C550 on vodafone - annoying problem

Guest paulhbartlett

Guest paulhbartlett

I unlocked my c550 a couple of months ago as I was so fed up with the orange coverage in my area (far north of scotland). I bought a PAYG vodafone sim and it all seemed fine until someone rings. I sometimes get a blank white screen where the number calling should be and sometimes it displays the number calling. If I try and answer the call 9 times out of 10 it will just hang and eventually lose the call. It doesn't make much difference if I press accept or the green button, although green seems to answer slightly better. Once the call is dropped the phone goes soooooo slow until I reboot.

The only other thing that I have loaded onto the phone just before I unlocked it was the software that pays you to log your activity but I figure thats not connected.

The phone worked fine on Orange so it looks like a vodafone problem. I like the c550 but its getting a real pain having to ring back anyone that rings me as I can't answer the calls.

Anyone any ideas as to what could be wrong???

Any ideas greatly appreciated

Guest nevawlkalone
The only other thing that I have loaded onto the phone just before I unlocked it was the software that pays you to log your activity but I figure thats not connected.

Was this installed while running the orange sim card? Also i thought this software was only for WM5! C550 isnt WM5!that could be why!

Guest paulhbartlett

I did install the MMetrics software when it was on Orange and it worked fine. I have now taken it off and the phone now behaves normally so problem solved. Not sure if when I installed MMetrics it logs some basic info like service provider etc which got confused when Orange became Vodafone!

Anyway normal service has been resumed thanks for the help.