SPV M3100 OUT OF STOCK ALREADY

Guest mbeattie

Guest Pondrew

Now now children :)

Personally the magenta (it's not pink!) of the Vario II is growing on me (notice that the side of the device shares that colour - it's certainly different!). But even if you don't like it it doesn't mean you can't use an HTC Hermes on T-Mobile with FlexT & Web N Walk. U can get sim only and put it in a the simfree Hermes you bought elsewhere...

I must say I share the view that an HTC Hermes without a network that supports HSDPA is a waste.

Guest peekie
The MDA Vario II will be available from August 14, 2006 at a price of EUR 359.59 on the Relax 100 tariff on a 24-month contract ( t-mobile germany )

so its on its way about 100 pounds more expensive than the m3100 but atleast the choice is there :)

Guest The Doctor
Well t-mobile phones are a pansy phone with all that pink on them , not a really macho colour , wish they would get rid of it. and as far as buying a t-mobile version and buying a plastic replica cover which is no way as good as the original is stupid , apart from the problem if it breaks down , how do you explain to the guy at t-mobile that the phone you have is their model , plus breaking the seals means no guarantee. far better way would be for your girlfriend to get a orange version and you get her a phone on t-mobile with the data you need , problem solved :)

actually the housings fluffcat1 supplies are orange branded OEM housings and so will be IDENTICAL to those already fitting on the M3100. As for the oraneg branding... i have a fibregalss pencil that took care of the orange logos etc on my c500 ;) as for proving its their phone you can prove it with the IMEI... each phone company registers a range to a model so it's not too difficult to prove its theirs :D and you can buy insurance :( and as for the pink colour, pink is starting to gain popularity with guys over here... still it isnt my thing as so will be replacing the housing ASAP :P

and as for the girlfriend idea..... you'd have to unlock it first :D

and have a girlfriend :D

Phil

Guest NikLP
actually the housings fluffcat1 supplies are orange branded OEM housings and so will be IDENTICAL to those already fitting on the M3100. As for the oraneg branding... i have a fibregalss pencil that took care of the orange logos etc on my c500 :) as for proving its their phone you can prove it with the IMEI... each phone company registers a range to a model so it's not too difficult to prove its theirs ;) and you can buy insurance :D and as for the pink colour, pink is starting to gain popularity with guys over here... still it isnt my thing as so will be replacing the housing ASAP :(

and as for the girlfriend idea..... you'd have to unlock it first :P

and have a girlfriend :D

Phil

Yeah, y'know, :D :D :D

Edited by NikLP

Guest finisterre
Where are pictures of the pink Vario II?

On the frontpage of coolsmartphone.com.

It's not pink, its just the rather garish burgundy colour of the keyboard.

Guest mobieg

i would think that orange and the other networks are going to roll out HSDPA. just like gprs was the boost to gsm it is natural for 3g to HSDPA.

Guest jimbouk
i would think that orange and the other networks are going to roll out HSDPA. just like gprs was the boost to gsm it is natural for 3g to HSDPA.

As it says on various other threads, Orange have committed to HSDPA - they announced some months ago, they would be launching it in the UK this autumn.

Guest adchaffey

According to Wikipedia...

# Vodafone has launched HSDPA services during the summer of 2006. Vodafone released their HSDPA laptop data card on 22 June 2006. The card comes in two versions; tri-band and quad band and will work with Vodafone's 3G/HSDPA network in several other countries including Austria, France, Germany, Portugal, Spain and Hong Kong.

# T-Mobile UK has announced that their HSDPA network will go live across the UK on 1 August 2006. Initial download speeds were announced to be 1.8Mbps, rising to 3.6Mbps in 2007, 7.2Mbps in 2008, 10Mbps in 2009 and 20Mbps by 2011.

# O2 will launch their HSDPA services across the UK in the third quarter of 2006. O2 expects initial download speeds to be 3.6 Mbit/s (peak) at launch, increasing to 7.3 Mbit/s by early 2008, and reaching 10.2 Mbit/s by late 2009.

# Orange UK has announced they will be rolling out their HSDPA service in the second half of 2006.

Guest Spr1ngy

Going back to the color thing... has no one read the Press Release from T-Mobile Germany

Innovative technology, sophisticated ease of use, high quality manufacturing and the smart range of colors on offer - anthracite, Bordeaux and black - are the cornerstones of the unique make-up of MDA Vario II.

So it appears there are going to be 3 different colors in the range, a bit like when they launched the Pink & Graphite MDA Compact II.

Heres hoping....

Guest The Doctor
Going back to the color thing... has no one read the Press Release from T-Mobile Germany

So it appears there are going to be 3 different colors in the range, a bit like when they launched the Pink & Graphite MDA Compact II.

Heres hoping....

Wanting the black one here very VERY much lol

Phil

Guest eyecam

Heres hoping....

anthracite, Bordeaux and black,

looking at the pics its all those colours isn't it

athracite (grey) front bit

bordeaux (dark red) and black (black :)) slide out bit !!

Personally I like the way it looks different from anything else you won't misktake it for any other pocket PC.

If you are not happy with Orange wait a few weeks until the Vario II is in the shops, go play and then decide if you like the colour or not. Those press shots are usually way off.

Guest jimbouk
Bloody hell! And I assume the handset was free? Did that involve any haggling/threatening to leave?

Was free - but I am a class 5 customer and spend approx

For all you guys getting your phone delivered today on orange, mines just turned up ;-)

however its going back to orange b'cos vodafone are doing it so much cheaper.

Guest Mewcenary
Bloody hell! And I assume the handset was free? Did that involve any haggling/threatening to leave?

I'd be interested to hear this too.

I've been quoted

Guest jimbouk
Is it available on upgrades now, then?

Yes. Kept watching the website - and it was still not showing - but thought I would take a punt and call Orange Direct on 0800 0790169 and the helpful girl checked and said "Yes" - so its coming tomorrow morning.

Guest Mewcenary

I have also been weak, and despite my threats to move to T-Mobile, upgraded to the M3100 today.

I probably didn't get the best deal, as I didn't threaten to leave (tired of doing that recently!), so got charged

Guest Dr Who
Yes. Kept watching the website - and it was still not showing - but thought I would take a punt and call Orange Direct on 0800 0790169 and the helpful girl checked and said "Yes" - so its coming tomorrow morning.

Yup just had that confirmed. Unfortnately the retentions dude I spoke to also insisted that the unlimited data is definitely WAP only...............unsurprisingly I didn't upgrade, but thats for a different thread!

Guest scoobytwo

after readin jimbouk's post i thought id phone orange and see.

called the 343 number for upgrades, (isnt it amazing how this number puts you straight through yet the main 150 number puts you on hold for 30min?).

anyway i told the woman i wanted a m3100 with panther

Edited by scoobytwo

Guest Dr Who
i asked about an unlimited browsing and he said i get 3 months free then i get to decide if i keep it or not. i did forget to ask the cost of this, altho' i can cancel this later.

The Try package (3 months data) is free.

Guest MARKUKCOUK
The Try package (3 months data) is free.

WOOOOO HOOOOOOOO

After a long battle, I have the phone coming tomorrow.

Here goes:

M3100 Available = Yes

Panther Package = No your only in month 7

BUT

It's a 3g upgrade so she could give me 2 months 1gig 3g data :)

Really nice woman who knew her stuff and actually uses data because orange staff get some free (gits). Phone coming tomorrow, for