Quickmark QR Code Software for your Smartphone - your phone as QR Code scanner

Guest Unic0der

Guest Jakaroe808
Have you tried the CHT9000 version (HTC Hermes)?

P

Yeah.. the Tytn version gives an error when launched. It never finds the camera.

I also have been looking for a similar app for reading barcodes but have not been able to find anything..

Guest blueflash
How about something like this? Fun for the site..

QCPortal1.3.jpg

Like the colour change anyone experiment on use of other colour schemes, want to get a QRcode T shirt printed asap

Guest chrisvanbrunschot

I have the same problem, the program is pretty sensitive regarding the quality and size of the picture. Maybe this has something to do with the quality of the camera in the phone?

Guest Pondrew

@mobilewo, please see the forum rules on spam. You might want to try and keep on topic and on the right side of the law in future too please <_

Guest NikLP
Add instructions for getting English if you find the app is in Chinese:

'If you find you have Chinese rather than English, track down the install directory and rename QuickMark.0409.dll to QuickMark.0809.dll (assuming you are using a UK English device - US English devices should be fine out of the box)'

:)

P

Uh, where exactly does this DLL live? I've searched the whole device using different apps and all sorts, but there's no sign of any DLL associated with this? Confused...

M500 Magician (Dopod 828, http://www.quickmark.com.tw/Download/828-r383.CAB)

Guest fattytl
anyone figure whick one works with the HTC TyTN? i've been waiting for a prog likes this forever!!!!

JK CHT9000 WORKS GREAT ON THE TYTN!!!

Guest Ingvarr
Hmmmm....nice - seems to work quite well.

Does get into a loop sometimes and I can't seem to read all codes.

For instance, can everyone read the one that's on this page ?

http://www.tokyoartbeat.com/event/2004/59DF

It can real all QR codes.

Most current smartphones have no "macro" mode, therefore camera picture goes out of focus and become blurry at close distances.

So you will not be able to read qr codes smaller then some size, unless your phone/PDA have "macro" camera mode.

Guest Ingvarr

"Digital Zoom" will not help.

"Digial Zoom" is just kind of "pixel doubling", it will not prevent camera optics from going out of focus. Only way to get small and close images to display properly is to use camera optics - "Optical Zoom".

With adaptive optics camera will not go out of focus in close distances. For example, as manual macro-mode as it done in Prophet and Hermes and some other "photo-phones", or even auto-focus.

And no, I didnt write this software :)

P.S. well, technically with "Digital Zoom" you can try to scan codes from farther distances, avoidin out-of-focus problem, but I think camera noise will make it hard (because with digital zoom picture quality goes down)

Edited by Ingvarr

Guest NikLP
Uh, where exactly does this DLL live? I've searched the whole device using different apps and all sorts, but there's no sign of any DLL associated with this? Confused...

M500 Magician (Dopod 828, http://www.quickmark.com.tw/Download/828-r383.CAB)

And I have to reiterate my previous comment, there is NOTHING apparent in this install that exposes a DLL ANYWHERE?! Help?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest SMYKUL

Okay, this is weird. If you type "SMSTO:" *a recieving number* followed by another colon followed by a message; e.g. "SMSTO:12345:Test" into the text field(normal text, not sms) of a QRcode generator it supposedly prompts your phone to send the text when scanned. I just tried this, sending a message to another smartphone (by pressing ok at the prompt), only thing is it didn't send a normal text, the message actually came up on the other phones screen like an error message or notification would, while the phone was locked! :S The message then disappeared from the screen as per homescreen timeout and was not present in the inbox.Is it just me or does that seem a little wrong?

Okay, this is weird. If you type "SMSTO:" *a recieving number* followed by another colon followed by a message; e.g. "SMSTO:12345:Test" into the text field(normal text, not sms) of a QRcode generator it supposedly prompts your phone to send the text when scanned. I just tried this, sending a message to another smartphone (by pressing ok at the prompt), only thing is it didn't send a normal text, the message actually came up on the other phones screen like an error message or notification would, while the phone was locked! :S The message then disappeared from the screen as per homescreen timeout and was not present in the inbox.Is it just me or does that seem a little wrong?

I think this is one of those high priority text alerts things. I don't know what they call them specifically though. I would imagine this is the software that's doing this, rather than the QR code generator. Seems a pretty weird choice though.

Guest deadhobo

I went through every cab on the page and can't get any to work properly with my Sprint PPC-6700. The closest ones were the "W" versions, which actually initialized the camera (incorrectly rotated), but none could actually recognize the images. Any ideas?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.