Quickmark QR Code Software for your Smartphone - your phone as QR Code scanner

Guest Unic0der

Guest leethacker

You know how nearly everything in Japan is tagged with QR Codes these days? OK, so you probably don't, and chances are you know QR Codes as 2D barcodes (see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/QR_Code for more info).

img.php?s=5&d=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.MoDaCo.com

Now every Windows Mobile phone owner (not to mention Symbian, UIQ etc) can also read these codes with the free Quickmark QR Code Reader you can get available

here! Downloads are in CAB format, but that's cool with CABviaActiveSync right? :)

You can create your own QR Codes here.

Paul (MVP): I've given it a go (see pic), and it works amazingly well... see pic below!

Edit: If you find you have Chinese rather than English, track down the install directory and rename QuickMark.0409.dll to QuickMark.0809.dll (assuming you are using a UK English device - US English devices should be fine out of the box)

qrcode.png

Guest G1LIW

OK, the next question is this: Which of those links on the Quickmart download page would relate to an Orange SPV C600?

Edited by G1LIW

Guest Syphon Filter
My phone doesn't have a scanner...or am I missing something here (apart from a scanner, that is) ?

It uses the camera in your phone to "read in" the code, basically take a picture.

I am betting it then uses a neural network of some kind to carry out recognition on the image to decipher the information in the code image.

Very cool...

Guest barfoo

Anyone else having problems with text not showing? I'm just getting boxes for menu options, seems like I have a japanese version or something.

Guest chucky.egg

This is cooool!

The only downside is that the URL for the image includes the text/SMS/URL that it "holds", otherwise you could use it for semi-secure storage of information

Email links would be handy too

Guest Paul (MVP)

Add instructions for getting English if you find the app is in Chinese:

'If you find you have Chinese rather than English, track down the install directory and rename QuickMark.0409.dll to QuickMark.0809.dll (assuming you are using a UK English device - US English devices should be fine out of the box)'

:)

P

Guest Paul (MVP)

On my JAMin I have to enable Macro mode with the lil switch to get the avatars working.

I am in 1600x1200 on a 15" screen which is probably not helpful tho :)

P

Guest chucky.egg

I put the 818 Pro version on my Wizard and the image is inverted (not a HUGE problem, but it makes it harder to line up the barcode)

Edited by chucky.egg

Guest chucky.egg

...same with the 818 version

In fact the menu on the 818 version is corrupt on my Wizard too (818 Pro is the better of the two so far!).

Guest chucky.egg

Nah, the only versions that work on my Wizard are the 818 and the 818 Pro, both of which invert the image

Bugger

Also (even with the inverted image) I can't read your Avatar because my Wizard doesn't have a macro mode hardware switch

Guest BeerLover
I'd be interested to see if the 577W Smarpthone version runs?

P

Its an honour to answer your question Paul! :)

Have installed on my C600 (Dopod 577W version) and it works a treat.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.