working smartphone snes emulator(s)! and avalon5's new smartsnes

Guest mikeeey

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Guest zaibaker
Where can i find games that work?

Everywhere ;)

Every roms works so google is your friend :wub:

I want to refresh this topic because the avalon version works well but it lack the QVGA compatibility in order to work perfect on smartphones like Qtek 8310 (HTC Tornado).

And when i try to make my own settings in the sounds (like the tip of the first page), i always have Synchronized Video ON :D.

I don't want it because the sound isn't so good and the game is a bit slow.

Maybe someone can help me?

I will try to send a french message to Avalon, if he read it :s.

And very great job :D

Modaco rocks!

Guest mikeeey
Everywhere ;)

Every roms works so google is your friend :wub:

I want to refresh this topic because the avalon version works well but it lack the QVGA compatibility in order to work perfect on smartphones like Qtek 8310 (HTC Tornado).

And when i try to make my own settings in the sounds (like the tip of the first page), i always have Synchronized Video ON :D.

I don't want it because the sound isn't so good and the game is a bit slow.

Maybe someone can help me?

I will try to send a french message to Avalon, if he read it :s.

And very great job :D

Modaco rocks!

I dont think there is much you can do about those settings right now..

also, avalon5 posted here on modaco, in english, i dont think you would need to message him in french would you?

Guest zaibaker
I dont think there is much you can do about those settings right now..

also, avalon5 posted here on modaco, in english, i dont think you would need to message him in french would you?

I'm french mikeeey, so it's easier for me to speak in french in the private message for Avalon ;)

I'm dumb man, i was thinking about GBACE (the GBA emulator), so i'm wrong about adding landscape mode, landscape mode is here in SNES, maybe they can make a QVGA version please in order to take the full screen of the phone and not only the middle?

So i will try to send private messages to avalon in order to see if he can make something about a version QVGA (maybe there is only the resolution number to change); and ask the both (Avalan and masterall) to see if the can add landscape mode in GBAce, maybe the dream can be real.

I will ask too my brother who is programmer to look what he can make.

Stay tuned!

• 3 weeks later...
yeah i get the same results

it just keeps the splash screen there.

I've tried to mess with all of the options and to no avail

**update**

duh, I slapped myself on the foreheadwhen I found the right way to do this.

I had the time to look trough here and found about the tget utility.

looks like I leaped before I looked.

Where can I find the tget utility?

• 1 month later...
Guest alboblood4life
You need to have sound enabled as avalon said or it won't get past the logo...and if that doesn't work and your are able to, try deleting your .srm save file as it might have become corrupted and it is crashing when it loads the sram.

James

where would u get roms for Sm_rtSnes_V2

Guest n0nexistence0

Hi, thanks for the emulator.

I keep on getting a screen clip.

I've experimented with just about every display configuration thought of.

ex...

Normal Screen

en Normal Scre

It won't let me select Landscape, it will error out on me.

I am running it on a Moto Qh9 WM6, I can even run chrono trigger with the joint efforts of both emulators.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
Guest TayPreme

HEY EVERYONE! I HAVE A HTC TMOBILE SHADOW. I AM A HUGE VIDEO GAME FAN AND WOULD LOVE TO BE ABLE TO PLAY SOME ON MY PHONE. I WAS ABLE TO GET THE NES EMULATOR. SURPRISINGLY, IT WAS VERY SIMPLE TO FIND AND EASY TO START PLAYING. HOWEVER, IT HAS NOT BEEN THE SAME FOR OTHER EMULATORS. I HAVE BEEN SEARCHING AND SEARCHING FOR SNES & GENESIS EMULATORS FOR MY PHONE. I KEPT SEEING THE SM@RTSNES & POCKETSNES STUFF BUT WHEN I TRIED TO DOWNLOAD IT, IT WAS AN EXE FILE AND MY PHONE DOESN'T SUPPORT IT. I'VE TRIED GOOGLE, MODACO, ETC...CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME OUT? :) I'D BE VERY APPRECIATIVE! THANKS GUYS!

f this CAPITAList nab, i got to say sth:

-emu is awesome, sega emulation is very,very ok on omap shitty cpu

only thing:

NO gen support?

how to convert?

respect to author i have tried that emu at last, and it is quite impessive for me...

but i won't buy that without .gen support.

Edited by nothin

• 5 months later...
Guest berhurt

Ok, so I did the pocketsnes sound setup and the smartsnes ran fine. Only problem is that the thing doesn't accept the input of more than one button at a time. So, for example, if you need to run in SMB by holding B and pressing a direction, nothing happens...I suspect that this may be something to do with my phone...an SGH-i718 (but I think it's called something different in the western world, if it's available at all)...and I was wondering if anyone knows how to remedy this.

Cheers!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest AbsoluteDesignz

whenever I try to run super mario world on my dash with smart snes screen goes black...then the application dies....anyone have any idea why?

Guest johnambler41577
whenever I try to run super mario world on my dash with smart snes screen goes black...then the application dies....anyone have any idea why?

Do you have the display set to landscape, because if you do it will do that... Have you tried using PocketSNES 1.53?

• 6 months later...
Guest hulkynours
You need to have sound enabled as avalon said or it won't get past the logo...and if that doesn't work and your are able to, try deleting your .srm save file as it might have become corrupted and it is crashing when it loads the sram.

James

I cannot load any rom. When I click File>Load Rom...

It just dont do anything.

I have a HTC S640.

Please help people :)

• 10 months later...
Guest erdactr

topic seems to be dead... but well.. i have a sgh-i616 (samsung smartphone).. i have smartsnes install but getting a split screen in portrait mode... i do see the extreme right of the screen on the left like 1/4.. then other 3/4 after that.. its a bit anoying.. if anyone can help :D

Guest SlickClick

It seems that all SNES threads have died off... I have a MotoQ and am running PocketSNES ver.1.53

Anyone know if a newer version is out..? There is several glitches in the 1.53 version and many games that dont seem to work right...

any feedback would be nice...