FUSESP in QVGA Landscape 320*240......

Guest havoc123

Guest havoc123

Hi,

I am looking to purchase the Samsung i320 when it is released and it would be fantastic if FUSESP worked in QVGA Landscape 320*240 but unfortunately it does not.

I have tried running FUSESP in the MS Smartphone QVGA Landscape 320*240 emulator without success and also I asked a guy at www.mobinaute.com who did that fantastic review of the i320 to install and try to run FUSESP but he had the same problems as I.........see screenshots below.

Can anyone help recompile/ recode if necessary to make it work on QVGA Landscape 320*240 ?

I have access to MS Studio 2005 if that helps, but I am not a coder, I could however follow instructions on how to compile.

Has anyone compiled the FUSESP code before ?

FuseSP_capture1.jpg

FuseSP_capture2.jpg

Can anyone help or at least point me in the right direction....

:)

kinda depends on how well written / flexible the original code is

in some cases the move to the hires devices just needs the tweaks to make it aware of hires mode instead of normal GAPI

in other cases it means serious rewrites

also, which version are u running ? as I've just seen site with 0.17 that claims theoretical QVGA support at - http://www.aooa27.dsl.pipex.com/FuseSP.htm

Guest havoc123

Hi,

I have tried this version on the emulator and the front screen is okay but the game screen does not work, do you happen to know how to compile from that source code ?

I have MS Studio 2005 as I mentioned but I need:

1. Step 1

2. Step 2

3. Step 3

etc

Can you help and I will compile for this phone.

Cheers

Paul

I've now looked at the code - and it's not something that is going to be something I could talk you through here

but I will have a look at how much work it is, and try to clear up the time to convert it for you

I'll also look at the PPC versions to see if they are easier to convert (as they are likely the right res, just wrong orientation)

Edited by muff

I've quickly hacked up the FuseSP exe to convert it for the WM5 devices that have landscape screens (the Smartphone version also scaled the image down slightly) this shows all pixels again

Because it's a nasty hack I've removed the screen orientation option as it's not really needed now

It's just the exe rather than a full installation. So for the moment u need to install the 0.17 cab in the link above.

[EDIT]File pulled due to no longer being required now that a proper version has been done :)[/EDIT]

Edited by muff

Guest annawu
I've quickly hacked up the FuseSP exe to convert it for the WM5 devices that have landscape screens (the Smartphone version also scaled the image down slightly) this shows all pixels again

Because it's a nasty hack I've removed the screen orientation option as it's not really needed now

It's just the exe rather than a full installation. So for the moment u need to install the 0.17 cab in the link above.

Hello muff,

this hack is not working on my ipaq pocket pc wm2003 qvga. :)

I can start the emulator but if i try to load a game, nothing.

FuseSP 0.17 (original) is working with games in landscape mode.

Greetings,

Anna

Edited by annawu

Guest annawu
I have updated the main build of FuseSP to version 0.18 to cope with 320x240 landscape smartphones.

I've had confirmation from one tester that this works in the VS2005 emulator, but I would appreciate testing on a 'real' device.

http://www.aooa27.dsl.pipex.com/FuseSP.htm

You are my hero :)

It works on my ipaq wm2003 in landscape and portrait mode.

Thank you !

Guest annawu

Have 2 small problems with version 0.18 :

1.) Bottom bar not fully visible or hidden.

2.) Define keys window, the slider on scrollbar is not working to move up or down

not all visible

See attachment

Greetings,

Anna

post-198623-1153326954_thumb.jpg

post-198623-1153326968_thumb.jpg

Guest quite98
Have 2 small problems with version 0.18 :

1.) Bottom bar not fully visible or hidden.

2.) Define keys window, the slider on scrollbar is not working to move up or down

not all visible

See attachment

Greetings,

Anna

Anna,

The problems you speak of are because FuseSP was really only intended to work on Smartphone devices. It just happens to (for the most part) work on Pocket PC too.

Having said that, though, I will have a look at the problems you mention because my current phone (Sprint PPC6700, HTC Apache) is a PocketPC which suffers from this too (as well as a third issue where the screen does not rotate when the device switches to landscape mode).

Thanks

Keith

Guest quite98
hehe, a proper version :)

works fine in the emu on landscape devices, also works fine on a 240x320 WM5 portrait device as well

Good to know - thanks.

Guest Cescone

Great work Keith. Can I ask you something too?

In a future release, could you add the ability to "stretch" the video output to fit the entire screen ?

I don't know if you know Spectrian and ZXBoy on Symbian phones... but... here, like this:

zxb1.jpgzxb5.jpg

Thank you very much for your excellent application.

Edited by Cescone

Guest quite98
Great work Keith. Can I ask you something too?

In a future release, could you add the ability to "stretch" the video output to fit the entire screen ?

Try this:

http://www.aooa27.dsl.pipex.com/FuseSPbin0_19.zip

Go to Options, set display mode to "Portrait Stretch". I didn't make this the default as I believe it will cause slowdowns on some devices.

Thanks

Keith

Guest quite98

not all visible

This may be non-trivial to fix. I have a feeling that scrollable dialogs are only available on the Smartphone.

Guest Cescone
Try this:

http://www.aooa27.dsl.pipex.com/FuseSPbin0_19.zip

Go to Options, set display mode to "Portrait Stretch". I didn't make this the default as I believe it will cause slowdowns on some devices.

You are the man!!!!!!!!! It's working perfectly and flawlessy without slowdowns, at least on my QTEK 8310

I have sent you a very small donation to your hotmail.com account, I hope that you'll be glad to accept it in exchange for your hard work.

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you...

Just a small notice: if you push the # key to switch between the various screen modes (normal, rotated left, rotated right), it never returns to the QVGA stretch mode. If you could fix it too I think that your emulator would be almost perfect :)

Edited by Cescone

Guest Cescone
Just a small notice: if you push the # key to switch between the various screen modes (normal, rotated left, rotated right), it never returns to the QVGA stretch mode. If you could fix it too I think that your emulator would be almost perfect :)

I forgot... IMHO you should also allow to map the kempson fire button and the joystick directions on any key of the keypad

Edited by Cescone

Guest Cescone

I think I've found a bug. Sometimes when I exit from the emulator, the application doesn't appear anymore inside the task manager BUT it is somehow still running. Then if I try to launch FuseSP again, it does nothing at all.

Here's a small video I've made of what happens on my phone:

Edited by Cescone

• 1 month later...
Guest kjtaylor13

Hi,

I have an orange SPV M3100 which has a slide out keyboard and no keypad, will there be a future update to FUSESP to support this device.

Many Thanks

Kevin Taylor

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just downloaded FuseSP this one --> http://www.aooa27.dsl.pipex.com/FuseSPbin0_21.zip

and installed it to my Samsung SGH-i300. It runs fine but when I load a game file the game runs (I can hear the sound) but the screen doesn't swap to the game it simply shows the Menu screen still with the Blue Horace :)

I have noted that the PocketHAL developers updated their libraries to get http://game-editor.com/ to work with my Samsung after purchasing it. Just curious if my phone is some Smartphone/PPC Hybrid type device, or maybe just a bit s*** :D

Any help appreciated. TIA!

Guest quite98
Just downloaded FuseSP this one --> http://www.aooa27.dsl.pipex.com/FuseSPbin0_21.zip

and installed it to my Samsung SGH-i300. It runs fine but when I load a game file the game runs (I can hear the sound) but the screen doesn't swap to the game it simply shows the Menu screen still with the Blue Horace :)

On the menu screen there will be some text indicating the detected screen size. What does that text say?

Keith