T-Mobile MDA Vario II

Guest richcbaker

Guest Matt Kirby
Interesting to note that the photos above are branded 'MDA' rather than 'Vario II', and don't have the video call button (marked).

The original Vario on T-Mobile is actually called the "MDA Vario", and is branded on the device as a "MDA", see here.

The Compact and the Pro are also branded "MDA", seems they are sticking with that for the PPC phones!

Edited by Matt Kirby

Guest Pondrew

Yep. I was always expecting the devices official full name to be MDA Vario II.

Incidentally, in case it is true that T-Mobile UK aren't releasing the other colour varients, I'm having wild ideas which involve sourcing a Vario II in black and white from Germany and flashing it with the UK Vario II rom when it comes available. I assume www.imei-check.com still CID unlock into the bargain.

Guest proindigo
Yep. I was always expecting the devices official full name to be MDA Vario II.

Incidentally, in case it is true that T-Mobile UK aren't releasing the other colour varients, I'm having wild ideas which involve sourcing a Vario II in black and white from Germany and flashing it with the UK Vario II rom when it comes available. I assume www.imei-check.com still CID unlock into the bargain.

Spoke to t-mob about 3 hours ago. Turns out they have been getting a lot of calls from us lot. They said "yes there's a press release, no there aren't any phones!" They have no date for release.....

I think I might be getting from #orange soon, before they run out of stock. I think T-mobile could be another week!

Guest proindigo
T will have phones when it's released!

Here's my theory.... Its selling so well in Germany, that they moving uk stock to Germany to follow demand. Problem is they didn't tell the press team hence.... the press release!

Friday is going to be my cut off date... Clock is ticking.

Guest FragMeister
Here's my theory.... Its selling so well in Germany, that they moving uk stock to Germany to follow demand. Problem is they didn't tell the press team hence.... the press release!

Friday is going to be my cut off date... Clock is ticking.

Nien. Dieses nicht m

Guest Confucious

Impatient buggers arent you? :)

It's due out sometime in August although today has been mentioned as a release date phones very rarely seem to be released on time.

I'm so glad I'm happy with my Universal and don't actually want a Vario II - otherwise I'd be the most impatient of the lot. Hehe

Edited by Confucious

Guest The Doctor
Impatient buggers arent you? :)

It's due out sometime in August although today has been mentioned as a release date phones very rarely seem to be released on time.

I'm so glad I'm happy with my Universal and don't actually want a Vario II - otherwise I'd be the most impatient of the lot. Hehe

i was gonna say... can you blame us? ;)

i just hope they release it soon!

phil

woo 300 posts and another star :D

Guest The Doctor
Gone 08:45 on Wednesday 16th, and still no sign of it on the Web site :-(

11:36.... no sign :)

however i heard a release date of monday somewhere.....

phil

Guest gingerprince

I popped into my local (Bradford) T-Mobile shop this lunchtime to enquire about these - didn't have a clue about them - neither when they're coming or what they have over the Vario!

He made mention to the WnW Pro

Guest Aqu4rius

anyone had any joy with a confirmed release date on T-mobile?

i spoke to CS and they said it was still on the coming soon screen.

also rang local t-mob shop and they said possibly weds or friday. :D

Guest FlangeArtist

I've given up trying to wade through all of the rumours and conjectures as to launch date. Lots of people and CS people say different things. I will simply keep an eye out on this site for an announcement and also keep checking the T-Mobile Web site.

Otherwise, we keep going around this same conversation of "when" and "CS said this"!

Guest Sam Handwich
I've given up trying to wade through all of the rumours and conjectures as to launch date. Lots of people and CS people say different things. I will simply keep an eye out on this site for an announcement and also keep checking the T-Mobile Web site.

Otherwise, we keep going around this same conversation of "when" and "CS said this"!

Spoke to 2 CS reps from T-Mobile this morning. Both seem convinced its being released today, but are 'Waiting for stock...'

I suppose this means they are waiting for their systems to be updated with stock allocations. I can't imagine them literally waiting for a truck to arrive packed with Vario II's, on the day of release lol!

COME ON TMOBILE!

Spoke to 2 CS reps from T-Mobile this morning. Both seem convinced its being released today, but are 'Waiting for stock...'

I suppose this means they are waiting for their systems to be updated with stock allocations. I can't imagine them literally waiting for a truck to arrive packed with Vario II's, on the day of release lol!

I don't like to double post, but I said this in another thread:

Quote from T-Mobile business email today...

"I have been informed that they are coming in to stock today, they are in our warehouse but have to pass a number of tests before they go in to stock and it is going to retail at

Guest Aqu4rius
I don't like to double post, but I said this in another thread:

Quote from T-Mobile business email today...

"I have been informed that they are coming in to stock today, they are in our warehouse but have to pass a number of tests before they go in to stock and it is going to retail at