Guest mikeeey

Guest mikeeey
So...

POCKET SNES

and

SMART SNES

are only for WM5?

(See post 41 on this topic)

i wouldnt know. i thought it works on 2003 too but im not sure. try asking or looking in the pocket snes topic

Guest JAmerican347
I tried many PocketSNES versions... none of them work on WM5 Smartphone :-(

Who says the Dash does not work...

It works with audio as well :) No overclocking needed.

SNESonDash.JPG

1)Get Avalon's SmartSNES posted here... http://www.modaco.com/index.php?showtopic=243520#

2)Set the Display to Portrait or Portrait Large by pressing left not up to toggle between radio buttons.

3)Select/Unselect Transparency (if you want to remove the background, works great with background in and looks better)

4)Backlight On is a must due to the Dash is always going to sleep (well I have mine set that way at least)

5)Set Frame Skeep to 4.

6)I tested this with the working titles listed at http://www.pocketsnes.net

Enjoy Dash users!! Probably will work the same way for BlackJack and MotoQ due to similarities

JAmerican

Guest dario69

It works with audio as well :) No overclocking needed.

1)Get Avalon's SmartSNES posted here... http://www.modaco.com/index.php?showtopic=243520#

2)Set the Display to Portrait or Portrait Large by pressing left not up to toggle between radio buttons.

3)Select/Unselect Transparency (if you want to remove the background, works great with background in and looks better)

4)Backlight On is a must due to the Dash is always going to sleep (well I have mine set that way at least)

5)Set Frame Skeep to 4.

Enjoy Dash users!! Probably will work the same way for BlackJack and MotoQ due to similarities

JAmerican

But isn't there cropping going on with that screen shot? I tried this before and noticed cropping of the screen. Still waiting for the update to fix this. Funny thing, Picodrive was fixed for the Dash but not this one.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest gershon

It works with audio as well ;) No overclocking needed.

5)Set Frame Skeep to 4.

JAmerican

Hey,

I have the dash as well i downloaded the emulator and it works almost fine the issue is a part of the right side apears in the left side of the screen causing a very annoting screen play, have u had this issue as well?

Has anyone manged to get this emulator to work nicely without the overlapping screen?

Thanks.

Guest dario69
Hey,

I have the dash as well i downloaded the emulator and it works almost fine the issue is a part of the right side apears in the left side of the screen causing a very annoting screen play, have u had this issue as well?

Has anyone manged to get this emulator to work nicely without the overlapping screen?

Thanks.

If you looked closely at the screenshot there is still cropping going on with his setup. We are still waiting for Masterall to fix this with his SNES emu.

Guest oianfao

i'm running WM5 smartphone.. i've got tgetfile setup.. it works with pocketnester

for sm_rtsnes_eng_.exe i get to the tgetfile screen, click Super Mario World, and nothing happens

• 2 weeks later...
Guest lordpyro
I have a dash and when i click load rom it doesnt nothing. Notta. What im I missing here.

yeah i get the same results

it just keeps the splash screen there.

I've tried to mess with all of the options and to no avail

**update**

duh, I slapped myself on the foreheadwhen I found the right way to do this.

I had the time to look trough here and found about the tget utility.

looks like I leaped before I looked.

Edited by lordpyro

• 1 month later...
Guest nicktr23

i have the tged file. i also downloaded the newest version of avalon smartnes and when i click load rom, i get the tget window asking me to locate the game. then when i select the smc file, nothing happens. it just goes back to the smartnes screen. any suggestion?

Edited by nicktr23

Guest mikeeey
i have the tged file. i also downloaded the newest version of avalon smartnes and when i click load rom, i get the tget window asking me to locate the game. then when i select the smc file, nothing happens. it just goes back to the smartnes screen. any suggestion?

how many roms do u have in that folder? sometimes u need more than 1. try putting another in and then select the one u were trying

Guest lordpyro

yeah you do need more then one there

it's still kind of annoying with that clipping problem though, it even makes it difficult to play RPGs because some text is cut off

I still think they did a good job with it and would like to see how an improved version works without clipping

Guest mikeeey
yeah you do need more then one there

it's still kind of annoying with that clipping problem though, it even makes it difficult to play RPGs because some text is cut off

I still think they did a good job with it and would like to see how an improved version works without clipping

besides the clipping, what framerate are u getting? does it run good for u? do u have ur device overclocked?

Guest lordpyro
besides the clipping, what framerate are u getting? does it run good for u? do u have ur device overclocked?

it for some reason keeps about the same rate regardless of sound on or off at about 30 to 40 for a graphical game like castlevania X

as far as overclocking goes i cant seem to find a program that actually works with the dash to overclock, if i could im sure i could get some nice feedback

Guest mikeeey
it for some reason keeps about the same rate regardless of sound on or off at about 30 to 40 for a graphical game like castlevania X

as far as overclocking goes i cant seem to find a program that actually works with the dash to overclock, if i could im sure i could get some nice feedback

only thing i can think of was that when these 2 emulators were made the dash didnt even exist... so it wasnt made for your device. i really dont know how to help..

Guest mikeeey
is ths emulator faster than pocketsnes?, because i coldnt see any difference when i used it.

it seemed like it for me when i was playing super metroid but now im really not sure lol

Guest lordpyro
it seemed like it for me when i was playing super metroid but now im really not sure lol

I thought they were essentally the same considering the clipping problem and all.

Not too sure what is what. I am just waiting for a dash version of one of these to arrive so I can play Chrono Trigger :rolleyes:

Guest dijital

allot of people were saying it was faster, it tried it with street fighter and sunset riders and didnt notice any difference.

Guest mikeeey
allot of people were saying it was faster, it tried it with street fighter and sunset riders and didnt notice any difference.

yea im not sure anymore, and its been a while since i used it, cuz i realized it doesnt show up in the task manager, and if u get a call it exits.

• 3 months later...
Guest rednyne

Hey,

Ive got a treo 700w and I cant get the emulator to work for the life of me. Whenever I load an emulater into the pocketsnes all it does is freezes on the opening pocketsnes screen.

And with the Smart snes emulator it wont even let me bring up a directory to load a rom. I can press the load rom button but it does nothing.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!