\Storage\windows\evtlog.txt

Guest Too-Sexy

Guest Too-Sexy

Hello guys!

While i was "cleaning" my phone ,i came across a file called evtlog.txt,inside \Storage\windows. this file is about 8 MB(!). I copied it to my pc and opened it. It's some kind of log,with some dates and some other things...

Is it ok to delete this file? Anyone knows if this file is necessary for normal operation of the phone?

Thx.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest mateotxiki
Hello guys!

While i was "cleaning" my phone ,i came across a file called evtlog.txt,inside \Storage\windows. this file is about 8 MB(!). I copied it to my pc and opened it. It's some kind of log,with some dates and some other things...

Is it ok to delete this file? Anyone knows if this file is necessary for normal operation of the phone?

Thx.

I delete it every month because every day it

• 1 month later...
Guest cattr70

Excuse my ignorance but how do you delete the evtlog.txt file, because when I try the phone says that it is shared and cannot be deleted...

Please help me out here...

Guest Too-Sexy

Just copy it to your pc,open it,delete all the entries inside then save it.

Next,go to properties of the file and make it a READ-Only file. then copy it back to your phone!

You dont have to delete it,cause it will be created again...

Guest cattr70

Thank you very much too-sexy... But I figured it out in the mean time and there is an easier way:

1- Rename the evtlog.txt file

2- A new evtlog.txt file will be created automatically when you refresh the file system

3- Make the new one "Read only"

4- Restart phone, you cannot delete the renamed file yet (I am guessing this is needed to disconnect the renamed file from the software whichever is using it...)

5- Delete the old renamed file...

I hope I could help some people...