Orange M3100 on Orange pay monthly!

Guest darrellr

Guest pisquee

And here was me waiting for the M600's to come back into stock (which the website says they have) and now this is coming soon. Guess I am waiting a little longer!

Have 3 lines on my account to upgrade to this phone, only keeping one, and ebaying the other two.

Guest Dr Who
And here was me waiting for the M600's to come back into stock (which the website says they have) and now this is coming soon. Guess I am waiting a little longer!

Have 3 lines on my account to upgrade to this phone, only keeping one, and ebaying the other two.

How very exciting.

Guest bronksy

Well at least its on the Orange website.. and also there's a big page about it in the business site.. I may give business a call now and see it they have a firmer date...

Saw the HTC flavour in Tott Court Rd yesterday.. actually a lovely unit, was impressed, but the colours and facia of the Orange version actually looks nicer!

Guest Dr Who
Well at least its on the Orange website.. and also there's a big page about it in the business site.. I may give business a call now and see it they have a firmer date...

Saw the HTC flavour in Tott Court Rd yesterday.. actually a lovely unit, was impressed, but the colours and facia of the Orange version actually looks nicer!

This is all getting quite complicated. If Orange do offer the fabled unlimited data package, which Wozbacca now seems to have added to his account, then I may actually be better off getting it on Orange! I want it for a toy for a bit, but its really the missus who needs it funtionality, who foolishly upgraded her phone at the turn of the year and has recently suggested it was on an 18 month contract! Really want modem access as well though..........

Guest The Doctor

*drools* ;)

i absolutely can not wait for this device :D

tmob or orange though? :) currently leaning towards tmob with their flext and WnW Pro atm

and yes i agree the orange branding does suit it :(

Phil

Guest NikLP
*drools* ;)

i absolutely can not wait for this device :D

tmob or orange though? :) currently leaning towards tmob with their flext and WnW Pro atm

and yes i agree the orange branding does suit it :(

Phil

Yup it looks the best of all the variants so far (as usual). These take 'Micro SD' cards though - does this card go by another name? And are they much more expensive than normal SD? Can they be interfaced with an SD slot using an adapter card?

I wish O would sort their sh!t out and get this thing out with a decent data plan or they're going to be totally screwed rather quickly.

Guest bronksy
These take 'Micro SD' cards though - does this card go by another name? And are they much more expensive than normal SD? Can they be interfaced with an SD slot using an adapter card?

They are Micro SD.. they usually come with an adapter to make them full size SD. They are tiny.

At the moment they are onlu avail in 1Gb sizes.. but in about 6weeks you will be able to buy a 2Gb card from Sandisk.

They seem to be about the same price as SD, from the usual stores.

Guest hennapod
Yup it looks the best of all the variants so far (as usual). These take 'Micro SD' cards though - does this card go by another name? And are they much more expensive than normal SD? Can they be interfaced with an SD slot using an adapter card?

I wish O would sort their sh!t out and get this thing out with a decent data plan or they're going to be totally screwed rather quickly.

MicroSD used to be called TransFlash and you may see them called that in some places still.

I've found microSD to be about the same as SD cards. I got a card and card reader together as on http://www.mobymemory.com/SanDisk_Kingmax_...emory_Cards.asp

They should all come with an adaptor to make it into a full sized SD card.

Guest fluffcat1
MicroSD used to be called TransFlash and you may see them called that in some places still.

MicroSD is still called Transflash but only by SanDisk who have it as a trademark.

Richard

Guest MARKUKCOUK
MicroSD is still called Transflash but only by SanDisk who have it as a trademark.

Richard

Officially Transflash no longer exists. By SanDisks choice, along with the SD group, MicroSD was formed from Transflash.

Guest NikLP

Cool, thanks.

Better get this thread back on topic I guess!!

Has anyone had any more information from O about the release date of this beast? I called them yesterday but when the bloke went to find out about the data bundle I was there for ten minutes then got dropped off the call... :)

Has anyone done a full comparison of this device and the M600? I'm still undecided about which I want...

Edit: what security protocols do they both support? I'm after WPA. Also, can the M600 and M3100 both support storage of multiple network settings, eg home wireless and work wireless?

Edited by NikLP

Guest simonclark123

My advice is to forget the M600.

Why go for a 195mHz processor with no 3g when you can have 400mHz with 3g?

I upgraded to the M600 (I used WPA on it by the way) from the M500, but am now back using the 416 mHz M500 as the M600 couldn't even cope with scrolling through pdf documents (yes, I know I could have overclocked it, but, again, why bother if 3g speeds are now available with the M3100?)

Regards

Simon Clark

Business Telecoms

Guest NikLP

I'm leaning that way, I'm still concerned by a few things though, namely the having to use a microSD card (which is presumably internal - or what?) If it's not hot-swappable that's really bad.

Also there's no point having it (OR the M600) if O won't put out with the unlimited b/width (which remains to be seen). I'm also severely disappointed that no-one sees fit to just put a bloody standard headphone socket on this, after all the 2.5mm was rubbish but what's this about a USB headphone scoket??

Edited by NikLP

Guest FragMeister
I'm leaning that way, I'm still concerned by a few things though, namely the having to use a microSD card (which is presumably internal - or what?) If it's not hot-swappable that's really bad.

It's not internal. the slot is on the left side - check out the pics, although due to their small size, you cannot swap them about as easily as a full size SD.

I sure hope that a splitter cable to allow headphones and usb charging is available soon, for in-car mp3+charging.

Guest NikLP

You're not bloody kidding. We both simultaneously posted our 150th post by the way, which was quite odd.

Edit: When are we going to see a proper REVIEW?! :)

Edited by NikLP

Guest fluffcat1
Officially Transflash no longer exists. By SanDisks choice, along with the SD group, MicroSD was formed from Transflash.

Maybe somebody should tell SanDisk that - they still call it Transflash on their declaration of comformity and various webpages - as well as having a seperate declaration of comformity for micro SD of the same capacity -with the same date of signature... The Transflash brand is for OEM's. It still exists on their site for capacities upto 512mb - probably becuase no OEM bundles larger sizes yet.

To quote SanDisk:

"TransFlash was invented by SanDisk, and the microSD / TransFlash card is the open industry standard and is fully compatible and interoperable with TransFlash "

http://www.sandisk.com/Assets/File/pdf/ret...Micro_SDSSW.pdf

http://www.sandisk.com/Assets/File/pdf/oem...-transflash.pdf

Richard.

Edited by fluffcat1