being a cynic Bronksy? ;)

Guest bronksy

Who.. ME?

NEVER!

Now.. I didn't know it didn't have a VGA screen.. is this any cause for concern? I dont think so, but the screen on the M5000 is loverrrly...

Guest Shaun1987

Hey guys,

I work for the Orange premier team, we have the release date of the M3100 to be anythime this month, they dont give us an exact date just incase it changes or fails testing like the Nka N91 did! So I would expect it later part of this month. If your a band 5 cust, the old M5000 used to be

Hey guys,

I work for the Orange premier team, we have the release date of the M3100 to be anythime this month, they dont give us an exact date just incase it changes or fails testing like the Nka N91 did! So I would expect it later part of this month. If your a band 5 cust, the old M5000 used to be

Guest hennapod
Hey guys,

Guest skinman_uk
Hey guys,

Guest sgray

hi shaun

yes i think understanding bandings would be good..

i've been a premier customer for 2 years now, and enjoy the service, but my bills are still too high. im paying almost 70 quid a month! i am pretty sure with Tmobile I would be able to get this down to about 45 quid - but i would rather stay with orange... i personally don't think much of the new tariffs and think the old ones were better. by the way, why did they drop premier? its a good deal - exactly what people would have wanted i would have thought.

by the way - do orange still have talkshare? because i want to get the m3100 on a new number, and pool my minutes/txt/ between the two phones... i don't mind only using data on the m3100 and not having it on my old number.

cheers

simon