PaulOBrien

The official MoDaCo Summer Event 2006 thread!

LOL, not saying next time make it harder!! just keep it along the same level.. that all my team asks :)

Zim

I think Will was watching Mastermind or University Challenge when he wrote those out. Who won the quiz by the way?

Wasn't it Zim's team?

We came 6th out of 8 which means that there were actually 2 teams worse than the one I was in! makes you wonder doesn't it? :)

Finally home now but I had a shock when i looked for my nice new phone....

CIMG0936.jpg

Was a great day all round. Big thanks to all involved in making it happen :)

Finally home now but I had a shock when i looked for my nice new phone....

CIMG0936.jpg

Was a great day all round. Big thanks to all involved in making it happen ;)

:)

Where's *MY* free cat eh?!

Hmmm. I don't think I got a pussy in my bag....

No, but I thik there was a comment about someone's favourite Muff?!

Great day guys. Glad I made the event for the 2nd time :)

V.interesting sessions but it was a shame they were so rushed and that's the only criticism I had of the whole event.

Thanks for taking the time to organise something like this and successfully pulling it off ;)

Hey All!

Glad to hear you all had a great time at the modaco event...free C600 must have surprised a few!!! Reminds me of when microsoft used to give out devices to mvp's at it's mobius events...

Anyway, i'm really interested in the samsung SGH-i320 and after seeing pics of the device at the event i'm more confused then ever...there now appear to be three variations of the same device! Up until i saw the Orange offering there was the rounded version with square keys (i320) and the other one (i320n i believe) with a more square design and the motorola q style keypad...the Orange version now seems to be a mixture of both (square shape and square keys) and looks like it's got UMTS capability (i'm sure that thing in the top right hand corner is a front facing camera)...what's going on guys? Did anyone get the chance to handle the device long enough to give an informed opinion?

Cheers.

Edit by Paul:

Out of respect for Orange and their very generous gift, I think it would be appropriate to not discuss unlocking the device in these threads.

PM me if u have any issues with this / questions...

P

Nice work zone-mr :)

The device is so awesome, i'm scared to use it ;)

Wish I had one to use and one to keep!

P

Tell me about it. My old C600 quickly got scratched and bashed, and now i'm scared to put my phone in my pocket with a few keys or in its normal cubby hole in my car! Might have to get one of those phone-jonnies for it ;p

Thanks very much guys for a fantastic event. I'm looking forward to next years (I am just not going to drink the night before!)

Great event, thanks to all the goodies given away, especially Orange for the limited edition C600. Does anyone have a cool MoDaCo theme to match :)

Sounds like another great meet and what a give-a-way!

Sorry to miss it but at least my Saturday was full (fry up at the pub, walk on dartmoor, cream tea, meal in Exeter and then far too many pints of guiness).

Is the SPV M3100 all that we hoped?

Is the SPV M3100 all that we hoped?

Yes :)

Although I did find the keyboard didn't register every press unless you were very firm and the screen is a lot smaller than the Universal.

...sounds like a great event!!! I am gutted I could not make it but crisis after crisis cropped up (hospital, child and dog care)...

Anyway, glad everyone had a good time...

Cheers

Nick

Out of respect for Orange and their very generous gift, I think it would be appropriate to not discuss unlocking the device in these threads.

PM me if u have any issues with this / questions...

P

I just wanted to thank all the guys involved in organising this event. We both had a really good time and it completely surpassed our expectations. Will and Chris were both great speakers and the guys who gave talks were fantastic too. The pub quiz was good fun (even though I'm sure we were robbed. *sniff*

Thanks for everyone who was involved. Hats off for the free C600. I'm so far beyond impressed...

If only I were a business customer: http://www.business.orange.co.uk/servlet/S...d=1135953583381

P.S. To the guy who won the 360: Add me! :) Gamercard below.

Edited by VulakAerr

OT

Paul - you'll be glad to hear I've cleaned my phone and tightened it up! Hadned realised how bad it had got! lol