A Rant about HTC

Guest gavingovinden

Guest pookiecheeks
Why do they keep changing fcuking memory card formats! I keep having to bloody buy a new card every time get a phone from these people. Mini SD from my C500 to SD for my M500 now micro bloody sodding SD for the M3100. STOP IT YOU FREAKS! GRRRRRR...........

hello all,

..cor ! some people get so stressed out about little things. my sony digital camera takes memory sticks, my fujifilm digital camera takes smartmedia cards, my spv m2000 takes sd cards and my new sony ericsson k800i takes m2 cards. it certainly passes the time remembering what card goes where... lucky i have a 19-in-1 memory card reader in me computer though !

in my opinion, the more important issue is whether the device offers hot-swapping of memory cards. how inconvenient is it having to switch device off, remove battery and then remove card ? and why can't phone devices offer TWO memory card slots(psion managed it quite easily !)

pooks

Guest Alexei

And I thought the reason they kept swapping memory card sizes was to prevent extrenal companies from developping products which would eat into the phone operators margins.

I mean look at it this way; SPV, E100, E200 - nice hotswappable SD card, along comes Sandisk etc with their Wifi SD cards and what do we get? The C500 mini-SD, so no reason to port the wifi drivers to smartphone.

Now along comes Spectec with their mini SD wifi card, and what happens? Micro SD slots. Just strikes me as all too much of a coincidence, that we're denied wifi at almost every available opportunity.

And yes I know there are now smartphones with wifi, but how common are they? None of the telco's have them available here in France.

Guest Dr Who
And I thought the reason they kept swapping memory card sizes was to prevent extrenal companies from developping products which would eat into the phone operators margins.

I mean look at it this way; SPV, E100, E200 - nice hotswappable SD card, along comes Sandisk etc with their Wifi SD cards and what do we get? The C500 mini-SD, so no reason to port the wifi drivers to smartphone.

Now along comes Spectec with their mini SD wifi card, and what happens? Micro SD slots. Just strikes me as all too much of a coincidence, that we're denied wifi at almost every available opportunity.

And yes I know there are now smartphones with wifi, but how common are they? None of the telco's have them available here in France.

You can get a miniSD wifi card?????? I did not know that! Is it compatible with the C500 - I guess being hidden in the middle of the phone doesn't help?