4GB Cards in the M5000

Guest buono

Guest buono

Dabs.com have 4GB Kingmax SD cards for a decent enough price.

Does anyone know if the M5000 will accept a card of this capacity? I am running with a Crucial 2GB card at the moment with no issues.

Guest W4tch3r
Dabs.com have 4GB Kingmax SD cards for a decent enough price.

Does anyone know if the M5000 will accept a card of this capacity? I am running with a Crucial 2GB card at the moment with no issues.

Hi, I've been using an A-Data 4g flash disk in my JasJar for a few months now no problem. About the worse that happens is that when I install too many things, the Jasjar starts greatly disliking the card being removed and it takes several re-insertions for the card to be recognised again. That problem goes away after a hard reset. I just think I need to do a better job making sure all memory resident programs are installed to phone memory,

W4tch3r

Guest matt1971
I just think I need to do a better job making sure all memory resident programs are installed to phone memory,

Suppose another way to look at it - if you keep the phone closed i.e clamshell shut - you could change your power setting to never turn off.

The majority of the power used is due to the backlight on the screen so without that on and leaving the unit to never switch off its only minimal power usage. Then it doesnt matter whats installed on the SD card - until a soft reset or you do physically turn off the device.

Matt

Edited by matt1971

Guest xerxes
Suppose another way to look at it - if you keep the phone closed i.e clamshell shut - you could change your power setting to never turn off.

The majority of the power used is due to the backlight on the screen so without that on and leaving the unit to never switch off its only minimal power usage. Then it doesnt matter whats installed on the SD card - until a soft reset or you do physically turn off the device.

Matt

I suspect that turning the phone off (or allowing it to auto switch off) puts the processor into a low power mode.

I set my XDA Exec to never turn off when I first got it so that I could get real instant switch on by opening the clam. The result was that my battery life fell significantly. It went from 2 -3 days between charges to going flat before I got home from work.

xerxes

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Confucious

Interesting! MobyMemory are very goos (and that's a good price!) I wonder if it is s/ware dependent and the earlier s/ware on the original M5000 caused a problem.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Mr.Clark

My boss got a 4Gb card for his M5000, and that worked. I don't know the make though.

I'm still tempted to get one for my Exec, but it'll have to wait until I get my new PC up and working.